Redhawk Caldera i will sing no requiem
1 / 1 THREADS
95 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Her call whisked away on the wind, leaving Sorana with a little time to think. It stretched on forever and yet lasted only a second; she replayed what she wanted to say in her head half a dozen times, but the second her mother’s sunset colours appeared through the screen of trees, all those words went floating away.

Teya stopped before reaching her. Sorana felt like they stood on opposite sides of a vast canyon, close enough to see and maybe hear if they shouted, but with no way to bridge it. She couldn’t identify the exact moment when her relationship with Teya had become so sundered and broken. One moment she had loved her mother like the sun.

The next moment she had forgotten what the sun felt like, and loved it more fiercely in its absence, and grown jealous of those who took its light from her.

She loved Teya like the sun still, but Sorana had become the night, and so she had learned to live without her mother. She had learned to cope with her pain in unhealthy and harmful ways. It was easy to blame Teya for all of this, but the stranger had taught her how it was her fault, as well. She had let the silence continue and fester. She had grown sulky and silent instead of telling Teya how she felt or what she needed when it mattered most. She had not asked about Reyes; she had only let herself suffer from his absence.

She had made a lot of mistakes as well. She was only a young girl with so much left to learn. There rose in her a desperate desire to leap over the space between them and start over, forgive her mother, forgive herself, and maybe if she was a little older and a little more mature and things hadn’t happened so quickly or gone so horribly wrong, she could have done that. She could have ignored the puppy smell and Bronco and everything else.

Instead, she dug her shaking toes into the ground and wrapped her resolve around her like a cloak, and when she cried, hi, mama, it was in the voice of one who was only visiting for a time, for a farewell, and not coming home at all.
Messages In This Thread
i will sing no requiem - by Sorana - April 28, 2023, 03:02 AM
RE: i will sing no requiem - by Teya - April 28, 2023, 08:01 AM
RE: i will sing no requiem - by Sorana - May 16, 2023, 09:12 PM
RE: i will sing no requiem - by Teya - May 21, 2023, 08:53 PM
RE: i will sing no requiem - by Sorana - June 21, 2023, 08:55 AM
RE: i will sing no requiem - by Teya - June 22, 2023, 09:40 AM
RE: i will sing no requiem - by Sorana - June 26, 2023, 06:02 PM
RE: i will sing no requiem - by Teya - July 14, 2023, 12:54 PM