Ravensblood Forest Keep me caged, My downside locked away
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive squeezed her moony, jade eyes shut and relished in the sensation of his tongue upon her — the fae hadn’t realized it, but the downy fur of her cheek had become damp with tears and his rosy warmth washed the wetness away. Perhaps tears were so… normative nowadays that crying was not even worth her attention. Why did it have to be this way — why was this life so hard? Why couldn’t she return to her childhood, when everything was bright and light and good? Everything about her childhood had been so untainted, honest, clean and now everything was so… messy. Messy physically because her body was wasted, wounded…fecund. Messy emotionally because her soul felt so scattered and she was subjected to volatile, fleeting emotions [that she once considered underneath her]. Her anger, as delicate as it was, came all too often nowadays. Olive could handle physical mess, but Olive condemned spiritual mess with a passion. 

It was relieving to know that Dakarai would have done the same, if given a second chance. As he spoke, Olive did not let their corporeal connection break and instead pressed her face against the pulse point beneath his strong jawbone, moving her maw against his pillowy pelt. Tensions had been running so hot between the two mates, but maybe his ire and her guilt had begun to subside, giving way to the unending type of love that only Olive and Dakarai were able to conjure. 

Dakarai was selfless, which was one of the main reasons her love for him ran so deeply.  He knew he spoke the truth, because Dakarai had existed so long underneath Arturo’s thumb for her sake. Her dark knight had received few benefits and few honors for his support of Teaghlaigh, but Olive had received many. So he had been quiet and loved her and made the best of his situation… but when Ceannasach’s opinion of her and their babies turned, Dakarai felt unable to hold back. She loved this about him, but she did not want him to linger in such negativity.

“I know... but we are all wolves. We have taught to think of ourselves as westerners or easterners. Teaghlaigh or Blackfeather. Ceannasach or subordinate.”  She couldn’t help but drop some Olive wisdom during a time like this. Olive lifted a one of her front limbs and hooked it around his own, drawing him into her embrace.  “You, me, Arturo… We’re all the same. Arturo’s actions and words come from the same place as ours.”  Wasn’t this true, after all? Arturo had found his own love and was starting his own family, but the same as she. Their interests collided, yes, but they were family and would eventually figure out how to coexist — of this, she was sure. The family would be stronger for it, not weaker. “We all just want our families to be safe.” Olive said definitely. The woman let silence settled over them for a moment so that Dakarai could ruminate on her words before continuing. “It’s the definition of ‘family’ that differs between us and him.” But this did not change the fact that Arturo threatened the lives of their children and the pain in Dakarai’s voice reflected that worry. Rationalizing Arturo’s actions did not change that they were in danger. “Wh- what are you suggesting?” Olive questioned him.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 20, 2017, 03:58 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - February 21, 2017, 11:28 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 22, 2017, 04:36 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - February 23, 2017, 06:40 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 23, 2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - February 24, 2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 24, 2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - February 24, 2017, 10:36 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 24, 2017, 11:02 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - February 26, 2017, 10:40 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 27, 2017, 10:18 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - March 01, 2017, 12:58 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - March 01, 2017, 04:10 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - March 02, 2017, 01:32 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - March 02, 2017, 08:18 PM