Wapun Meadow atlatl
Pledged
Bearclaw
442 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
this is a random mishmash of info & ideas but

@Amneris and @Athalia were growing larger, taller. old enough to hunt, ancelin decided, but more than that, old enough to be wary of the scents around them.
he'd come back and the comfort of the primal forests had persuaded him not to urge his little family away, not yet. 
now he stood in the meadow just outside, a stretch of snowcovered ground that he told the girls belonged to them, to those who lived in the bearclaw valley.
@Ameline too, was invited along.
this was a hunting lesson. this was a tracking lesson. this was a survival lesson. "we've moved into a place with a lot of wolves and a lot of packs." he pointed to a trickle of frozen urine in the snow. "tell me if that's a pack wolf or a lone wolf," he instructed the girls. "pack wolves, avoid unless one of us are with you. lone wolves might make good co-hunters. or they might join us." his eyes shifted between them. "but never speak your name first, athalia. and don't lead them right home, either of you. that valley is ours. ours. it's ours, so not everyone can just walk in. only @Keiko is allowed to do that because she was here first."
honestly, ancelin wasn't sure what to make of her; she kept to herself and didn't leave often, but if they claimed it, then a conversation would need to be had. he didn't want her to leave; the idea of her formally joining them was a way better one.
his voice was firm but not harsh; he glanced several times to his mate. if they were going to make a home of the valley, a proper pack, then it started with the four of them. 
"that reminds me. i — we —," including ameline even though he was speaking what he thought would be agreeable to both of them for both of them — "— we think you should start using the last name bearclaw, like us. because," and ancelin's chest swelled, "we're"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Messages In This Thread
atlatl - by Ancelin - January 22, 2024, 12:20 PM
RE: atlatl - by Athalia - January 22, 2024, 12:40 PM
RE: atlatl - by Amneris - January 22, 2024, 01:20 PM
RE: atlatl - by Ameline - January 22, 2024, 01:31 PM
RE: atlatl - by Ancelin - January 22, 2024, 01:43 PM
RE: atlatl - by Athalia - February 17, 2024, 09:35 PM