Moonspear i lie perfectly still
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Rannoch, she repeated to herself mentally, and then outloud. ”Rannoch.” Satisfied that she had committed his name to memory, Farrah gave a distinct bob of her head. Farrah took several slinking steps towards him, past the yawning mouth of den, in order to better hear him.

Farrah shrugged her shoulders at his next question, not particularly fond of thinking about her history here at Moonspear — but, she had to admit, her time with these wolves was becoming lengthy. “It doesn’t feel that way, but I supposed so,” the shrouded fae admitted, counting the months in her head. Six. Six months, already? It was now fall, and soon it would be winter, and the cycle would start all over again, and then again the next year. Perhaps this was the place she was destined to spend the rest of her days, however many they may be.

It was at a moment like this that she might have mentioned her mate, who had once been well known around these parts — or her children, whom Rannoch certainly would have run into by now — but they were neither here nor there, not needing to be introduced. Their scents no longer mingled and clung to her fur. Their names never touched the lips of any Moonspear wolf. To any one other than Farrah, they might as well have… not existed.

That thought never sat well with Farrah, but what was she to do? Live in the past, afraid to ever move forward? If Dakarai had wanted to be here, he would have been. If Sirius felt loyalty to his Svartell blood, he would have come to her. If Aries wished to stay home with his mother, then he would have. If Cassiopeia had loved her at all, she would have never left. These were the painful conclusions that Farrah had to come to, in order to move on. Painful, yet necessary — and not yet proven wrong.

“I should have introduced myself by now,” she continued, jade gaze held soft. There really was no excuse for it, so she wasn’t going to try. “Have you settled in nicely?” she inquired, eyeing Rannoch’s wounded throat and marveling at the inanity of her question.  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i lie perfectly still - by Olive - September 19, 2017, 10:41 PM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 26, 2017, 11:12 AM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Olive - October 03, 2017, 11:57 AM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Rannoch’s Ghost - October 08, 2017, 10:37 AM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Olive - October 08, 2017, 01:08 PM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Rannoch’s Ghost - October 08, 2017, 01:55 PM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Olive - October 08, 2017, 03:02 PM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Rannoch’s Ghost - October 08, 2017, 04:39 PM