Sun Mote Copse but i'd rather swim ashore
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
129 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Meerkat's motivation, it turned out, was nothing more than the allure of the outside world. On later reflection, Stingray would see the same interest within himself. It had been tempered by the chaos of Swordfish's injury, the bear's attack on Sapphique, and their abrupt relocation to Moonspear, but it was the sense of discovery he shared with Meerkat that had brought him frequently to the pack borders when he was very young. His curiosity about the wider world had carried him from Moontide into the wilderness. It was surely what had called Vixen and Orca to depart at such young ages.

It would serve him well going down this path. His eyes drifted down to his baby siblings; would they grow up with the same wonder for what lay beyond their home? Would either of them inherit Njord's preference to be settled and still?

I met quite a few wolves out there, Stingray shared, having yet to clue in to Meerkat's exhaustion. He would not mention them by name. He could not speak of Ilaya or Salinger yet. He could hardly even reconcile the truth of that situation within himself.

I didnae always like the places. I didnae always like the people either. The pirates had been particularly rough for his tastes. But I always liked meeting them. Learning about their packs and their lives, and sharing some of mine. So I guess... I'm like you that way. I think I'd really like going to our ally packs and checking on them and bringing our news to them, and bringing theirs back.

Meerkat's wide yawn brought him back to the here and now. He ducked his head, feeling suddenly sheepish. Sorry, ma, you must be really tired. He scooted back a foot, slowly pulling himself up into a crouch. ::We can talk about it more later, maybe? Once you've had some rest.:
Messages In This Thread
but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - March 04, 2024, 01:35 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - March 04, 2024, 09:04 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - March 08, 2024, 03:34 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - March 08, 2024, 09:00 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - April 06, 2024, 10:23 PM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - April 08, 2024, 08:41 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - April 17, 2024, 10:39 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - April 18, 2024, 08:16 AM