NPC
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
All Welcome 
After staying at the lake for a little bit it was time to move on. Eljay had no idea where he was going still and he enjoyed nothing of his travels through these lands. There was a sad frown on his face as he walked into the berry meadow. Halfway through the meadow Eljay found a small hill that he could stand on so that he could overlook the lands and see where he might be headed.

In the distance he saw mountains, and on his other side there were mountains too. There were some forests left and right too, though Eljay could make little of them from this distance. He saw a lump of rock that he thought might be the Caldera — or was it? He didn't even really remember his route now; had no idea in what direction the Caldera even lay.

With a heavy heart Eljay sat down on the hill and looked at the berry bushes around him. He noted the colourful berries on their branches, but Eljay wasn't too sure these were edible and he didn't want to try, even though his stomach was churning. He hadn't eaten since fishing at the lake.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Nonstop traveling had been slowly picking away at the young man. Dull gray eyes were heavy and emotionless. Dirty, unkept fur clung to his body and his ribs were slightly visable. His legs felt as though they would collapse at any moment and screamed for him to take a break. Yet he kept on.
Voices told him to keep going. Keep going or something awful would catch him. Back then, he would fight back his demons, but now taking their orders was a way of life. They were his only company and their words guided his every action.
His paws had taken him to the meadow inhabited by brighty colored berries. Eyes lit up upon seeing the food surrounding him at every angle and his mouth watered ever so slightly. But alas he knew it would be for the best to resist
the temptation, for they may be poisonous.
Instead Leo decided to take his mind off them and get lost in his own thoughts. He hummed quietly, eyes slightly closed. His movement had slowed as he let his surroundings take over.
However, when the young male spotted another wolf before him his ease slipped away and his usual anxiety came washing back.
Leo neared the male slowly. His body had automatically took a submisive stance.
"Hello?" he called out in a somewhat fearful tone.
”the voices”
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
This time, Eljay was more alert and he noticed the other wolf coming a while away. He felt naturally afraid, having met a variety of friendly strangers before now but still feeling like he might not be so lucky next time. The hunger didn't make his mood much better and so he stared at the wolf all the way as it approached. His tail was tucked and he licked his lips nervously, but when the wolf came closer Eljay saw that he too had a submissive posture which made Eljay feel a bit more relaxed and a little less afraid, as it probably meant he wasn't going to be attacked.

"H-hi," Eljay called out hesitantly and he took a careful step forward, his body slinking into a more neutral position on seeing the other wolf's submission. "Uhm..." he hummed insecurely as they stood there, not really sure what else to say to the stranger. Meeting strangers was a lot harder than he'd thought; it had been unnerving in Redhawk Caldera, but at least he'd managed at all there.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —

The man before him seemed as fearful as he was, which put the ghost at somewhat ease. It was better this way than a hostile encounter. A soft, almost inaudible sigh of relief passed through his maw.
Leo rose, feeling a bit more safe than before, yet his muscles were still tense.
He cleared his throat, only than realizing how long it has been since he had used his voice. Too long, way too long. It felt like years.
"I'm..Leo," he spoke. Perhaps it wasn't the brightest idea to give out his name so soon, but what had he got to loose?
His head slowly spun around, again examining the bushes around him. It was as though he was searching for a conversation within those berries. Leo hadn't been with another wolf in awhile and his last encounter with one wasn't on good terms. His ability to speak had gone from bad to worse.
"I haven't been to a place like this in awhile," he sighed, "It's nice enough."
Leo looked out onto the sea of bushes for a moment longer before turning back to the other wolf. "I wish I had some expertise with berries. I'd be munching on them right now if I knew they weren't poisonous," he chuckled, "I'd eat anything at this point."
His words had surprisingly slipped out with ease. The sound of his own voice bought him some happiness.
”the voices”
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay felt super awkward, and he was really grateful that the other wolf said something first. He introduced himself as Leo and Eljay smiled bashfully. "I'm Eljay," he said, his voice uncertain and soft but the smile on his face indication enough that he was happy enough that the ice was broken.

Leo then went on to speak about this place like he had been here before. Eljay looked around, feeling like he much shared Leo's sentiment, and nodded. "Sorry, I dunno which ones are good to eat either..." And he felt he could eat anything too, hungry and alone. "Did you grow up here..?" he then asked, referencing Leo's mention of being in these fields before, and feeling like he'd met an awful many wolves who hadn't grown up here so his luck was sure to turn soon, right?
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
It was a tad bit disappointing that neither knew whether or not the fruit was safe to eat. Looks like they weren't on the menu sadly. The ghost would have to try his luck with hunting or possibly scavenging later on.
Leo shook his head. "I didn't, but i have passed through awhile ago." It felt like ages now. Back when he was still with his real mother, father, and siblings. Just before his life got turned upside down. It was a simpler time.
"I could never really settle in one place as a kid," he added with a sigh. A part of him wished he could've stayed in one place. Maybe life would've been easier. Than again he would've never met all the wolves he called family.
"But I've spent most of my life living in the mountains," he continued, "In a pack called Ryūjin, but I don't know if it still exsists." He frowned at the possibility, but it was quickly replaced with a smile.
"So, where do you come from?" he questioned, "If you don't mind me asking."
”the voices”
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay listened to the boy's story. It sounded like he had had quite the life, and Eljay frowned sympathetically at his story. Of how he'd never stayed in one place long as a child, of how he'd once been a part of a pack that he didn't know even still existed. Eljay thought back to the Caldera and wondered if years from now, he'd be stumbling around and would speak the same of his home. He sure didn't really remember the route he had taken so far, and though he thought he could still see the Caldera in the distance, he knew soon he'd no longer be able to see it, and it'd be gone forever.

"That sounds tough," Eljay said with a sad frown. "I mean, to not really have... a home, I guess."

At the question, he was quick to answer; "I grew up in Redhawk Caldera. It's a really nice place." Eljay smiled softly at the thought of home, but he knew he couldn't just return. He needed to get better or leave forever. "If you're looking for a home, maybe they're recruiting. It's — I lived there for, uhm, about two years." Up until very recently, he grimly thought. "The wolves're really nice, too." The only problem was that he wasn't too sure what direction the Caldera lay in now, and Eljay wasn't too sure what direction to point Leo in, should he wish to try his luck at the Caldera.

"I should... head out. Good luck." Eljay smiled softly, genuinely wishing the boy the best. Maybe he'd find a happy home in Redhawk Caldera, or elsewhere.