The Heartwood please swirl me in your mind, so i can be a color painting that you’ll look upon
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Rannoch explained that the small group had extricated themselves from Moonspear’s ranks. That certainly hadn’t been the situation the woman was expecting, but she quickly settled into the idea. Her ears craned forward in interest, so many question leaping into the back of her throat. How interesting, for the gods to thrust such an opportunity into her path — and so plainly! Rarely did they gods send signs so conspicuous. 

Terance, however, said nothing.

The mood sobered.“I left Moonspear because they attacked my child,” she said plainly, not that they had asked. It wasn’t the only reason, but it was certainly the most significant. The picture seemed forever etched in her mind — charon’s jaws wrapped around her son’s little neck — and sometimes the image even made reappearances in her dreams. In reality, there had been more than one slight against her children, but it was probably for the best that she didn’t know of them. The result would have been the same, but the pain would have been so much more.

The Moonspear wolves were disagreeable at best. Olive would always be thankful for their hearth in her time of need, but the druid felt more at home on the road, as alone she was, than she when she lived amongst them upon the mountain. Her pale banner swayed from side to side, as her focus intensified. Olive wished to know the true nature of Rannoch and Terance’s emancipation — while it was not particularly difficult to find oneself at odds with the Moonspear wolves, it was not a battle she wished to engage in. As far as Olive was concerned, that part of her life was behind her. “Why did you leave…?” she questioned, leaving the end of her question to trail off, for either of them to fill in.  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: please swirl me in your mind, so i can be a color painting that you’ll look upon - by Olive - March 07, 2018, 10:19 PM