The Sentinels [MANDATORY] down to earth, keep on falling when i know it hurts
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Pack Activity 
MANDATORY PACK MEETING!! you don't have to participate in what aria is suggesting, but i need the pack to respond. this will go in rounds, anyone who doesn't respond will be penalized IC! first round ends July 29th. @Constantine @Lucani @Osprey @Renoir @Dante @Rowan Mayfair @Annabel @Eilidh @Deirdre @Sarah

Around the time she'd entered the pack, the pale princess had discovered a heap of boulders nearby her den. They were often a wonderful place to sunbath or hunt for small creatures that hid in their crevices-- but today it was the perfect place for meeting. The boulders were in a small clearing, and she sits patiently at the base of them as she hypes herself up to call to the others.

Finally, she does, and her bell-like voice rings through the territory, reaching out to her suboordinates and requesting their precense. She hopes they'll come quickly and will be open to her idea. 
You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
She has to go. It's the rules. Though Rowan felt an unease she couldn't shake - mostly at the outburst of her Alpha, that Lasher had promised her children - she still had to follow the rules. If she had any hopes of her children knowing their family Rowan had to be good, she had to behave. Still. The witch worried, and she was not a creature prone to such emotional overtures. Typically the cooler head prevailed, but in this pregnancy, her emotions swung wildly without hesitation. Her brow furrowed and Rowan turned from her den where she had been about to rest to guide herself towards the Alpha's call.

She was vaguely aware of the boulders and their formation, though the woman felt more comfortable within the treeline. She waited, realizing she was the first to approach with a dull horror. God. She couldn't stop stumbling into the woman apparently. Rowan gave a bow of her head, though her silver gaze did not lift from the ground. She sat herself down, tail curling protectively around her legs - and thus, her stomach - and waited for someone anyone else to appear. 
And I know that I can survive
I walked through fire to save my life

[Image: counselor.gif] 4/5,[Image: caretaker.gif] 1/5
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
These days a stoic but active creature, when she heard Aria's aria she sprang down from the tree trunk and moved to attend the meeting. Lucani's ears were tall and alert, but as she got closer to the Alpha Female those ears flattened and her strong body became lightly submissive. She regarded her to greet her, and noted that the girl was as beautiful as ever. Exquisite, alluring.

Withholding a sigh of admiration, Lucani sat among the gatherers, noting another white female she didn't know. Hello there, she greeted Rowan in her deep tones.
133 Posts
Ooc —
He arrives swiftly despite the slow gait he has assumed, and upon arrival the boy sees not one, but two pale and beautiful women milling about. At first he thinks he is dreaming, that perhaps they are both Deirdre, and his heart lurches within his chest. But one of them is heavier, and the other sits at the head of the gathering point with an expression of impatience. Neither being could possibly be his perfect one, his beloved, and the boy's spirits instantly drop again. He dips his head and smiles wanly as he passes the others, and settles among the boulders with his attention focused primarily upon the woman he assumed called for them - though he had not met her in all his days with Donnelaith, he knows her scent drapes the boundary of the forest and that she must be respected.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey had spent the day with her three cubs, doing a little lesson in hunting and digging up stuff in the morning and then playing games, until they were barely able to move. Therefore, when Aria's call demanded everyone's presence at the meeting place, the mother rather unwillingly woke up her kin from their brief nap and herded three yawning, wailing and otherwise very sleepy bodies to the alpha's den, which fortunately was not very far off. 

She greeted the young leader with a polite dip of her muzzle, nudged each kid to do the same (with various levels of success) and then lowered herself on her belly. There would be little to do for the children in the meeting, therefore no one would mind, if they chose to sleep next to their mother.
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre arrived promptly to the meeting, her tail waving behind her when she noted the figures there. rowan, who she seldom saw, looked the same to her--lovely--and aria at the helm looked quite pretty, herself. deirdre's eyes fell then to the handsome blonde man, renoir, and then held the dashing lucani. deirdre moved to greet aria with a gentle nudge, and nodded to her relative before smiling to renoir. she next approached osprey and greeted her with a fond nudge as well, before (making an attempt at) kissing the brows of her darling children. 

she moved to sit alongside lucani, her heart aflutter as she did so.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
Heck yeah!! Adventure!! was all that ran through little Terance's head as they walked. But, as it usually went, the more they walked, the sleepier he got. The boy lagged behind his mother until they arrived in a place with more wolves than he'd seen in... well... in ever! his eyes were wide with excitement for a handful of seconds before the small boy began to lean against his mothers leg with tiredness and-- soon after-- slip down to her heels fast asleep.

sarah and terance don't need to respond anymore if it isn't necessary! but aria will be adressing Osprey about them. (:
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Since her Papa died, Eilidh had distanced herself from the pack. She'd dived into her herb garden, searching high and low, far and wide, for herbs to refill the patch of earth destroyed by the swarm. Her journey had taken her away from the sentinels more often than not, and she had secreted herself and her pain far away from those she loved. Though she knew on some level that it wasn't the best idea, she rationalized her absences with her concern for their wellbeing. If she wasn't there moping about, then they would be free to live their lives without her grief in the way.

That morning when Aria called the pack together, Eilidh was ankle-deep in dirt, and came away without enthusiasm. She found her place beneath a tree of the clearing, her emerald eyes scanning the crowd, before she settled down on her belly in the shadows.
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Aria called to her pack mates – the swarthy Mayfair had spent quite a bit of time with her lately, which was ironic in the sense of how much he had disliked her upon re-entry to the pack. It was good to have another friend within the ranks – especially when otherwise, he spent his time with Eilidh (though not as such lately, given the distance she had placed with her family) and Deirdre. Before, he had shadowed Lasher.

But now it was time to find where he fit within the ranks of his home, and with the prey plentiful once more, and his injury mostly healed, the young wolf was eager to do so. As such, he arrived to the meeting as quickly as he could, and upon entering, cast a nod in the direction of the Alpha before seeking to settle by Eilidh, his fiery eyes cast upon her with quiet worry. Settling upon his haunches, Constantine tipped his muzzle to nudge his sister’s shoulder affectionately, though spoke nothing to unsettle her as they awaited the reason for being called.
all you have is your fire
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: I will post with her once anyway.

Though Sarah had met other pack members now and then, the number of wolves, who had gathered here, unsettled her a little. Therefore, while walking among them, she hid herself between her mother's legs and, once the older wolf lied down, she placed herself right next to her, resting her head on Osprey's nape and observing the crowd with wary eyes. 

Eventually tiredness took over, her eyes closed and soon she was fast asleep.
9 Posts
Ooc —
Annabel's ears perked as she heard Aria's howl. She had just joined Donnelaith, and was easing into the pack life. Annabel watched the other wolves of the pack make their way towards the Alpha. The cream colored wolf was smart enough to know that she should probably be silent, though the urge to talk to the other wolves was tempting. Being a lone wolf for so long had been hard on her, especially since wolves were social in nature. Annabel's olive green eyes flitted through the crowd, her tail twitching anxiously. 

The she-wolf considered distancing herself from the rest, mostly because she didn't know any of them. But that would probably draw more attention to herself than necessary. Annabel found herself amidst the crowd, and took a deep breath. She sat down, making herself as small as possible.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
I think that's everyone!! Next round ends the 6th. Feel free to break order, but only 1 post per round! <3 Terance and @Sarah are exempt unless they feel it's necessary.

The pale wolf watches as her wolves file in, holding her breath and giving each one a smile and a dip of her head. She was pleased to see Annabel there, glad the newest member had showed up. When everyone settles, she gives a quick glance at Constantine before she stands, letting out a breath and a bark to quiet everyone-- or at least draw their attentions. 

"Hello, Donnelaith," she says, her gaze sweeping over her gathered pack members. "As you all know, Donnelaith is a peaceful pack-- most of our members are Caregivers or an explorer of sorts," she says. She's included in this number, being both, but feels the need to point it out. "While I have no intention of becoming a hostile pack of any sort, I worry about our safety. How are we to keep our borders safe if we are not trained in self defense-- at the least?" She takes a breath, feeling shakey and uneasy. She'd never spoken in front of anyone before, especially this many, and never before had she proposed an idea to anyone. 

"While I don't expect anyone to participate if they don't want to, I would like wolves to train with one another in basic battle tactics and self defense," she gazes to Constantine, hoping she was correctly expressing his concerns. "Please, share your thoughts with me," she then says, relief flooding her body.
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
Aria had her utmost attention... for a variety of reasons. It was good to see Osprey and Constantine, and she might've purred at young Deirdre taking a seat at her side, but her eyes were all Aria's, and she listened with interest.

Her heart sunk a little at the idea. It was a smart idea, it showed strength and logic. Yes, it was the right thing to do. And yet Lucani could not shake off a thread of idealistic foolishness that Donnelaith was a pacifist's haven, somehow exempt from the aggressive ways of the world...

This is sensible, said the Medic, aware that Aria seemed nervous and keen to put her doubts at rest. A pacifist with brawn and speed is no less peaceful.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre listened, rapt. her attention truly did belong to aria, and she could not help but feel a cold thread of dread well within her as the woman spoke. each word weighed heavier and heavier upon her shoulders--for lucani's thoughts were hers, exactly, except that truly that was what donnelaith was meant for. if wolves wished to become warriors, this was not the place to do so. if warriors wished to reside here, they could do so and be who they were so long as they did not effuse violence into the benevolent stitches that made donnelaith what it was.

aria's doubts were just and understandable; deirdre watched her eyes turned to constantine, and stepped forward, a heavy breath coming from her. she heard lucani, and looked to her with warm eyes, but was utterly distraught.

our safety has never been in question before, she breathed. wolves were born and bred with the instinct to defend; they surely did not need to do any more than know the minimum which, inherently, they did. and battle of any sort... will never be the way of donnelaith, she spoke the name as her father had, and it came from her tongue in the way he reverently had. her heart hurt, it twisted, to think of what her father would feel on aria's words; they would have never come from his lips at all! she looked to constantine, to eilidh.

she sucked in a breath, and looked to the members of the pack. never have we been threatened by another pack, and this is because of our peaceful ways. a pacifist with brawn and speed, she hummed, glancing to lucani, is a pacifist built with each. you have brawn and speed both, and are peaceful. that, at its core, is what donnelaith is. all have the potential to glean battle tactics, and at this, she regarded all others again, but donnelaith's choice is nonviolence. it was no fools dream! for lasher had made it a reality! and now that he rest in his grave, would others work to see his deeds undone? not here, not at the very place he rests. leave this place, if you desire this of your wolves! if you would even suggest it of them! her heart was in her voice, her eyes, and she knew--as she felt a strong headwind rush over her--that her father was proud, and urged her on this path. her ears panned forward, her tongue pressed to the roof of her mouth. the dead are watching.  alas, the dead could do nothing--she was here to preserve what one of them had built, and she wondered if it was for naught.
You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
There was in her a fear when Aria started speaking - she thought there wasn't enough wolves capable of even basic self defense. Before Rowan could speak Lucani and Deirdre both expressed their concerns and Rowan felt her heart swell with pride over the young witch. The girl did not belong to Rowan, not in any sense that she could put proper words to, but all the same she felt the flourish of affection and a wish to draw the girl close and shower her with kisses. "I have never encountered a wolf who spoke ill of the pack or it's members." She said quietly. There was no fear in her voice, no wavering concern - she was so assured in what the pack was supposed to be. This was beyond herself and beyond her own issues. 

The pack that her children grew up in would not be the one that their father left behind. 

"Have there been threats against the pack?" She asked curiously - was it enough to warrant changing their ways? "Perhaps something we do not all know?" She asked. It would make sense for a change if there was an actual need but if this was just a move to change what Donnelaith was that would only be disappointing.
And I know that I can survive
I walked through fire to save my life

[Image: counselor.gif] 4/5,[Image: caretaker.gif] 1/5
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Aria began the meeting and the dark male noticed her nervousness -- it was within the shakiness of her breath as she exhaled, and Constantine tipped his muzzle slightly, realizing onyl then as to why she was so -- she broached the topic of battle and defense.

He had felt her case solid enough -- Donnelaith did not seek battle, nor invite it in their actions. He could not see any who wished to change the ways of their pack -- and yet it was Deirdre who spoke first, placing the idea as misgiving, as if to know simple battle tactics was inviting it to their doorstep, and his fiery eyes studied his child sister with slight concern. Next was a voice more unfamiliar to him -- Rowan. He lifted his eyes to her, taking her words and considering them. Lucani, thus far, was the only one who could see merit in the art of self defense.

"Deirdre was attacked outside of our lands a bit ago -- the kind act of a stranger became her savior as well. Had it not been for him.. Well.." He trailed off, a frown storming his brow then. "To learn simple defense manoeuvres does not invite war or violence to our doorstep. It simply allows our members to protect themselves should the need arise. I, personally, do not want to see any of you in a position where you are unable to defend yourself." He paused then, his gaze flitting to fall upon his sister. "But nor would I think it would be forced upon anyone to engage something they feel strongly against."
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Constantine settled near her, and the cream healer shifted toward him, returning his nudge with one of hers before she turned to listen to the conversation at hand. Eilidh's ear flicked once at her sister's outburst. She had more words than Eilidh could conjure and scrape together, and yet Eilidh agreed wholeheartedly with her sister's astute assessment. Donnelaith was a pack of peace; there had never been any threats against them that they were not prepared for. Her green gaze roamed over the crowd, wondering what they all thought. Lucani, Deirdre, and her brother spoke up, as well as Rowan. Eilidh had nothing to say, so simply watched the others, waiting to see what would become of their pack.
Trades
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey said nothing, because people voiced their opinions and partly theirs mirrored her own too. Living nicely and peacefully was preferrable, but you had to know, how to defend yourself. It surprised her a little though that Aria or any other of the young people at the top of the ranks would think that in their choice to be either explorers or healers (or story-weavers in her case) they would have forgotten the basic skill of self-defence. That streak was ingrained deep in every wolf's being no matter the age and even the most peaceful ones of theirs could become dangerous and violent, should they be met with danger. 

Deirdre's passionate speech made her smile sadly - if only the world was such a fair place the young girl imagined it to be. She waited until others had finished talking and then felt that she too was expected to say something - for herself and her mate, who was out and away hunting and could not be here. "At times of peace it is easy to talk about being non-violent and ignore the neccessity of battle tactics and skills," she regarded them all, though this part was meant more for Deirdre than the rest. "Yet history shows that there are people in this world, who don't share the same values and ideals and these people rather than respecting a pack's neutrality and peaceful ways would regard us as weak and would not hestitate to attack us or drive us out of our lands."

A moment of silence and then she went on. "While I think that sticking to the very ways and traditions that make Donnelaith the pack it is, that define us, I agree with Aria - it's better to learn to defend ourselves and pack as a whole, should need arise. Should there ever be people, who understand no other language than violence."
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
This round ends August 14th

When Lucani spoke, her spirits raised a great deal. She agreed-- she actually agreed with her. She was supportive and kind and raised no concerns about her idea, and a few of the butterflies that fluttered in her stomach seemed to calm. But then, as if Lucani was some sort of calm before the storm, disapproval crashed down around her. Deirdre was the first to speak, and she grew frustrated with the childs stupidity-- she could not even call it naiveness anymore. To think that the whole world would exempt you from war just for being peaceful was absolutely ignorant. "I do not speak of war, or creating an army," she said, trying her damnedest to calm her nerves, which spiked again as Rowan spoke. "Only basic self-defense." 

Rowan's words bothered her, as they seemed to imply that she was messing with something that the whole pack didn't know about-- like she was purposefully bringing down a war upon Donnelaith. Constantine backed her up though, reiterating what she thought she'd done a fine job explaining and telling Rowan of Deirdre's experiences. Aria nods, her breathing shallowed and uneasy as anxieties poked at her nerves still. She turns slightly, revealing more clearly a hole-ish scar on her shoulder. "There was a pack that bordered Donnelaith not too long ago. I went there with peaceful intentions to make an alliance with them and was kidnapped and tortured," she says, her voice cold and stern. "When Deirdre and Emaleth were still young pups there was an intruder who came with the intent on stealing and harming them. Into our pack, into our lands-- to harm." Her gaze falls around all of her wolves.

"I already said we will not force you to partake in any basic training. But all I want is for everyone to be safe and to be able to protect themselves properly." She looks to Osprey, thankful the elder had spoken up. Surely they would look to Donnelaith's eldest and wisest for guidance-- she has, after all, known Lasher the longest, and she did not seem against the idea. 
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
Most others spoke too, some with doubt, some with certainty, some teetering between the two. Lucani was saddened but mostly surprised to learn what some of the pack's youngest girls had been through, including Aria herself. She looked at her Alpha with a raised brow, then blinked down at sweet Deirdre. A surge of protective instinct went through her, and she felt more glad than ever for her brawn — though these days her hard muscle clung to sparse fat. She was a bony, rangy, towering creature. A warrior, yes, but more spider than bear.

In my travels I came across a word, she said after Aria had emphasised the crucial necessity of being strong as well as peaceful. A word to describe warriors who only fight if they need to — guardians who brawl only to protect, and who do so for the passionate reason of peace. That word is paladin. Perhaps that is what we could be, she proposed. Perhaps those who choose to learn and uphold the skills of self-defence could be referred to as Paladins of Donnelaith, to remind ourselves never to fight in anger or jealousy or for some other ungentle cause. Paladins fight only for peace.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh's ears flickered once as she remembered the painful aftermath of those intrusions. Of the way Deirdre couldn't look at their father for weeks, of the way Emaleth - gone now - skulked about the shadows. Eilidh recalled that their pack had defended themselves well enough against those who sought them harm, and wondered why Aria didn't seem to remember that at all. But it wasn't her place to make decisions for Donnelaith. She was not alpha, and although she carried alpha blood within her, she felt little desire to do anything, let alone lead a pack. So she simply listened, and waited, giving her full support behind her brother no matter the decision.
Trades
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre was not one for logistics; while perhaps there was wiseness in what aria meant to do, deirdre was blind to it herself as it went against what her father had built here. had he wished to train them, he would have--and had the plateau been such a pack, surely dante would have trained his subordinates, as well. she knew what her father wished for donnelaith, knew it because he spoke of donnelaith in the highlands to her as a cub. a land of peace, a land of unity, a land of song and dance and joy!

she looked aghast as aria continued to speak. deirdre was no fool, herself--one thing would lead to another, and to train in defense was to utilize offense, what other way was there?

constantine brought up her own incident, and deirdre looked toward him, wondering what he might say now. he used what she had endured as a means to this end, and deirdre's ears pricked in his direction. he put it more eloquently than aria had, put an explanation upon it, but it still did not bode well with her. she felt ill, and lifted her head some as she watched the man before her speak well. he supported this, she realized, dizzied by it. and truly, he had justified it; not to her, but to himself! deirdre battled with herself, battled as she heard her father speak in the heavy gale that roared in her ears.

self-defense. it is only self-defense.

osprey spoke, woman who was loved by her father, loved by her, and deirdre listened to her as she, too, fell into line with aria's words. osprey spoke to the heart of it, and deirdre nodded at her, though perhaps for not the reason that might be wished.

i understand, deirdre spoke, then, her head turning toward aria, then to constantine. know that i do. but osprey, as you have said, she said, her soft gaze falling upon her, that is not donnelaith. my father--he would not wish for this, and were he alive, i do not think you would utter these words, her eyes turned toward aria. it is my father who dreamt and sought to maintain donnelaith as a place for peace, and none of you thought he was a fool, then, so do not pretend that my notions are impossible or the stuff of imbecilic fantasy, she breathed, maintaining her own composure. she sensed the tension, the frustration, and though she wished to dispel it she equally felt the necessity of them understanding that the direction they were taking was not in line with their ideals. if you wish to do these things, do not do so under the name of donnelaith. do not do it upon my fathers grave. it was desecration, and heinous to her. she took a deep breath in, and was the very picture of serenity as she looked, now, to aria. my father--he loved you. loves you, still, despite all of this. he trusted you to beside him. no one could have anticipated his death, but he would not regret his decision to place you where he did. though if he were here today, he would not have this. she spoke steady and she spoke true, her attentions upon aria. she was young, yes, but she knew donnelaith and was the purity and the goodness he wished to come of this place. a dream, realized.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Osprey – Lucani – many of them spoke in reason – none desired to change the ways of their peaceful nature, seeking only to round skills that could one day very well enable one of their own to save their lives. Deirdre claimed to see this – but as she continued, it occurred to the dark wolf that not only did she truly understand that this changed nothing about them – but believed it to be a dishonor to their father.

Never in a world would he believe Lasher would deny his wolves the ability to protect themselves should the need arise – in truth, he believed firmly his father would do anything to protect his family.

The moment his sister insisted the acts as an act against their father – as she determined that it did not belong within Donnelaith, the Mayfair knew he would not be able to stay within the ranks if he saw his sister ascend. This was not the home he had remembered during the long days of his time in Tartok – and it became very clear to him in that moment that he did not belong within it. And so he fell to silence, his fiery eyes drifting to Aria in sorrow.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh sat up, listening with rapt attention to the words bantered about between her sister and Aria. Eilidh's green gaze roamed from the pair to her brother beside her. The look within him, the way he held his body, spoke of a need to distance himself from this. But what about it did he not like? The Mayfair healer nudged her shoulder against Constantine's, giving a soft whine to communicate her unease, before turning back to the others. Eilidh wasn't so sure she wanted to remain, but how could she leave her family's homeland? Leave her father's grave?
Trades
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
"Fine," Aria breathes, shoulders struggling to not shake in frustration. Finding nothing within her calm enough to speak again, the pale queen nods her head in a quick manner to dismiss the pack from her attention. There was nothing else to say, the child had won. The stubborn, naive child had won. She loved Deirdre like a younger sister, but there were days like this that she could hardly stand to look at her. In time, she'd return to her normal view of the girl, but for now it was clouded by jealousy and anger.

Without another word, the icy woman turns and leaves, her tail flicking behind her. That was enough trying for one day, maybe some other time she'd actually be able to do her job.

last post for me! sorry for the delay... meeting dismissed (: feel free to post again.