Stone Circle If I told you this was only going to hurt
GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Private 
@Remy or @Akuti :))

So far, Calloon's time at Easthollow had been nice. He had never dared to dream of a place quite like this - so peaceful and friendly. It seemed everyone here understood - even felt the pain of the curse he carried along and steadied him everywhere he went. His own family had never done that, but they had not known him as a mute. In their eyes; he was Calloon - a quick scout, always optimistic and with a desire to please. Here, he was Bud or Comla - or whatever they wanted to call him, and he would try his very best to tell them tales without words, silent whispers in the night.

That morning, the ghostly boy crawled out of the Stone Den his bud had led him to days ago. He was planning on hunting for them - for their young, mostly. He wanted to make sure he could stay here, that he was not dead weight on their kind shoulders. Then again, Hikinda had wanted him to join this pack. He was sure it was not only to be thrown out again. No - this part of his story would be weaved beautifully. His nimble form was carried by slender legs through the territory, free for all to approach.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Akuti wanted to meet each of her packmates, and if it weren't for the bountiful newcomers, she might've long succeeded. Rather, as she sat at her lavender patch, carefully nosing at the purple ladies, Akuti noticed another fresh face. Hello? she called out. She didn't want to approach and leave her lovelies behind, but it seemed like the perfect opportunity to make the other's acquaintance. I'm Akuti, she told him once she was close enough for each to hear the other. You are?

GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Before long, there came a voice and Calloon froze in place. He didn't recognize it - nor the small woman that came for him only moments after. He could not tell what she was, but he noticed that she was not quite a wolf - much like his other mute friend. Only, this woman was not mute - far from it. He visibly shrunk, ears draping over his skull that had become a sort of invisibility cloak for him. Yes, she had been friendly, but Calloon was pretty sceptic - even if he did not see himself as such.

He nodded gently in greeting, letting out a small "woof" to accompany. He did not say a word or move a muscle afterward - toes wiggling under the snow in both nervousness and excitement.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Oh, don't be scared! I won't hurt you, Akuti assured him, seeing the nervous posture he'd quickly adopted. She didn't mean to frighten him, and actually found it quite odd that anyone would think of her as anything more than cute. She formed a slight frown of discontent, but didn't push much on the matter. Besides, he could've easily just been taken aback by her quick approach. I don't think I could hurt you if I tried, actually. Akuti laughed lightly and examined his face for ny change in expression, for she hoped she'd someho managed to lighten the mood.

GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The female claimed that she would not hurt him, but Calloon was still not entirely sure. Usually, he was the enthusiastic one in these kind of situations but she had caught him off guard. He had not prepared for such a sudden conversation - albeit it one-sided. Still, he nodded, resuming his neutral position. His head, he kept low, and his tail never left the place between his two slender hindlegs. It was a slight sign of trust, but it would take a while before he felt comfortable going about his day with the chatter box by his side.

His ears lifted and dropped, finding the sudden joke to be quite humorous. A small smile appeared on his muzzle and a rumbling sound came from back in his throat - his laughter. He could not comment - could not tell her she liked the joke, and just stood there, although he was a bit more comfortable.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
You got some sort of problem? Akuti didn't mean to sound rude, and she hoped the silent boy didn't take her bluntness the wrong way. For a woman with such a small body, she sure didn't have the personality or the attitude to match. Why won't ya say anything? Am I boring? Akuti cocked her head in both curiousity and mock anger, though her friendly tail wag gave away the good intentions hidde behind the mannerisms. She wasn't sure how she felt about the awkward silence between the two, but she thought that Mute ought to have a darn good story to explain his condition.

GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Her comment sparked a burst of laughter again; indeed there was something wrong, but nothing with her. Well, he could not say that with full certainty, but physically there didn't seem much wrong. At her question, he shook his head in a "no". She was anything but boring to him. She was nice, caring and probably had a sweet spot for talking way too much. He let out a sigh, inching closer to her a bit before opening his mouth.

In the back of his throat lay the stump of a tongue - mutilated and abandoned by the biggest part of himself. Hopefully this would clear up any confusion. 
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Oh. If there was any confusion before Mute's show, it was surely cleared up after. Akuti's ears flicked back as she peered into his mouth, examining the stub which lay in the back. Woah. I've never seen one like that. Where she came from, there were wolves of all sorts, though the one's with injuries like Mute's were normally women who'd wronged their husbands. Akuti herself could've been one of those unlucky souls, though she'd escaped in time. She backed away and sat back on her haunches once again, before picking the conversation back up. I guess none of us are perfect, huh? I snore pretty loud, which I guess isn't as bad, but it's something, right? She cracked a friendly smile and allowed her nub to wag behind her, for it seemed as though she'd made a ne friend.

GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Her comment was not expected and it caused another barrel of laughter to spill from his throat - his instrument that would forever go unheard. As she retreated, he closed his mouth to look at her both embarrassed and proud. He was feeling a weird mix of emotions, as if this was his first time showing his curse to someone unknowing - unbelieving. The Wise Ones had wanted him to meet her, seeing that she gave a positive spin on things instead of pitying him. Only he was allowed to pity himself, and was glad she was taking a different route - a different story.

He nodded his head in a wise and quite sophisticated manner, agreeing with her on many levels.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
You know what Mute? You're pretty alright. Compared to initial hesitation she had in speaking with — or to? — the young male, she seemed to be really warming up to him. Of course, it took time for one to diminish their prejudices, but it seemed as though the future for the pair was shining fairly brightly. I'll catch you around. With a wink and a dash, Akuti was off, sashaying her way back to her den.

GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
He smiled brightly at her comment, pointing at her chest with his muzzle as a way of saying "you too". But, before they could converse communicate further, the female was off. She left a quite honoured and lonely man stranded in the nothing but Calloon was able to handle himself quite well. With a smile and a nod, he was off, too - going beyond the borders to bring back a snack for someone else later.