Stone Circle If I never knew you
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She received a nod, but to Nanook, the small gesture counted stronger than any words Steph could have given. The child's hurt stung the Apaata, and she wrestled with the want to reach out to her in some way beyond her conflicted offer of silence. But was there anything she could do to comfort her niece, or would her actions just make things worse?

Nanook bent to offer Steph a gentle nudge of her nose against her cheek and received her lick in turn. But when she drew back, she did so with the turn of a troubled gaze upon her retreating niece. Surely there was something she could do - something she could try, even if that was all her efforts amounted to. What would Desna want her to do? The thought brought up very few ideas she thought she could pull off, and Nanook wondered - what would she have wanted Scarlett to do for her when her anger and disappointment burned hot?

Nanook bit her lip and stood stagnant, though her body tilted and quivered as if ready to fall into motion. "Do you mind if I walk with you?" she said, tentative and fishing for what she hoped were appropriate words. While she wished to give Steph the space she needed, the Apaata didn't want to assume a thing, and leave her niece in the midst of her hurt, either, and she took a step forward to draw alongside the dark girl. Whether she'd be turned away, or if they'd simply walk together in silence, anything was better than not trying at all. And sometimes, a silent shoulder was a better thing than any words could offer.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
If I never knew you - by Steph - December 09, 2017, 10:20 AM
RE: If I never knew you - by Nanook - December 20, 2017, 09:31 AM
RE: If I never knew you - by Steph - December 20, 2017, 07:10 PM
RE: If I never knew you - by Nanook - December 21, 2017, 11:30 AM
RE: If I never knew you - by Steph - December 23, 2017, 04:22 PM
RE: If I never knew you - by Nanook - December 24, 2017, 02:57 PM
RE: If I never knew you - by Steph - December 29, 2017, 06:49 PM