Bramblepoint Failure to Finding Joy
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
Drogon glimpses at the fruit with thinly veiled disdain as Howl makes the suggestion that the tundrian should try it. Perhaps if he saw himself as a omnivore but Drogon’s never had any real desire to eat anything other than meat — likely because his first time out of the den he’d eaten grass and spit it back out realizing that it did not taste nearly as good as it had looked ( apparently his first instinct as a toddler had been to eat everything ). “That’s ok,” Drogon refused with a grimance. “I’ll leave the fruit eating to you.” The leijona offers his acquaintance a small, beguiling smile as he drinks in Howl’s scent once more as the man mentions that he’s no longer part of his pack. Drogon notes what he’s missed the first time too focused upon the lack of pack scent: that Howl’s coat is mingled with the scent of females almost solely. “Why do you smell of females?” The tundrian cannot help his natural inclination to collect information ( and unfortunately for Howl the lion of the Wilds is too naïve, too young yet to realize what happens during certain interactions between males and females ).

“We are a strange balance you and I,” Drogon observes with an amused snort. “I didn’t expect to join a pack but there’s this girl and she recruited me.” They shared a common goal and Drogon had instantly been charmed but he does not speak these things to Howl. They weren’t on that level of ‘get to know me’ yet though little does the tundrian know that it’s very likely his older, more experienced companion can piece together why Drogon had followed her without hesitation. “I’m surprised to learn you left your pack,” Drogon remarks now, seeking to shift the conversation off of himself. “You seemed devoted when we first met.” Devoted enough to venture out in search of recruits: a loyalty that the tundrian did not think could be bought. Howl does not have to tell him and Drogon will not pry if he's shut down but he initiates the potential conversation gently, erring to a side of reserved caution in case Howl does not wish to speak of it.

It is almost uncharacteristically considerate of the Ansbjørn but it's one of the things that the soturi works on learning that he cannot go about his life being an ass to everyone all the time.
Messages In This Thread
Failure to Finding Joy - by Howl - October 09, 2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Failure to Finding Joy - by RIP Wintersbane - October 10, 2017, 04:11 AM
RE: Failure to Finding Joy - by Howl - October 15, 2017, 11:04 PM
RE: Failure to Finding Joy - by RIP Wintersbane - October 20, 2017, 03:29 AM
RE: Failure to Finding Joy - by Howl - October 23, 2017, 10:55 AM
RE: Failure to Finding Joy - by RIP Wintersbane - October 24, 2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Failure to Finding Joy - by Howl - October 29, 2017, 10:55 PM
RE: Failure to Finding Joy - by RIP Wintersbane - November 01, 2017, 03:17 AM
RE: Failure to Finding Joy - by Howl - November 04, 2017, 10:34 PM
RE: Failure to Finding Joy - by RIP Wintersbane - November 06, 2017, 04:54 AM
RE: Failure to Finding Joy - by Howl - November 09, 2017, 10:27 PM