Silvertip Mountain Bones withered thin
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
All Welcome 
anyone is welcome!

The famine was coming to an end, but Reiko still had a hard time feeding herself. With the hunt for the smaller prey with Ezekiel and Anita had come and gone, she had found herself still hungry, if not hungrier than ever. She didn't regret giving the owl to the puppies, but with her bones now poking through even with the thick pelt gracing her flesh - Reiko was slowly withering away to nothing. 

With a final attempt to catch something, the young girl pounced on a gopher that was sitting out of its hole. Fat and round from the greens returning, it would be a great meal to feed her aching belly. She felt the flesh beneath her ebony claws, but lacking in any strength the thing slipped away back into its hole before she could sink her fangs into it. 

Finding a small patch of soft grass to lay, curling up on the lush greens she chose to rest for a bit. A chill running down her spine and forcing a shiver to shake her core.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The grass was green, the day was warm, and the herds were returning. He'd known for a while, now, but the news was still making his heart soar. He felt like howling out his joy, rolling around in dirt, and mostly like eating. The thought of a big, bloody anything was making him drool - the last thing he'd eaten had been a leftover bit of his otter - dried gristle on bone. It was time to go on a serious hunt.

He trotted off with purpose, ignoring - at first - the stark white rock that he'd never really noticed before. He was almost upon it when he realized that rocks shouldn't be shivering, and a second glance made him think - Hey. They shouldn't be fuzzy, either.

And then common sense returned, and he approached the stark shewolf with a twitching nose, determining rather quickly that it was not Nitta, but the other one, the one he hadn't really met yet. Rita? Pico? Pitta?

"Are you alright, miss?" he asked, approaching as loudly as he could. He didn't like the way she was coiled up - like a snake ready to strike. Something about this seemed very wrong to him.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
As sleep began to take her to a land far away, darkness crept within her eyes as stars appeared as though the heavens were meeting her. The sound of someone approaching and the scent went unnoticed. Even if she had heard or seen them coming, she had no energy to flee or to welcome them by standing. 

The voice took her out of a trans like state, rolling her eyes to see the individual as they approached. She took in their smell, they were of Silvertip - someone she hadn't seen yet, but knew was around at least. Hm... what was their name again? She couldn't recall, not one name crossed her mind. Oh yes. She smiled. Just a little tired, I'll be resting here for a bit. Are you? Alright I mean. The famine was over, but she couldn't help but wonder if this one too was as hungry as she. 

It was a poor time to lose the final bits of energy to hunt, when the prey were returning in blossom and one could only sit and watch as their fat bellies were filled with the leafy greens that were once stolen from them as the meats were stolen from her brothers and sisters with their departure. The famine is over, have you fed yet?
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He didn't really know what to think. This was not normal behavior, and if she wasn't physically sick, there was certainly something wrong with her head. Why didn't she stand when he approached? They didn't know each other - was she trusting enough to lie prone while a stranger approached? Grayday leaned down and sniffed at her, giving her flank a nervous nudge.

!!!

Again, his thoughts scattered. Weak - she smells very weak. "Have you?" he asked, a little aghast. He supposed being on his own had been a good thing, as he'd never been this hungry while the famine ran its course. "You haven't been taking care of yourself," he said, half scolding and half scared. Enough wolves had died on this mountain.

He reared back and cast his gaze around, ignoring the shewolf in favor of finding her a meal. Almost at once, he detected the movement of the very gopher she'd almost caught. Crouching down, he crept toward it with painstaking care. It seemed like days before he was close enough to strike, but when he did, he struck true.

Turning back, he trotted toward his weary packmate, dropping the gopher uncerimoniously on her head. He didn't care if she was a higher rank than he - he was afraid for her, and his fear often turned to anger, when given a proper target. "Eat," he said firmly.
What's Mine is Ours
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
With a nudge, the sensation was painful. It felt as though he had touched her bones themselves, and she whined softly at his touch. Coiling herself up a little tighter to protect herself from any more oncoming unpleasant sensations. Apparently not. She giggled softly, obviously not taking the whole situation as seriously as she should have. It wasn't as if death hadn't crossed her mind, more as though she had given up on fearing its reach and was soon welcoming its docile embrace. To await the grim reaper to come and guide her to the after life rather than run from him as far and fast as she could. 

He left and for a moment she was struck with grief, although she was weak and not too willing to talk to many individuals due to the lack of energy or enthusiasm to host. Still, she didn't want to be alone either - if death was to come, it would be soothing to have someone here t'ill the end. 

Just as thoughts rolled in her head over and over, faster than she could keep up with them - she heard him come back, and before seeing what he had with him, her tail bounced. Meekly, but there was movement to show how pleased she was with his return. All motion stopped however with the thump of a limp body hitting her head, she blinked; frightened at first, but that turned fast to a confusion. What on earth did he do?

Senses filled with a smell she hadn't sensed in a long, long time. Prey. And it was right there. Pushing herself up to sit, shoulders poking out as she rose, spine easily seen with a rolled back barely able to keep herself up while hips winged out from below. She turned her gaze to him. Will you join me? 

It was second nature to want to share a meal, especially one that was gifted. Despite his answer, she was quick to dig in - dirtying her alabaster muzzle in deep crimson. Although she was shy with Ezekiel to dirty herself when eating in front of him, that thought didn't cross the beauty this time as her belly roared for food. There was no time to sit here thinking about how she would look to others. With death just waiting for her to breath her final breath, it was time to be a little wild. 

Thank you.  She sighed, her belly still ached but it was a different pain. One of too much food - it wasn't accustomed to being full in a long long time. Since being banished from home, a loner's life proved hunger filled on its own without the help of the famine. I'm sorry this is how we first meet, I'm Reiko - and you? I'll be certain to remember this kind gesture.

It would take time before she gained weight again, but at least this would give her some strength to hunt again tomorrow and get better chances at success than today.
Healing (2/6)

Dazzle me, dazzle me, dazzle me with gold
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
The land was getting better for sure, shoots of green returning with the herds of large prey waiting to be caught. All seemed to be well in Anita's eyes, and it had put her in quite the good mood. The she-wolf was taking a stroll when she stumbled across Grayday, who seemed quite concerned. Anita walked a bit closer, seeing another wolf who was curled up in the grass. "Reiko?" Anita asked, lowering her head to get a closer look.

Indeed it was Reiko, and the she-wolf was not looking good at all. Besides her having a dead gopher on her face, she looked almost sickly. Bones stuck out against her skin, her whole body looking almost empty. Reiko had been blessed with a small frame, but it seemingly didn't help her through the famine. Anita was petite too, but not quite that small. She had been able to make it through the famine somewhat OK, despite her constant hunger.

Anita sighed with relief as Reiko started to eat Gray's catch. It was a kind move on his part to fetch one for her. The white she-wolf managed to sit up, but still looked very feeble. Anita walked over to her, eyes wide with worry. "Are you going to be OK?" she asked abruptly, regretting asking that question. It would only draw more attention to Reiko's state, and she was certain that's not what she wanted.
[Image: TBIERmG.gif](5/5) I, II, III, IV, V Incomplete
[Image: TAZ76Qd.gif](3/5) I, IIIII, IV, V Incomplete
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
His thundering heartbeat began to slow as she ate, clearly strong enough to rouse herself at the scent of food. That was a good sign - she could still eat. Perhaps she was not as starved as he'd first thought, or maybe she was just more resillient than she seemed. Whatever the case, he ignored her question, too relieved to voice his very poor opinion of the request. No, he would not join her. He was hungry, but not emaciated, not in danger, not yet weak.

A large part of him wanted to continue to scold her when she was finished, but he kindly refrained. Crisis averted, he became uncomfortably aware of how rude he'd been to the higher-ranked wolf.

"Grayday," he told her, when asked. "And I'm just glad I was around."

His head turned sharply at the sound of another's approach, but his tail gave a few weak wags when he saw that it was Anita. She was obviously worried about her packmate - and rightly so. How had things gotten this bad without anyone noticing? Perhaps, there was just nothing to be done, at the time. Things had been tough for everyone.

With a heavy sigh, he found a comfortable patch of ground and laid down near the white wolf, not planning to leave her alone anytime soon. He'd watch her until she got some meat over her bones, determined not to let this happen again.
What's Mine is Ours
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
After eating, the young she-wolf felt the urge to lay down. Gather as much fat as possible by remaining still and allowing the body to recover. Grayday was her hero's name today, It's a pleasure. she chimed before feeling the grass slowly caress her underside once more The feeling is mutual on that matter. she smiled again, trying her best to remain positive and cheerful despite the fatigue. Once on the ground she didn't have the need to get up again, only to raise her head meekly when a familiar voice called out to her. Oh, hello Anita! Along with Grayday, her own tail wagged again, greeting her previous hunting parter as she approached.  

The question toward her struck as odd, but fair. She nodded, masking any feeling of woe still lingering. Yes ma'am. Despite Anita being an Omega, just recently demoted as far as Reiko knew, the young alabaster woman still treated her like just any other packmate. The reasons why she was demoted were not known and it wasn't Reiko's place to ask. Anita was kind as far as she knew, and undeserving of such a title. 

Grayday decided to lay next to her, feeling comfort in his actions, she wiggled up a little closer to feel his warmth. laying on her side to allow her back to feel the most warmth from the grey male's presence. Are you enjoying the return of prey, Anita? I've been distracted as of late, any news on the others? She was worried for the state of the other members of the pack, if she was this bad, was anyone else suffering? Perhaps this is why she was in this state to begin with, always worrying about others first. From the look of Grayday and Anita, at least it was a good sign since they seemed healthy enough.
Healing (2/6)

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita dipped her head in greeting to the both of them. The she wolf was grateful for Reiko's response to her as an equal. Being an Omega wasn't too much of a burden, but it was nice to talk to someone as a friend. Anita would remember that for sure. She glanced at Reiko's thin frame, still a bit worried.

"I am glad that the prey is returning," she said in response to the alabaster female's question. "I'm sure the pack will fare well from it, and for the ones that need recovering, I'm sure that they will benefit."

"As for the others, I suppose they are doing well. I'm not sure on the status of everyone, but I haven't stumbled across anyone in bad condition, despite the ebbing hunger we are all facing," she explained, hoping her words would comfort the other she-wolf. Although she didn't say it aloud, Anita prayed that no one in the pack looked as bad as Reiko did. "Hopefully the blessing of prey will bring back your strength," she spoke, and she truly meant this.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday's whiskers twitched tellingly as Reiko scooted herself against him, a bit flustered by her nearness. Isn't it funny, he mused, trying to keep a straight face, that I disdained Ezekiel for his lack of tactile instinct just earlier this week? Another part of him found it silly that he should be so distracted by Reiko's presence when Niita and Anita had both been near enough to him, and had affected him the same as any wolf from his own pack.

Still, he was pleased by all of it. Phocion was good, Anita was kind, Niita was helpful, and Reiko was... soft, and sweet-smelling. His ears went back as his mind wandered back to the pack's beautiful beta, whom he had only met once, when arriving. He'd told himself after the encounter that he'd avoid the woman, determined as he was not to entangle himself with thoughts of romance - enduring their heats would be far easier if he knew them only as pack sisters.

He knew that he should keep up that habit, but he could not bring himself to move away from little Reiko in her frailness. He'd already promised himself to keep an eye on her. He would just have to do it from a far, after today. It was better for him to keep his distance from the pretty wolf, lest he fall for her completely and do something to put his good standing in jeopardy.

Worrying thusly, Grayday didn't pay much attention to his companions' conversation.
What's Mine is Ours
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
We dont need to drag this thread on  |D we can close it after this post if you both want or after another post! We can continue however if someone has a plot of sorts, I'm always open for anything~

Glacial eyes fell on the golden female with whom she had quickly called a friend. She was quiet while listening to the quick report, nothing formal, just sharing information. She smiled sweetly hearing that no one was obviously suffering, at least that it wasn't noticed by anyone just yet. I'm happy to hear such things. Lids half covered the almond pools of blue, the snowy dame yawned. I'm certain after a quick sleep my energy shall be replenished. I cannot remember the last time I slept on a full stomach. It feels nice. 

She began to think about perhaps she should go on a journey of recovering, to stay away from the pack before she places too much worry on any members and become more of a nuisance to the pack rather than help. large prey should be hunted in abundance soon, meaning that with shrunken bellies from the famine, leftovers should be a plenty for her to find and heal herself with. Regain some strength by traveling and chewing on gristle. 

Please don't worry for me Anita, it'll cripple you more than you think. With that she fell into a slumber, closing her eyes once more but this time death didn't loom over her body. Instead, she felt warm instead of cold, she could thank Grayday for that for laying so near.
Healing (2/6)

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Alright, fade after my post then? :>

It was good to see Reiko recovering, and she was relieved that the she-wolf would live to see another day. She had to hand it to Grayday, if he hadn't found Reiko, who knew what would have happened to her? Anita shivered at just the thought. The she-wolf's life was dependent on a stroke of mere luck. Anita hoped that nobody else--including herself--would ever be in that situation. With the herds returning, it shouldn't be as much of an issue, which was indeed a comforting thought.

"I hope you get a good rest," she spoke softly, glad for the white female's recovery. Anita grinned when Reiko told her not to worry about her wellbeing. "Well, of course I was worried," she said lightheartedly. "But if my worrying stresses you out, I'll kindly stop doing so," Anita added. She watched as Reiko fell asleep against Grayday, which was quite the heartfelt scene.

"I think I'm going to head out, I hope you recover well!" she said warmly, turning around to leave. Reiko was recovering and had Grayday to make sure if anything happened, so she found it fit to dismiss herself.