The Heartwood please swirl me in your mind, so i can be a color painting that you’ll look upon
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
the amount of times I had to edit out the word "ranch"…

The dichotomy between the two men was palpable: one was pleased and one was not so pleased, though Olive could not really make sense of it at that moment. Instead it sat with her, unsettled her; so Olive stepped forward and flashed her best smile in hopes of elevating the mood entirely. After all, she was happy to see them — why should they be anything but?

Olive was never certain how to face her status as a lone wolf, when it came to explaining it to others. Her departure from Moonspear had been voluntary [for once], and she had found a certain sense of peace in her solitude. However, some had a tendency to pity her and her aloneness, no matter how serendipitous it might be. “I’ve been traveling,” is what she chalked it up to, as it wasn’t far from the truth. “Studying,” she clarified to Rannoch, gesturing to the plant life that abounded around the trio — though, it all might be missed by a wolf without an eye for botany. 

Glancing from Rannoch to Terance, Olive turned the question on them [still very much hoping to gain clarification on her Charon/Hydra concern]. “What are you doing down from the mountain?” 

and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: please swirl me in your mind, so i can be a color painting that you’ll look upon - by Olive - February 26, 2018, 10:10 AM