Moonspear i don't wanna die
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
this weather did not sit well with terance. it was cold and stormy and forced him to sleep in a den-- something he'd long given up for the airy outdoors. he could lay outside and stare at the sky until he fell asleep... it was perfect. inwardly, terance wondered if maybe being cooped up in a den had caused all that emotional nonsense-- he hadn't been able to sleep outside under the stars, maybe it fucked around with his emotional wellbeing? erhm, probably not. 

though the clouds covered the night sky, they didn't prevent him from patrolling, and so terance set off with @Rannoch that morning as always to tend to the southern border. "how long do you think this'll hold up?" the yearling asked, eyes crossing to view the mound of snow that had begun piling on his nose. he shook it off with a quick sneeze, then focused back on the path ahead of them, thick snowflakes plopping to the ground before them. heavy motherfuckers, is what they were.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch squinted against then snowfall, finding it difficult to focus on the path ahead. He turned to Terance, blinking rapidly to free himself of the snowflakes that had gathered in his eyelashes. "Hopefully not long," he replied, his voice upbeat. "Although I think Liffey or you would be a much better judge of that," he admitted with a grin, "You know, I'm to smart when it comes to stuff about the sky." Although Liffey had done her best to teach Rannoch, he wasn't the best at retaining the information. 

Like Terance, Rannoch had become reclusive due to the weather. Although his plush pelt protected him from the chilly weather, Rannoch did not find pleasure in traveling in the snow. He much preferred the warmer months of the year, where every step didn't take a massive amount of effort to achieve.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
oh... rannoch had a point. he squinted up at the cloudy sky, blinking at thicc ass snowflakes that tried to blind him, "you know i'm better at the whole night sky thing," he responded with a soft chuff. terance could kind of gauge the weather but... well, not really. maybe liffey could. "maybe i'll ask liffey what she thinks-- cause i'm tired of it." 

a thought passed through his brain, and he looked to rannoch with a bit of realization. "oh, i talked to amekaze, she said there's a group of foxes that were getting kinda bold near the borders... so we gotta watch for them."
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"If anybody knows, it's Liffey," Rannoch reassured Terance. "I can ask her tonight if you don't feel like looking for her," he offered. 

Rannoch nodded at the news that Terance provided; the influx of foxes had been unmistakable to Rannoch. "Yeah, I've run into their trails on more than one occasion," he reported with a frown he blinked snow from his eyes. "I had to kill one with Bernard. It was trying to get to our cache." 
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance shook his head. "no i can find her..." he began, but took a moment to think on it before adding on, "on second thought, you'd probably get to her quicker-- that'd be good thanks, dude." his shoulders rolled at rannoch's comment, nose twitching. "that's the guy that beat me in front of charon," terance grumbled, brow furrowing. but regardless, he glanced towards his friend. "seems cool though, right? glad he's part of moonspear." sore loser or not, terance still sort of respected the guy for winning-- and he would never turn down an opportunity for more protection for the wolves of moonspear. bernard made the mountain a little safer to live in.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
When Terance decided what worked best for him, Rannoch nodded in reply. There was nothing to elaborate on, and Rannoch would do as he had vowed (after a pleasant bout of intercourse with his wife, of course). Not dwelling too much on the infatuated thought of Liffey that crossed his mind, Rannoch focused on the subject of Bernard. 

"He'd squash me if I ever went against him," he remarked in an attempt to make Terance feel better about his loss. "I'm sure you did great," he added sincerely. "But, yeah, he's a great guy to have on our side. Super nice, too." Their first meeting had gone well, and Rannoch couldn't help but say kind things about Bernard. 

Curious, Rannoch wondered out loud, "Have you seen him since you two sparred?" 
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
though terance mostly appreciated rannoch's comment of reassurance-- he gave a low grunt of feint amusement to show this-- he was still salty about the loss. no matter, he'd see better days probably. "nice guy," he agreed anyway-- since really he didn't have anything bad to say about the wolf dog. his head perked along with his ears at ranch's next question-- he thought about it for a minute. "nah," he responded with a light shrug.

"nothing against him," he added, giving rannoch a side-ways glance, "there's just been a lot going on... honestly keep forgetting to meet up with him again." terance briefly knew of bernard's friendship with wraen-- having scented him on her once or twice, but he didn't think much about it, or make an effort to learn more about the whole ordeal... it didn't seem important to him.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It was from opposite sides along the border that Charon approached them. He was patrolling alone, feeling defensive still and not wanting to let Ame out of his sight, but knowing he must. Normally he would have started on the puppy den right after making sure there would be actual pups, but the stormy, snowy weather and early conception made it so that he was not able to this time around, which left him restless. Besides, things were stirring in the pack and Charon felt uneasy about all of it. He was growing closer and closer to the point where he would agree with Amekaze: That it would be for the best and consistency to just chase out Rannoch and Liffey now. But it wasn't like they were nobodies that had just joined. He liked them, or he had at some point, when he still thought that they were loyal to him. If only there was some way to test them (unbeknownst to him, accepting Gannet as a form of slave might just be that test).

Ears perked forward when he heard their chatter in the distance. Charon hadn't seen much of Terance or Rannoch lately, and he thought that maybe it would be good to spend some time with them. After all, what better way than to get to know whether Rannoch was still loyal, and if there were any others that might feel the same way if he was not? Charon chuffed to announce his presence to them before their paths would cross. His body was carried proudly and dominantly, though this dominance was not necessarily directed at them; it was how Charon tended to carry around the borders.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
It was hard for Rannoch to bear in mind that not all wolves were as keen as he was to acclimate recruits. "I gotcha," he rejoined with a wag of his tail. 

Shortly after the reply, Rannoch's attention diverted from Terance towards the snow-covered trail ahead; even before he looked, Rannoch knew that it was Charon who greeted out to them. Rannoch's stomach twisted uncomfortably at the brief memory of the last exchange they had, and he hoped that Charon had forgotten what had happened. Rannoch smiled in an attempt to forego his uneasy awareness as his eyes met the Alpha's silhouette in the distance.

"Charon," Rannoch greeted as he grounded his posture. Like Charon, he carried himself with authority when he guarded.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
the weather had caused a bit of an upset in terance's psyche, and to even though he was alright now, his posture wasn't as stiff as it typically was while guarding. so, unlike rannoch who had to adjust himself when charon approached, terance was actually fine how he was. his own tail waved a little at his alpha's approach, being quite fond of charon himself. "hey," he greeted with a light tip downwards of his nose, "did you want to join us?" he figured the answer was yes, but just in case charon was here on some business or something he double checked.

"border's have been quiet," he then reported, ears pricking, "but rannoch was just telling me about a fox he and bernard killed trying to get to our caches." good fill in, terance.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
His posture demanded standing down from the others; Terance posed no problem but Rannoch's body matched his own up until the point he was almost with them. Charon nodded at Rannoch as he was greeted, then looked at Terance when he was invited to join their patrol. He glanced over his shoulder but decided to come anyway with a nod. He didn't feel the borders were particularly unsafe, since they'd both patrolled sides of the territory, but maybe they could continue a little ways further than he'd gone to cover that ground too.

As he fell in step with them, continuing back to where he'd come from, he listened to Terance's report. "Oh?" he asked, though it was probably not the most interesting story around — but it was good to hear the caches were filled. "Glad to hear Bernard's been integrating well into the pack." Charon had had his doubts when he had accepted the wolfdog into their ranks, for he had little trust for wolves that looked like the dogs that had bothered him in his youth. He hoped that time would further continue to prove him wrong.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch nodded, vividly recalling the incident with the fox. "Bernard seems to be a well-versed in hunting and fighting, too," he appended thoughtfully. Rannoch had been impressed by Bernard's strengths, and he was happy to have him as a packmate. 

Satisfied to have been able to vouch for the wolf-dog, Rannoch fell silent and surveyed the path ahead of them.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance didn't have any other comments on the subject, since he hadn't sought bernard out himself and really had nothing else to report. mmm... whoops

terance let rannoch take the wheel on this conversation (though it seemed to be coming to a dead end anyway) and instead took this time to slow down and check out a scent that wafted by. his nose twitched, picking through it curiously. after a few moments, he decided it was dirge's and lengthened his strides to catch back up to rannoch and charon.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
awkward silence ensues :') we can wrap this unless one of them will say a thing!

Charon nodded as Rannoch said some more about Bernard and absent-mindedly continued the patrol. He sort of hoped either of them would continue to say something more, as he felt almost like they'd been having a conversation he had cut short now, but if neither of them would then Charon would simply continue the patrol in silence.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
It seemed as though the only wolf that could cause Rannoch to feel uncomfortable in silence was Charon. He nodded idly, unsure of what to say next. The three men continued their jobs quietly, and once their job was done, they parted ways.