Nocturne Summit feel yourself flying
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
anyone welcome~!

Charon spent a lot of time near the Moonspear. He'd recently stayed at the Bay for a while, but it just didn't feel like it was enough anymore. He longed for greatness, and if anything, the Moonspear was a magnificent beast, a majestic mountain that seemed almost to pierce the sky. Even as he stood upon the shadowy summit alongside it, a shiver ran down the yearling's spine as he thought of his future pack and what a fantastic home the Moonspear would make. Nocturne Summit was entirely engulfed in shadows even during this time of day, around midday.

Dhole had pointed out this summit to him when they met her at the Moonspear, and he decided to check it out now. He had found no trace of the wolf Dhole sought, and hoped she was alright. While he understood why Dhole liked the mountain, particularly in summertime, he didn't think it would be a suitable home come winter. Shadows didn't usually attract prey, and the Moonspear's nature was more diverse than Nocturne Summit's.

The yearling's wounds were healing well, and his movements had gotten less stiff over the past week. Charon trotted neutrally along a trail that wound up the summit when he heard water streaming. He followed the sound until he reached a river that cut through the mountain. Charon looked into the water and considered fishing. He could use a bite and he wondered if the fish'd be different from the ones they had back home.
21 Posts
Ooc —
@Charon HEY HI Finally got this done sorry

She continued her adventure, exploring regions both high and low. From meeting the man with the scarred face to the traveling woman and the others in between, Catori had found herself curious about the many personalities in these lands. Sure, back home in her tribe, there were wolves of different personalities but she knew those wolves through and through; these, she did not and she wanted to learn everything she could about them. The thought that this might have been odd to others did not occur to the girl, especially not as she sought out the owner of the scent trail she was currently following. Being overly curious had not struck her as harmful or negative yer and she found joy in gathering her worldly education in this manner.

Up the summit, the silver-draped female found relief as the shadows covered her, hiding her from the sun's still warm rays. Winter was still a little ways off; part of her was excited for it while the rest was fearful. She had yet to experience snow. Her mother had told her about it, white fluff that fell from the sky, but it was something that she looked forward to in her journey. Her paw touched water and she gasped, yanking the extremity back as she was shocked by the cool temperature of the water. Frowning, she looked at the river for a moment, surprised that she she hadn't noticed it's presence before. She was more startled when she finally noticed the white male across from her, a strangled sound quickly morphing into a cough as she caught herself. So much for being able to breathe, right?

"... Hello." Well, this was awkward now.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
np thanks for joining :D

Just as Charon was about to step into the river and try to catch some fish — or at least study them, since they interested him not only as a fish-eater, but as a Naturalist too — when suddenly a female put her paw in the river and then yanked it back as though she hadn't even noticed it was there in the first place. Charon might've made fun of her when he was younger, but the yearling just grinned and lifted an eyebrow now, while the stranger greeted him with a self-conscious expression.

"Hey to you too," he said with the amused grin still on his face. "You found the water, I see." There was a playful tone in Charon's voice, though he didn't sound judgemental, just amused — age had at least taught him that much.
21 Posts
Ooc —
I figured it was about darn time we had a thread xD

His grin made her smile sheepishly, ears flickering back for a moment before she glanced down at the water again. "Well. It seems that way, doesn't it?" Shaking her paw off, she set it back on the ground and contemplated a thing or two before looking at him again. A pale wolf with speckles and scars, an amused light in his eyes at her expense. Ah well, that couldn't be helped now, could it?

"You apparently found it long before I did," She said with a mirrored smile, tail cutting the air gently a time or two. Her posing was neutral, her demeanor gentle. She was but a simple loner with an easy personality. "I'm Catori. Pleasure to meet you." She didn't mind that he had a laugh at her; surely, her expression had been funny and she would not begrudge him that. She should have been more attentive, that was all.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
too true, it was long overdue <3

Charon couldn't help but enjoy how awkward the female was behaving in the light of her silly mistake. She must have been daydreaming when she splashed right into the water, Charon thought. He loved jokes at others' expenses and thought it adorable in its own dorky way anyway that she was so embarrassed, so he wasn't entirely done making fun of her just yet.

"Yup, I sure did," he said with the amused grin still twitching at his lips. "I prefer finding things with my eyes, though. Less wet that way." She introduced herself as Catori then. The way she looked and her awkwardness over her mistake reminded him a bit of Saskia, and he felt a sad feeling tug at his gut as he thought of his lost thrall; not only because he'd lost his personal slave, but because he'd lost a member of his pack.

He didn't show this on the outside though, and just smiled and nodded as Catori shared her name. "I'm Charon. Soon-to-be Alpha of the giant mountain that puts this one in the shadows." He didn't say the words very boastingly, though he felt proud all the same and secretly hoped she'd be impressed. "You a part of anywhere?" She wasn't that he could smell of, but you never knew for sure.
21 Posts
Ooc —
I'm so sorry this took so long ;_;

While pleasant, Catori was not such a sensitive wolf. She could laugh at herself, even when it was with another wolf. "Using your eyes is certainly more reliable." She should have been watching her path but there was just something about today that brought thoughts and daydreams rolling in like a welcomed bout of rain. A lesson learned, of course, but perhaps it was just the way of things. It had led them to meeting in good spirits, hadn't it? So in some roundabout way, maybe it had been meant to happen. That was always a possibility, the Spirits guiding and leading her to where she needed to be.

His introduction made her smile, teeth peeking through the gap in her lips. "Well then congratulations, Charon." That was the second almost alpha she'd met recently and wondered if this land was one that simply lent itself to the support of many packs. It seemed plentiful enough. "I can't say I've seen such a grand mountain but I will have to keep an eye out for it now." Was she impressed? Absolutely. She was probably wasn't much older then him and he was already leading? Perhaps some wolves were simply cut out for it and that was the path they chose to walk down. Herself? She wasn't sure what she wanted, nor what she wanted to do.

"Of a tribe? No. I left mine to travel and experience what I could in the world." Staying cooped up in the confines of her birth tribe with the same wolves to talk to each and every day had started to drive her a little crazy, though now she often missed them. But she knew her future would not lead her back. Not just yet, anyway. "What made you choose a mountain?" To each their own, of course, but she wanted to know what drew him there.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
no problem <3

Charon couldn't help but grin broadly when Catori said that she couldn't say she had seen such a grand mountain. He glanced over his shoulder, where Moonspear's jagged peak stuck out far above them and seemed to pierce the sky. "I literally meant it puts this one in the shadow." The amused grin tugged at the corners of his lips. "It's that one over there." He looked back at her then as she mentioned leaving her 'tribe' (probably just some other word for 'pack') to experience the world.

Before he could think much more of it, Catori asked him why he picked a mountain. He wondered if she thought positively or negatively of mountains, but could not tell by the way she asked. "I grew up near the ocean, but I met someone who likes living on mountains. And when I first climbed up Moonspear and watched some of the views it offers I knew exactly why. It's like you're looking over the whole world." Charon did not know how far the whole world stretched, but it made him feel majestic, like king of the world, to stand atop one of Moonspear's many great locations to overview the Teekon Wilds.

"So you gonna travel some more, Catori, or maybe looking for someplace to settle for winter?" Charon looked at her, silently inviting her to ask for a spot in his pack. He didn't know why, but her awkwardness was alluring. Perhaps because he just enjoyed being around wolves that were weird and awkward, or because it made him feel even more confident. Perhaps because that part of her reminded him of Saskia, his lost thrall.