Sun Mote Copse but i'd rather swim ashore
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
129 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
It's okay, he mumbled, giving the babe one last nuzzle with the very tip of his nose before passing him back. It took several seconds for the stinging in his eyes to fully abate, during which he merely smiled down at the two pups.

Stingray believed that Swordfish must be dead, and in the same breath refused to accept it. Someday maybe you will meet him, he thought as he pried his gaze away from his newest siblings. I think I'm ready to be a better big brother and babysitter, he said, letting his gaze briefly touch his mother's warm eyes to gauge her reaction. He had not been as present as he should have with Seal and Orca. He had been mired in the loss of Swordfish and the flagging of his own confidence and self-worth. He had lost so much time with them to his inner turmoil.

That brought him to his next thought: his worth. He could focus on being a good babysitter now, but it wouldn't be long before Otter and Skipjack were old enough to run amok in the territory without constant supervision. He had been giving some thought to what else he could offer to his pack. Stingray had never been a particularly accomplished hunter, good enough to get by but nothing special, and he lacked the prowess for battle and the confidence that would make him a stellar guardian. Plus, border patrol bored him half to death. He didn't see himself as wise enough to make a good counselor and his time with the stargazers had shown him he lacked the brain power for the wolf equivalents of science and history. He didn't feel he was good at much, but he did have one thing in mind, a thought hatched during his time traveling.

I think I would like to become an ambassador, he told his mother, like you. Do you think that's something I could do?
Messages In This Thread
but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - March 04, 2024, 01:35 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - March 04, 2024, 09:04 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - March 08, 2024, 03:34 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - March 08, 2024, 09:00 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - April 06, 2024, 10:23 PM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - April 08, 2024, 08:41 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - April 17, 2024, 10:39 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - April 18, 2024, 08:16 AM