Moonspear Lonely and lost, but going fast
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Private 
Jace paced back and forth, back and forth. He wasn't sure what was going on lately, but there was a prickle of unease at the swift promotion of Floki. The youth was young, and there was nothing wrong with that, Jace himself had been young. However, so was this Charon and they knew nothing muc habout them other than what they had been told. He tucked his tail between his legs while he stood for a minute and then brought it back up. He renewed his pacing with a vigor, agitation clear in his steps.

Finally, steeling his resolve, he lifted his muzzle to the sky and called for @Amekaze. He did not wish to talk to the other leader, not right now. HE didn't know him well enough to have such a conversation, and he woudl rather tell the one he counted a friend, that he was going to leave for awhile than not.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
It seemed that Floki's promotion had stirred things up, or maybe just ruffled some feathers.. but Amekaze wasn't finding herself overly concerned. The ranks were full of capable candidates and it had sat vacant for far too long. She suspected it was mainly because none had expressed a true interest in the responsibility of it even when it had been ripe for the taking, practically unchallenged. It had just finally taken her and Charon both to just decide on electing one -- and so be that it was one who they'd need to guide into his fullest of strengths. He'd be learning and Amekaze trusted he could do it quickly.

A few had raised a weary voice to the announcement, and others hadn't joined at all. Of course she had noticed. She'd been listening carefully, curious to see what would happen. Evidently, this.

But if someone truly felt they were better suited to the job, she willed them to make this known with proof. Her eyes and ears were open.

Although, for now, her attentions diverted towards Jace's howl. She went to meet him without hesitation. When she saw him, she thought to sweep in close with a warmed greeting, but an uneasy energy kept her at bay. She eyed him warily with a silent question lingering heavily in the space between them. He had called, so she would let him set the pace.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was upset about Floki's promotion, but he wasn't sure entirely why. Some things he could puzzle out were not personal, but there were also personal issues clouding his thoughts and he disliked that. He preferred neutrality to emotion, but he was fast learning he was a passionate emotional wolf, incapable of full neutrality, even if he put on a good front. 

Jace wagged his tail and moved the rest of the way to give her the warm greeting she had wanted. A soft nudge to the shoulder a lick to the chin and a softly uttered, Hello Ame

He tilted his head and backed up, his ears falling back and then forward as he fought to voice his concerns. Finally, realizing that honesty was always the best policy with Ame he just pushed right into it. Ame I have some concerns about Floki, some are personal, some aren't. I am not contesting his role and I trust your judgement, but I can't help but ask if you are sure. We know nothing of these wolves other than what Charon has told us. And Floki is even younger than I was when I was given the beta position and I was not very good at it. When you are young you are foolish and rash, sometimes making all the right decisions for the wrong reasons and vice versa. But I will deal with it. I called you here to tell you or more so ask your permission to leave. I don't know how long, and I would not leave the wilds around here, but I just....I need to clear my head and find my purpose. I no longer have it. I couldn't go far, I couldn't leave you entirely, but I would like to just go for a brief time, perhaps just a swift jaunt on the coast.

He took a deep breath and looked down, laying his ears to his head and his tail against his leg limply. I know it's not the most ideal time to be leaving, with winter fast upon us, but I am restless and I don't trust the others yet. I'm sorry Ame I wish I could trust them as you do.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
He filled in her blank and she chuffed softly. The explanation came after. The subject, of no surprise whatsoever, was one she did want to hear about though. But that wasn't all. Jace did bring his surprises.

"I know, and realize," she began. He had valid concerns. "He is young. Very young.. and with a lot of room to grow, but trust me, if there were someone with experience I knew who did want the role, they would have had it already." She would rather have to carefully mind someone learning the ropes than try to force something they didn't want. Dash had not seemed like the leading type to her quite yet, considering his initial reluctance to the pack idea anyway. Jace had been there before but stepped back. Nishu was far too focused on a single goal in his knightly creed. Horcrux was only brand new, Tevinter too much of a wildcard to her still, and so that brought them to Floki. "It is just.. in a pack this large and full of flux, we have no reasons for vacancies like that. It is not like he has immense power here suddenly, nor does it have to be permanent if he begins to not work out. And I am glad you plan to deal with it," she said, taking it as a another testament of his loyalty to her. It was just a feeling she had that this wasn't a bad idea. Another leader only suited her purposes better.. and Floki had done nothing but stay on her good side from the start.

Anyway, she'd leaned back a bit to search his eyes to see how that might have been received. If anyone deserved the justification, it would be him. But she was already trying to wrap her head around his question -- the real meaning of this summons, apparently.

She squeezed shut her eyes and exhaled the growing tension in her body. A feeling of loss already pinched at her chest but she kept it measured for now. "Do not let me keep you here," she nipped lightly at the side of his nose before she spoke on, knowing that he had been struggling for a while now. In several ways, she probably subconsciously saw this coming. "Do you what you need to do, and if you think it will be in your best interests, then of course go wherever you think you have to go.. but just.. be safe." Ame looked at him sternly but stayed close. There was an undertone of unspoken worry, though. She had originally left her homeland under very similar pretenses -- the need to find purpose again. And, she'd never gone back.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace listened and flicked his ears and looked down. He had wanted it again, but not right this minute, so he had nothing to say on that subject. Frankly, he had chosen to step down for a number or reasons. And he hadn't stepped back for some of the same reasons, but one big one was Charon. Not that the boy was a bad leader or anything. But Jace didn't know him, so he couldn't be a right hand man to someone he didn't know nor trust yet. HE did not say anything else, just nodded his head at her words.

Jace snorted softly and gave her another nudge, more gently. Ame,I am a loyal wolf, it is almost a downfall in some cases. I will not stray far from where you are. You know that very well. Jace lifted his head and  looked around ears perked forward. I won't go far Ame, and I will check in if you like. I just didn't want to just go without telling you I was planning on going on a jaunt. He flicked an ear forward and one back, his tail stirring against his haunch. Her statement of be careful made him chuckle. I am always careful Ame. He knew that wasn't entirely true, the scars on his hide were testament to that, but he would try for her. Is there anything you want of me before I go?
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
A loyal wolf, indeed. She felt her eyes narrow and lips twitch towards the hint of a smirk. But she was still feeling surprisingly somber with all this to digest, so willed it aside and didn't remark with more than a nod and a slow sigh. "Good. Where do you think you will go?" she asked, curious. She'd want to know what he saw, if anything related to her interests.. so on and so forth. But, it didn't need said. He said he would check in and that was good enough, although she would stay uneasy about it given the season and the nature of his leave. She just told herself it was for his own good, and alpha or not, her place was not to tell him not to do it.

"You know I will have to hold you to that," she chuffed, although knew he was strong. He could survive. She just only hoped bad luck wouldn't find him. "Are you leaving right away..?" she asked after his last question. Her own ears fell back and she considered this silently.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Jace was loyal to a fault, in some ways it had lead him astray with Fox, with Ferdie. Jace considered her words and flicked his ears. Towards the coast, and then maybe back up the mountain. I don't want to go too far in case i am needed. And I also don't want to stray too near Fox or her group. I don't hold her any ill wlil so much anymore, but I also don't want to go looking for any trouble. I'd like to come back in one piece.

Jace smiled and laughed quietly. I know you will. Jace considered her question again and gave a slow nod. Yes I think I might. Unless I am needed. I have filled some caches with meager findings. Slim pickings in the winter, but I did the best that I could. Perhaps I'll bring some fish back.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She was decidedly torn and the feeling only grew. There was a certain measure of relief to be taken from knowing he already had something in mind and that he did not plan to go far. But she still wasn't able to shake the uneasiness that seemed to linger underneath it all.

She did nod. She'd like him to come back in one piece, too, and swallowed down the thought of something besides that happening. Over and over she'd remind herself. He'd be fine.. and then secondarily, she was somewhat frustrated for feeling so much over this. He'd be back and he wasn't going far. Ame was just used to him being where she could find him. "You will have to tell me if you find anything interesting," she said, sincere, with maybe a hint of mischief in her tone that suggested she just might go see it for herself it was worth it. After all, when she wasn't the one exploring, she was eager to gain what she could through the eyes of the one who was.

Acceptance was what she was left with and her tail swayed softly, relaying her interest in fish and so far into winter, too. She rumbled a thoughtful sound deep in her throat and pressed her muzzle against his cheek -- a gesture of her fondness, but she leveled an intense gaze right back at his that may have seemed a bit conflicted. She didn't want him to go on incomplete. "I do hope you find what you need out there." Ame murmured. She wanted him to find his peace, however he could do it. All she knew was that she had looked for it once too.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was a little torn himself, mostly because he didn't want to leave Amekaze to those he didn't know. He knew she could take care of herself, she was a good warrior, a good wolf. he couldn't help it though, Jace always took on the role of protector always had. a way to own his anger he supposed. Turn the dark ball of angry red into something good.

Jace didn't think anything would happen out there. And if it did he was pretty strong and he had the warrior training to back him. Jace smirked at her. I'll tell you all my stories. Perhaps i'll even add some flair just for you Ame. He grinned and dipped his head, his eyes flashing good naturedly at her. 

Jace returned her gentle nuzzle and smiled. I'll find it Ame you'll see. Maybe I have a purpose i just need a break. We shall see. he wagged his tail and dipped his head. With one last look and a small bow, he turned and trotted away, his tail held upwards swaying in the breeze. This time he'd find what he was looking for and maybe he'd find some friends along the way.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She was quiet, since she couldn't seem to find the right thing to say. Already she'd expressed herself to her greatest extent and Jace had what he needed -- her okay to go. This inevitably wound to a close, of course, not without him assuring her that he'd do what he had to. She stepped away from him, watchful, but knowing too. She'd trust him.

Ame chuffed her farewell and watched him go in silence.