Two Eyes Cenote Arsenic and Lace
Muat-riya
Mazoi
There is always unintended consequences
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
She stepped from the innards of the prison room. Her sea green gaze troubled and angry. But she swallowed it. Swallowed it whole and tearing as she did every other time her sister treated her so abysmally. Why was Tiye so mean? And why did her father let her treat her like that.

She never treated anyone cruelly if she could help it. Could she hold her own. Absolutely. Did she feel remorse for holding her own, hardly ever. But she also knew that she was built different. There was a different type of way to her.

She huffed and small paws ate up the ground as she patrolled around the palace. Eyes taking in the surrounding area. There was no denying, perhaps it was strange that the man Soto constantly came to Muat Rya, but he had never been cruel to her. He treated her kindly. Even spoke to her kindly.

She shifted unsure, but kept moving. Pushing all of it away for another day.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
29 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
He had found his way to a storeroom. There, Kiyya snuck a few things from it, scarfing down some of the finer cuts of meat before anyone could see. This had become easier lately and he had his sisters to thank for that.

There wasn't any expectation upon Kiyya to perform or to work, really, and with everyone's attention on Safiya lately, he felt something relax around his own antics. He wasn't keen to understand his sisters' warring, and was mostly oblivious to it.

In this instance, he had mostly eaten his way through a stock of leathery jerked meats, and he saw someone passing by. He hastily gulps the last of it - and almost chases the body, who turns out to be Safiya on patrol.

Wait up! He calls, leaping to action. He follows her at quite a gap. When she slows down he sees how agitated she is, and is careful on his approach.

Are you okay? Is it mazoi stuff? He was excited to see his sister in action!
Muat-riya
Mazoi
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Safiya knew that Kiyya  would be eating. Of all her siblings he was thus far the kindest to her. She wasn't certain what she had done tomake her brother and sister hate her. But hate her they did. 

She blinks and looks at him. Gives him a smile of her own accord. I guess sort of. Kheti and Tiye are mad at me for being Mazoi and Tiye is always mean. And I'm trying to learn and be nice and follow the rules, but it keeps biting me in the butt.

A tilt of her ear. And a sad expression. What am I doing wrong Kiyya?
Muat-riya
Mazoi
29 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
It didn't sound like mazoi stuff to Kiyya. It sounded like the same old family stuff, which was immediately less interesting to him. He listened because he was present, not because he wanted to know the details; but as Safiya went on and on, he found inside himself a childish empathy and soon, he was listening, and he was trying to be a brother about it.

Mazoi ain't nice, he points out, his tail wagging a little as he mentions his favorite thing in the world (second favorite actually, his most-favorite-thing-ever being his parents). They're big and scary and serious! Y'know? They wake up so early, they gotta be grumpy all the time. His tail was wagging even more. Although he sounded as if he were speaking ill of the profession Kiyya was actually adoring of the warriors; he thought they were so big and strong and tough, and he wanted to be like that one day (but instead he was just big, and for not-strong reasons).

Maybe you're too nice? Tiye would make a good mazoi, I bet. She's always playin' rough and talkin' big. His eyes went glassy as he stared off in to space, imagining both sisters as adults standing at-attention.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kiyya listened as he always did. Kiyya was not the same as them. But they were all different amd yet the same. All were intense in their beliefs and thoughts proof they were all related.

Safiya blinked. Why couldn't she be a Mazoi and mice? Right it wasn't like she could just turn that off. Granted we'll she could she had. Duty before life, but in her off hours she could be nice right?

Safiya snorted.And how would tiye react to getting blood on her pelt?
Muat-riya
Mazoi
29 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
He let out a little giggle at the idea of Tiye bloody, but not for the violence of it. She'd probably yell! Then run to 'ma for a bath. Their sister had a particular way about her, absolutely. Kiyya adored his entire family and enjoyed their differences.

How is your training? Kiyya didn't want to talk about blood anymore. He was much more interested in everything else in the life of a mazoi and he figured, if he could get Safiya talking about her lessons, he would learn more about his favorite subject while also distracting his sister from whatever bothered her. It was a win-win!

Although he wasn't sure what drama was unfolding between the sisters, it couldn't be all bad, right? They'd fight a while, then make up. That's what they always did.

Have you beaten up anybody yet? Or — or, has 'pa showed you anythin' cool?
Muat-riya
Mazoi
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Safiya felt a small smile Crack the anger on her face. It was impossible to be upset around Kiyya. He was just a ball of absolute light and delight.

Good. I am learning about terrains. Did you know baba said there is a place that is so cold the water burns you!

She stomped in place. I want to find it.

She shook her head. No but I did spar with Meseba.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
29 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
A place where the water could burn? Wow! Really?! He imagined such a place, and thought it must be like swimming in the sun. The sun could burn; he'd been to Tavina often enough after being outside for too long, himself.

The mention of Meseba, one of the larger of the mazoi that Kiyya had spied upon, made him positively burst with enthusiasm. YOU FOUGHT MESEBA AND YOU LIVED? He's huge Saf! WOW! Behind him his tail was a whirl, and the boy practically bounced around his sister with all the coltish energy he could not contain.

Being a mazoi sounds like so much funnnn. He drones, full of mirthful jealousy.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She nodded. papa says it's so cold it hurts. I have never known something that cold.

They had known nothing but the dry heat of the desert.

She nodded. It was only practixe. He won of course. But he is a good teacher. You should try and learn.

Safiya nodded. I can teach ya.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
29 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
Still, you got to fight a real beast of a mazoi. That's so cool, Saf! He wouldn't let her downplay the accomplishment. She was the first to take on bigger responsibilities and training, at least from among the kids, and Kiyya was steadily growing to idolize his sister's work as heartily as he did their father's.

Her offer to help with his training earned a grin. Really? Okay!

Kiyya was practically vibrating. I bet 'da will have us trainin' together when I become a mazoi. We could fight the adults together, yeah? Tag-team 'em!
Muat-riya
Mazoi
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Safiya felt another smile and shuffled her feet a little she had done good. But Tiye and Kheti had made her feel worthless and silly. That she jad done nothing worth noting. But she had worked hard for this.

Of course really. I help you. I hope you're even better than me.

She nodded. We'd be a dream team. Top tier.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
29 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
He thought Safiya looked better now. She was smiling more, at least. Maybe a little bashful. But she wasn't as agitated as when he'd first come across her, and that was good.

Are you okay now? Kiyya went on to ask, point-blank. He was genuine in his desire to know, and in his open-heartedness.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[

Safiya felt better. But she did love her siblings amd they brought her joy. But there was always an undcirrent of something at least with Kheti and Tiye especially Tiye.

I am. Thank you Kiyya.

Kiyya and her they both had big hearts. And she felt this was a plus, but was beginning to wonder if others thought the same.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
29 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
He was beaming.

Then, his belly groaned, demanding he attend to another cache even though he'd only just been stuffing his face with jerky.

Ah, I—um... bathroom. Bye! And with that he goes scampering hastily away again, the sound of his claws scrambling across the stone of the corridor echoing back to where Safiya patrols.