Why does my character not fit the guidelines?
Savvy?
144 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
I've been having trouble getting my character Gypsy accepted, but she's been denied twice, I've checked the character Guidlines multiple times and I can't seem to find anything wrong with her acc, can someone point it out to me so I can fix it?
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Quote:Your character's appearance must be somewhat natural; as a rule of thumb, we permit coat colors that occur naturally in canines. This includes colors such as black, white, gray, blue, brown, tan, and red, and markings such as socks, saddles, and patches. Spots such as those that occur in dalmatians are not permitted, but stippling of a lighter or darker shade of the base coat is. Some brindling is okay, but stripes are not. If you are unsure if something is acceptable, ask the administration.

I wasn't the one to deny you, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it looks like that may be the culprit.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
(April 16, 2016, 11:00 AM)Fox Wrote:
Quote:Your character's appearance must be somewhat natural; as a rule of thumb, we permit coat colors that occur naturally in canines. This includes colors such as black, white, gray, blue, brown, tan, and red, and markings such as socks, saddles, and patches. Spots such as those that occur in dalmatians are not permitted, but stippling of a lighter or darker shade of the base coat is. Some brindling is okay, but stripes are not. If you are unsure if something is acceptable, ask the administration.

I wasn't the one to deny you, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it looks like that may be the culprit.

wolves can and do have dorsal stripes (as well as ventral)-- so maybe the rule should be clarified to "dorsal/ventral stripes" allowed, but vertical/horizontal stripes on limbs and flanks (transverse markings) are not. wolves, particularly agouti wolves, sometimes have dark dorsal markings from nose to tail -- it's why you see the standard agouti color with a dark upper (dorsal) and pale/white lower (ventral).
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
88 Posts
Ooc — Kris
IIRC the appearance field was not filled out.
Dorsal stripes are ok but tiger stripes etc are not.
I'll accept her now. :)

Please remember this next time you post in this forum:

Quote:Please make sure to be as specific and relevant as possible and include keywords in your thread title, e.g. try to avoid typing, "I have a quick question!" Instead, say something like, "Is there a minimum post count for trade/specialty threads?" This helps us avoid repeat question and makes the forum easier to search. Thanks!
Savvy?
144 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
@Ferret @Indra thank you both!