Ravensblood Forest i'm quiet like a fire — pack claim howl
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Pack Activity 
Pack claiming howl. Maybe just one response per founding member? @Samothes @Durnehviir @Screech @WhisperDawn Anyone else wishing to partake or join the pack can create a thread on the borders hearing the howl and reference this thread and I'll happily respond to it!

His breath curled in the cold winter air before him – but something was changing in the humidity, and he knew spring would be upon them soon. It had been a long time since he, Durnehviir and Samothes had called the forest their home. Others had come in gone during this time, but the trio had been stubborn in their hold – and he saw no point with waiting further. Screech joined them as well – though the boy remained injured. They held the forest as their own – they had marked it. They had treated one another as pack. If another pack wished to contest that, they would deal with the matter.

Instead, the stocky wolf paused in his traipse through the forest, his ebony pelt gleaming as the sun began to descend toward the ocean beyond them. He felt a surge of pride – this was their home, and it would be known. Tipping his muzzle back, the regal howled his claim – a surge of pride, dominance, and stubbornness lacing his vocals before his call died down, waiting for his comrades to answer him.

But his wait did not mean he remained still. The Mayfair stalked forward once more, seeking the company of Durnehviir, who he would beckon to a romp through the bleeding trees, his eyes regarding more hungrily than even before, now that they had something more to their name and of their own. Ravensblood Forest would thrive – they would see to it.
all you have is your fire
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

He was on the beach when the call rose. The boy had been battling it out with a large crab that refused to give in to his will, pointy fists raised in defense of it's body. The sound of Constantine's voice on the wind was a signal for something; he felt the power in it, heard the commanding tone of it, and — the crab took its chance to snip at Screech's toes, distracting him from the pivotal moment. He yelped and snapped his teeth at the crab, grabbing it harshly by the opposite limb and in trying to tear it free from its weak grip of his paw, tore the limb free of the crab instead. A wet mess of salty water-plus-guts sluiced across the sand.

Then, having wasted enough time fighting this stupid creature, Screech tossed his own head back and joined in. He lent his gravel-pit of a voice to those that rose through the trees, unafraid that perhaps the wolves of Moonspear might hear him among the chaos of the many voices. Let them, he thought, They can't hurt me here.

to stab my youth with desperate knives
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

although it has taken some time, their day has finally come, and samothes feels a rush of swollen pride as constantine's call rises through the trees. pride in their group for staking their claim, come what may; pride in constantine, durnehviir and he for staying together throughout the turbulence; pride in himself for not abandoning the forest at it's weakest, when he felt the temptation to try for shinier, maybe-better things. ha, see, he's no so fickle as all that -- he likes a challenge.

the messeda boy raises his head and adds his own voice to the claim, answering constantine: i am here -- i am with you -- we are with ravensblood.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
When Constantine's voice echoes throughout the forest, Durnehviir does not hesitate to join him. She canted her muzzle skyward and accompanied the Regal's song with one of her own - unwavering support to his claim. Ravensblood had belonged to them for months and despite the coming and going of others who'd failed to commit themselves to the pack, she was proud of her shadowrunner and his accomplishment.

When the howl faded, Durnehviir assumed her search for the obsidian Alpha and when they came together, they shared no words. She nibbled affectionately at the underside of his chin before shooting him a suggestive look, then ran with him through the bleeding forest.
everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains