Blacktail Deer Plateau Hello old friend, great to see you again
11 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Private 
YIZUR

Yizur had grown tired from how long she had been journeying. She really missed Grezig, and Yizur's journeys had taken a long time. However, when she started heading into Blacktail Deer Plateau, Grezig's scent had become stronger, making Yizur feel confident she would be able to find her sister. 

Would today be her chance?

Yizur began getting up again and, still tired, continued on walking, looking around. She was hoping for the best, that her older sister wasn't kidnapped, killed, or missing. Hope filled her heart, and her eyes scanned the woodland.

@Grezig, @Liri, @Kavik
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Being vague about the timeline, since the group hasn’t actually claimed BDP yet.

Grezig wandered the territory that day, looking around. She supposed this was as good a place as any to settle. She sniffed at plants and animal trails and meandered. And then the wind changed direction and brought with it the scent of wolf. On alert now, she stood up fully, ears pushed forward. She followed the scent, unaware yet that it was the scent of her own sister. It had been months since she had left home and her younger siblings had not yet been a year old. She approached the female, young, barely a year, and chuffed to get her attention. “Who are you?” she demanded, already feeling quite protective of her new home.
11 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
YIZUR

Yizur practically froze when she had gotten an answer, and she noticed a wolf that looked almost similar to her.

No, it couldn't be. No...

Yizur was so stunned she forgot that Grezig had greeted her with a "who are you" instead, and she tried to look defiant, or maybe sure that the female was her older sister, Grezig. "Grezig?" Yizur asked, in an almost questioning manner. "Is that you? It's me, your sister Yizur!"

Grezig, she was alive.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig’s entire demeanor deflated upon hearing the female’s words. 

Grezig?

Her heart stopped. 

Is that you? It's me, your sister Yizur!

She sat down heavily, staring slack-jawed at the young female before her. Now that she really looked at her, it did, indeed, look like Yizur. She hadn’t seen her sister in months. “What—what are you doing here?” she asked, stumbling over the words, unable to comprehend what was happening. She had thought that when she left her natal pack, it would be the last time she saw any of them. And now, here was her sister, standing right in front of her, and a bit older than she remembered. “Are any of the others with you?”
11 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Yizur soon noticed that Grezig had changed after she had asked Grezig's name, and then saying it was her, Yizur. "What-what are you doing here?" Was the question that had followed, and Yizur could feel tears of happiness forming in her eyes. "I-I thought you went missing, was kidnapped, or even killed!" Yizur replied, spewing out words almost instantly. "And now, here you are, alive! I missed you so much, Grezig." At her older sister's next words, Yizur shook her head. "No, I haven't seen the others. Maybe they weren't as focused as finding you unlike me." She replied.

She had finally found Grezig, after all this time.

"Wh-what are you doing here as well?" Yizur had then asked, and then her heart stopped for a few brief moments after taking in the other scents that were with Grezig's. 

Pack.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Yizur’s next words confused the hell out of Grezig. ’I-I thought you went missing, was kidnapped, or even killed!’

“What do you mean?” she asked, brows furrowing in concern. “I told everyone I was leaving before I left. Were you not there when I explained?” She shook head, trying to remember if her sister had been at the meeting. It had been too many months and she couldn’t recall it now. She just couldn’t believe that Yizur had spent all this time looking for her because she didn’t know that Grezig had left of her own free will. She felt sorry for the girl. “I did not mean to concern you,” she said, frowning.

Yizur then asked her what she was doing here. Grezig did not see why she should hide her goings on from her own sister.

“Since I left, I have wandered this area. A few months ago, I came across a pair of wolves caring for a pup. They said they wanted to found their own pack, and with no better prospects, I asked to join them and was accepted. We have been traveling and taking in new members ever since. And I think…” She paused, looking around the area, and took a breath. “I think we have found our new home.” She gave the smallest of smiles to her sister, and then it was gone from her face as if it had never been there. Grezig did not smile easily, or for very long. Still, there was kindness in her voice when she next spoke.

“You could stay, if you wish. My alphas are kind and accepting. I am sure they would allow it.”
11 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Yizur had been glad that her sister had been alright, and she nodded when Grezig had said that she had told everyone else she had been leaving. "Oh." She said. "I wasn't there when that happened. I was out exploring." Yizur could feel guilt instantly wash over her. Maybe she should've been for her sister at that time like she usually was. "It's fine." Yizur had then said, accepting Grezig's apology.

The words that followed made her heart skip a few beats. Grezig had joined a pack, and was now giving Yizur permission to stay if she wished. "I would love that!" She said smiling. Yizur would now be able to stay with her older sister more often now, but hopefully her other siblings would be able to find her. By what it sounded like, Grezig's alphas were apparently good wolves, and would not harm a hair on Yizur's pelt. "What's the pack called?" Yizur then queried.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Ah, Yizur had not been there when Grezig had made her announcement. Well, that partly explained the confusion. But then… why hadn’t anyone told her? No one had bothered to bring Yizur aside and explain that Grezig had left? Why? Sure, the family wasn’t exactly warm and cuddly, but they did care for each other. It was strange that they had simply forgotten about her like that. Well. It did not matter now. Yizur was here, and that was what counted. And she wanted to stay, it seemed. Good. More numbers for the pack was important—not to mention that the new recruit would be her sister.

’What’s the pack called?’ Yizur asked.

Grezig hesitated. “That depends on whether or not we stay here. This plateau is known as Blacktail Deer Plateau, but I do not know for sure if we are staying. We had some… trouble with the last area we tried to settle in. We will have to see what happens now.” She paused. “Would you like me to call for the alphas so that they can meet you?”
11 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Yizur took in her older sister's words. Apparently the pack's name would depend on the location. Sounded pretty simple. So if the pack was located in Blacktail Deer Plateau, it would be called Blacktail Deer Plateau. Yizur wondered what had happened when the pack decided to settle in the other area, and she nodded when Grezig had asked her if she wanted to call the alphas so they could meet her. "That would be great!" Yizur said, nodding. Anything so she could be with her sister!

What would they think of her?
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Yizur seemed excited to meet the alphas, so Grezig tilted her head back and gave a low howl for @Liri and @Kavik. She wondered how this would go—would they have lots of questions, or simply accept Yizur immediately. She wondered what it would be like to have her sister amongst this group and wondered who her younger sibling would end up being friends with. “The alphas’ names are Liri, the female, and Kavik, the male,” Grezig told Yizur. “They are a mated pair, like our dam and sire. They are…” She paused, trying to find the right words. “…Much more relaxed and accepting than our parents were. They have taught me much since I met them. You will like them.”
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was running for no reason at all; just running as fast as his long muscular legs would let him, the trees green blurs as he sped past them. Except there was a reason; Kavik was taking Elixir's advice and had decided to go for a run after his patrol. To his surprise, it had actually helped clear his mind a little. Since arriving at the plateau, it was hard to let his guard down completely, especially after what had transpired in the mountains before arriving here. So when his patrol had only provided more time for him to worry about things, he decided to run until he couldn't anymore. 

His plan was halted when he heard Grezigs familiar howl. He stopped in his tracks, turning his head in the direction it had come. It didn't sound like she was in trouble, but it was for sure a call for the alphas. Without any hesitation, he turned and trotted through the forest towards the direction of the summons. As he neared, he picked up Grezig's scent and the scent of stranger. Had she recruited someone else? Had she found the stranger roaming their lands? He considered it theirs now; there were no other claims on the plateau, and unless something changed, the land would remain claimed by their pack.

When he finally arrived, it was to find Grezig and a female who looked very much like her. He slowed his pace and came to stand beside Grezig, his emerald gaze studying the stranger in front of him. Grezig, he greeted, giving her a nod before turning back to the other female. Who is this? he asked, motioning to the stranger as he spoke.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She had been exploring, searching this land to see whatever it held. The stream that ran through the heart of the plateau had not offered much by the way of fish, she assumed they'd been hunted, but there were some aquatic plants that would require further inspection on her part.

What had happened at the Vale stuck with her, leading her to immerse herself into seeing their pack thrive here. When the call came, Liri straightened, abandoning her investigation of the territory. 

She padded off in the direction of the howl, drawing herself up tall so as not to limp and appear weak when she reached the borders. She moved to Kavik's side steadily, glancing over the stranger who looked vaguely like Grezig. 

The healer thought she recognized a similarity between the two and glanced at Grezig curiously, already getting an inkling of her relationship to the stranger.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

11 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Soon, two wolves had appeared, answering Grezig's call. Judging by what her older sister had said earlier, Yizur was able to tell these were the alphas, and they were both very unique-looking, especially the Arctic Wolf besides the green-eyed wolf. When Kavik had asked the question, Yizur decided she could answer, displaying no fear. "I'm Yizur, Grezig's younger sister." She explained, smiling. "She told me about the pack she joined. If I'm correct, you're the alphas, right?

Yizur knew she would be respecting these wolves whatever happened. Alphas were of high authority, and had to be respected.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Kavik showed up first, asking who Yizur was, but before Grezig could respond, Liri appeared at his side. The white wolf said nothing, simply looking between Grezig and her sister curiously. It was Yizur in the end who actually answered the question. Grezig nodded to affirm that her sister was telling the truth. “It appears no one told my sister that I had left. She followed my trail for some time out of worry for me, and tracked me down here. I… offered her a place here, in the pack, if that is all right?” Grezig couldn’t see why it wouldn’t be. Liri and Kavik had accepted every member before this, even Thorleif. “I understand—we understand,” she amended, glancing at Yizur, “that she would not get any kind of special treatment just for being related to me.”
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Liri arrived shortly after he had asked his question and came to stand next to him. The new female told them her name and explained that she was Grezigs sister, which explained the resemblance. Kavik responded with a bow of his head both in greeting and in answer to her question. 

Grezig spoke up next and stated that her sister had come to find her and that she had offered her a place in the pack. Of course that's okay, especially if she's anything like you, Grezig, he answered with a nod. He hadn't even thought that Grezig would expect preferential treatment for her family members and was surprised when she made a point to explain that she didn't expect that from them, but he nodded again in acceptance of her proclamation.  He looked to Liri, then, to make sure she agreed. He had no doubt she would, but he wanted to make sure she didn't have anything to add as it was her decision too.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri nodded as Yizur was revealed to be Grezig's sister - a fact that did not wholly surprise the fae. They looked alike despite some defining characteristics that were visible to an eye for details.

"Of course, she is welcome," Liri added, dipping her head with a smile. The girl seemed nice enough from what little she'd observed and if she was anything at all like her sister, she would fit in well with them. Her head cocked curiously as Grezig mentioned partial treatment based on their relationship. It hadn't occurred to her that Yizur might ask or even expect it, but Liri was not inclined to give it to anyone, regardless of who their sister was.

"Come, make yourself at home," she offered, gesturing for the she-wolf to follow. "I suppose you two will want to catch up?" She asked tactfully, willing to leave the two alone if they needed time to talk, knowing Grezig was capable of showing Yizur around the plateau.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

11 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Yizur already knew she would probably not get any special treatment just for being Grezig's sister. She was just...a sister, part of a packmate's family, nothing else. To her relief, Kavik and Liri seemed to be welcoming and kind to her, and she felt happy. At least Grezig had found a good and nice pack, that was what made Yizur happy. "Thanks guys!" She said, smiling to see that Kavik and Liri seemed to be accepting wolves.

When Liri had gestured with her tail for Yizur to follow, she did excitedly. She looked back at her sister in case she wanted to show Yizur around the plateu, a look in her eyes that meant "Well?".
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Kavik was the first to answer Grezig. ’Of course that's okay, especially if she's anything like you, Grezig,’ he said.

The soon-to-be beta ducked her head in embarrassment. Her own parents had never given her more than a straightforward ’Good job’ if even that. She was unsure what to do with such a flattering complement, so she decided to pretend she hadn’t heard it. 

Liri agreed with her mate, telling Grezig and her sister that Yizur was welcome. Grezig nodded her appreciation. Liri beckoned them deeper into the territory, asking if the two of them wanted to catch up. “Yes, thank you,” Grezig told her, looking to Yizur expectantly.

Her sister was quite happy, it seemed, and thanked the two alphas enthusiastically. Then she looked to her sister with a questioning gleam in her eye.

“I will show you around,” Grezig said, standing and leading Yizur on into the territory. “First is the stream that runs throughout the plateau. Come…” Her voice drifted off as she led her sister onwards.

[Exit w/ Yizur?]