Shadow Mountain I can feel the shadows all around me
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
He had never done such a thing before in all of his life, but the male did what be had to do in order to survive, now his sister was here and in the hands of a mad man. Night star tried to grasp all that happened and it made his head pound. For once the dark wolf didn't know what to do. All he wanted to do was keep his sister safe but he couldnt even do that. He growled in his frustration.
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
thanks for starting! i'm keeping this vague bc i think they're settling here right, and that would mean there's signs of wolves/a pack? indra wouldn't trespass so i'll keep this vague and you can just LMK if it is or is not ok!

it was not uncommon for indra to travel outside of bearclaw; she had ranged since she was young, and often whilst others were content with quiet pack life, indra preferred the solitude of the wilderness. it was her escape and she had logged thousands of miles under her slim heels in the two years she had walked this sorry earth.

she was troubled to see there was signs of a pack settling on the footpath she usually took to get to kintla; twice her progress was stunted by the presence of markings, and twice she turned back, looking suspiciously about her. confused, but unwilling to trespass, the girl started looking for other paths that would lead her to the flatlands.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Sure thing!
He was so lost in his thoughts, he didn't even realize that the female was close. "How could you be so stupid!" Nightstar was now yelling at himself as he pawed the dirt angrily and let loose a low growl. You were supposed to protect her and now look where she is. His thoughts seemed to say.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra startled as an angry accusation hurled through the air -- her hackles lifted and she crouched like a spooked cat, ears splayed to her skull as she searched around her for the source. ahead the darkened form of a male rifled through something in the snow -- she did not know what.

her ears remained askance, but the fear she had felt moments before had already fled. whatever he had shouted, it had not been directed at her. without coming any closer (indra preferred the distance, truth be told) the redleaf shouted into the frigid air: "are you ok?"
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
He was suddenly pulled from his depressing thoughts as a voice traveled through the wind carried by air. His ears perked towards its direction. No, I'm not okay. Is what he wanted to say but he walked towards the female. "Yes, I am." Which was a complete and utter lie.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
no sooner had she called out, she regretted it -- for the male pulled from the gouge he had instilled in the earth and set his sights upon her. indra instinctively stiffened, lifting her muzzle somewhat apprehensively as she regarded him. he pulled close -- closer than she would prefer -- and rather than back up, indra eyed him judiciously, prepared for anything.

she did not detect the lie -- she did not know him well enough to know if he was simply affected or full of beguile. "what were you doing?" she asked, still offput by his desolate demeanor.
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Nightstar stopped a distance away before he spoke. "I apologize if I startled you." He wondereed if anyone else at Shadow Mountain knows she's here. "It isn't safe here." The male felt as though he had to warn her. Though he knew if anyone found out, it would be frowned upon.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra's brow furrowed as her question remained unanswered; she cast the deep marks in the pocked snow a worried gaze briefly, before she looked back at the inkjet male with obvious perplexity writ across her muzzle in the form of knits on her brow. "what do you mean, it isn't safe?" she asked, feeling a harsh edge press her voice -- was bearclaw in danger? was she?

worse yet, was laurel?
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
His heart began to raise as he saw the worry on her face. "The wolves that occupy the mountain, they....they arent wolves you want to meet. Their worse than Blackfeather in my opinion." He felt as though he had to let her know the truth. "Right now they have my sister and its all my fault." the male hopes he can stop the same fate from happening to someone else.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra allowed unease to color her face -- the wolf mentioned the possibility that somehow the pack that dredged this glacial summit was worse than blackfeather. indra thought of the contorted boy she had met; the strewn.corpses along blackfeather's borders.

in this new light indra apprised him without favor in her cold gaze. "what are they called? And why do they have your sister?"
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Nightstar looked down at the ground from which he stood. "They are called Shadow mountain and she was kidnapped by one of their pack members." The male knew he had to get her out of there. Somehow, he will find a way.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra frowned at the mention of kidnap -- her gaze trailed up the stone-laden spire, tracing the high ridge of pine and fir with a sense of foreboding. it was not good news to hear of kidnappers in their midst.

"what are you going to do?" indra asked, unwilling to even think about if the roles were reversed. if laurel had been kidnapped, well -- indra could only liken it to the second coming.
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Nightstar thought for a moment; in truth, the male had no idea what he was going to do. " I don't know. I know I have to get her out of here but how that's still a mystery to me." He knew that he might get himself killed in the process but he left that part out.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
a frown still pestered indra's countenance, drawing it into a grim expression of worry. again she looked to the mountain and back to the charcoal black wolf -- she shifted on her paws as if uncomfortable, but in truth the solemn girl was thinking, and thinking hard.

"how many of them are there?" she ventured at length, worried for both her own safety and the safety of bearclaw. however, a small part of her was deeply upset by the idea of a captive -- and if they were willing to steal and withhold a wolf, what would stop them from doing the same to bearclaw?
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
The male thought before speaking. "I've only met about four, but their strong. " he knew he wouldnt be able to do it on gis own but he couldnt bring himself to ask for help or bring another soul into his fight especially when it could end in death
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
the news that there were only four of them somewhat placated indra, though she still felt alarm strum in her heart. it was not okay, in her mind, that such dangerous wolves would set up residence so close to her home -- idly, she wondered how xan would take the news -- especially with so many young lives on the way.

"where do they stay?" she asked, already tactically forming a plan.
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Nightstar felt uneasy but he knew that he had to warn others. "They currently occupy shadow mountain. I have only just recently joined them in hopes of retrieving my sister." He spoke bluntly about it.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra looked up the massive mountain -- if she was intimidated, she concealed it. her amber gaze trickled to the male and she whispered in hushed tones: "let's do something about it."

while she hated the idea of a band of captive-takers setting up shop near her home, she hated the idea of being cruelly imprisoned more. surely, with them so close to bearclaw valley, something must be done to protect the realm and rid them off their deleterious presence.
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
He was greatful for her eagerness to help him and his tail swayed a bit. "If i can steal her a way for a bit i will let out a howl but I have to go before they realize i have gone." He knew it had been a while since they started speaking.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she had already been devising ways to bushwack through their territory and pluck this prisoner from their clutch -- but the male had other ideas. indra cut him a glance, but didn't argue -- perhaps it was better he risk his life and limb over she, particularly for a stranger that may or may not exist after all.

she simply nodded, and gave a sway of one ear. "okay. i'll keep an ear out then.. good luck." without any further hesitation she turned round and trotted for bearclaw, her steps hurried -- she did not like the idea of living in the shadow of this new threat.