Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,597 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
All Welcome 
A few nights before, Raven had started teaching Phox about something called the Zodiac. It had to do with the constellations that Sassafras had first introduced him to a month or two ago. From what he had pieced together, there were twelve really important constellations that somehow tied into the moon and the sun. He didn't quite grasp all of it, but he was getting there. He would ask Raven every night about the zodiacs and what they meant. Each night, she would give him another little snippet or story about them.

He understood, currently, that it was the time of the Moose (known to us readers as Taurus). There was something about the way Raven spoke of these constellations that made him feel they were Proper Nouns. He was looking at the constellation right now, and he let out a heavy sigh, wondering what it all meant. It all seemed connected to everything around them.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian couldn't sleep. He had a lot on his mind. What was most important to him was to find Mato and tell him that his family lived at Redhawk now. Yet, to find him, he would go against his promise he made to Elwood. He wanted to be of help to the pack and if he was gone searching for his son that wouldn't be helping out the Redhawk wolves. The male also hoped that his family would settle in well.

Alas, he couldn't get those answers right away. Sebastian strolled through the night. He was surprised how well he still remembered the territory. It all came back to him from the time he lived here before. The midnight stroll was doing him well. The male was taken from his thought by a fresh scent right ahead of him. He squinted his eyes to see a darker shape ahead. The burly male let out a soft chuff to signal he was there, before moving in closer.

The wolf before him seemed to be one of the youngers but he didn't know who's young it was. Was he from Elwood and Finley? Yet, that wouldn't make sense seeing that Finley was in heat? He decided he would probably find out eventually. "A stargazer, I see," he spoke in a friendly tone. "Hello. I'm Sebastian," he introduced.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,597 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
He bristled when an unfamiliar adult approached him, but once he realized this was just another one of the "Fen wolves" as Raven had called them, he relaxed. According to all the adults he knew and trusted, these wolves could be trusted, too. Towhee didn't seem to think so, but Phox knew she was going to have a harder time getting along with them. They didn't even speak her language like the rest of the Redhawk wolves did.

"Uh-huh," he replied, then realized he was probably supposed to give his name, too. "I'm Phox." He knew now that he had been named after his mother, and he was happy that he at least had that to remember her by... not that he remembered her. He only knew what his guardians had told him. She had been small, fierce, and very, very driven. In fact, it seemed like Towhee had gotten all her traits.

"You know about the Zodiac? Raven's been teachin' me."
player preferences
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian hoped that he didn't scare the boy too much. Luckily, he seemed to relax more. At least that seemed to be the case in Sebastian's opinion. "Nice to meet you, Phox," he returned. He licked his lips at the question. "I fear I do not know about the Zodiac. However, my daughter Odette does. She came with us here," Sebastian explained to the dark colored youngster. "Perhaps you can talk with her?," he added.

Sebastian felt a bit like a let the boy down. He had knowledge in other departments like healing and fishing. Sebastian doubted that the other would be interested in that sort of thing. "The only thing that I do know, or what my mother told me when I was a pup myself. When a wolf dies they go to the stars and they will watch over you from the sky," he spoke as he looked up. Perhaps, it was just a childhood story but secretly the male still believed it. He found it to be a soothing story to believe in.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,597 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox was a little disappointed when he learned that Sebastian didn't know anything about the Zodiac. That was the thing he had fixated on recently, and anything else just seemed boring and/or dumb. However, it was suggested that he should meet Odette, Sebastian's daughter, and talk to her about it. To this, Phox wagged his tail and grinned, happy that this new pack member actually seemed to be helpful and nice. Why was Towhee so scared of them, anyway?

Sebastian talked about how dead wolves were up in the stars (or something like that), and Phox looked up at them in a new light—pun intended. "Does that mean my mom and dad are up there?" Phox asked. And what about his other siblings who had died? Did they get to go, or were they too little to get up there?
player preferences
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's mouth opened when Phox spoke about his parents being dead. So, that would mean that he wasn't from Finley and Elwood. They were very much alive. It would imply that Fox and Peregrine dead. Fox and Peregrine had passed away? He almost couldn't believe it. He felt like those two would grow old together, very old. He had noticed their absence. But maybe this pup was from someone else? Maybe, Fox and Peregrine weren't dead. The gray male cleared his throat. "I believe so," he spoke and offered him a compassionate smile. He wasn't going to believe it until he had names.

"My mother is also up there in the stars. It helped me a lot believing that she was one of those stars watching over me," he spoke to the youngster. "I'm sorry that you lost your parents though," he stated then. He glanced to the side at the dark colored pup. "I know I am just a stranger for you but if you need help with anything you can always call on me for help. I'm your packmate now," he offered. "I'm not a complete stranger though. I lived in this pack before you were born. Before Elwood and Finley had Eljay!" That sounded like a long time ago but the Caldera still felt like home.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,597 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox wasn't exactly sure how they could get up to the stars since Raven had told him that they were buried in the ground (and she had shown him where they apparently still were). Maybe once they got into the ground, it transported them there... or something. In any case, it was comforting to know that they could see him. Hopefully they would be proud of him, or at least approve of him in some way. It kind of sucked that he'd never really get to talk to them, at least not directly.

"What about your dad?" Phox wanted to ask. Considering he only knew of two sets of parents: Finley/Elwood and Fox/Peregrine, he figured they only ever came and went in pairs. But Sebastian's other comments prompted another question entirely: "Did you know my parents? What were they like?" His guardians had told him a lot about Peregrine and Fox, but he wanted to know what Seb thought of them, too. Besides, he couldn't get enough stories about these mysterious figures he'd never really know.
player preferences
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian slowly nodded when the other asked about his parents. He could only imagine how much the pup would question how their parents were like. Especially if you don't know them it could lead to some identity crisis. "Yes," he confirmed to the other. This also meant that he basically had a confirmation that Fox and Peregrine were deceased. He wondered what happened. Did they go separately or together?

"Well, they were quite the couple. Your mother was quite strict but once she liked you she was more lenient. She was a real fighter and no one would mess with her. I liked her. Your father was kind of a father figure for me too. I didn't have a great relationship with my own father. Once I joined, Peregrine kind of became a father to me," he explained. "A good guy. They were good leaders. I can only be positive about them," he spoke to the boy.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,597 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox listened intently as Sebastian described his parents. His mother and Towhee sounded so much alike! Peregrine sounded like a good guy, too, and Phox hoped that he would grow up to be just as well-liked as both of his parents. Redhawk fame was real, and even though he never got to meet them, he was really happy that he kept meeting more wolves who knew them and only had good things to say. They were certainly on a pedestal to him, and it was unlikely that they'd ever come down.

"Who's your daughter's mom?" Phox asked. As far as he was aware, parents always came in pairs. Finley and Elwood, Fox and Peregrine, but who was Sebastian's other half? Of course that got Phox thinking about who his other half would be, and he came to one and only conclusion: Towhee.
player preferences
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian expected the questions to continue about the boy's parents but that didn't seem to be the case. Sebastian was glad that the boy seemed smitten with Sebastian's answers. Perhaps, that was why he asked another question. "My daughter's mother? Oh- My mate, you mean? I am mated to Pearl. She is the white female that came with us," he spoke proudly.

"If you would like some more friends maybe you can find one of my children too. They are called Odette, Benjamin, Nova and Ivy," he spoke. Perhaps it was more of a selfish suggestion as he felt like his children could use some friends themselves? Odette was a bit older than the others but maybe these two could bond over the stars and all that.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,597 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
None of the names rung a bell, but it was good to have them mentioned. Phox figured he would end up running into them sooner or later. In fact, he would be running into Benjamin quite literally. He did, however, think it was odd that Sebastian thought he needed more friends. Weren't Towhee and Orca enough?

"How many friends should I have?" he asked, his tone curious, rather than accusatory. If two wasn't enough, maybe he should try and get more. Did family count as friends? When was it ok to call somebody his friend? This seemed like a big, complicated question.
player preferences
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian chuckled lightly because of the other's question. The male swayed his tail gently. "As many as you like or a comfortable with," he explained. "I didn't mean to tell you that you have to be friends with them," he added. He just had the feeling it would be good for his children to make a few extra connections and perhaps make some friends in the process.

The grey male slowly got to his feet. It was late, and even though he couldn't sleep it wouldn't be nice of him to let Pearl all alone. He just wanted a short walk. Perhaps it was time for him to return to his mate. They grey male have the other a friendly smile. "I think I will return to my mate now. But thank you for talking to me. You remind me of your parents," he smiled. Hopefully, that would do the boy well.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,597 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Thanks for the thread! :D

"Oh, okay," Phox replied with a shrug. He didn't have any aversion to being friends with the other pups who had come to live with them (very much unlike his sister).

Sebastian made his exit, and Phox got to his feet to see him off. "Ok, bye-bye!" he said, wagging his tail. He watched as Sebastian departed, again wondering why Towhee seemed so unwelcoming to the new folks. Maybe she would learn to like them once she got to know them. If she got to know them.
player preferences