Redtail Rise This life isn't romantic or free, there's no path to anything that makes any sense
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Unlike Siarut, Nanook's cautionary advance came only from her nature. It wasn't so easy to shake the habits of a rogue, even when her fur was wreathed in pack-scent. More often than not, she caught herself watching the passing land, as if her eyes were the only ones she had to warn her of danger as it approached. A glance to her right reminded her that she wasn't alone, but Siarut's presence almost strengthened her guard. She had more than just herself to look out for now.

The land to their right rose in steep and charred steppes. She had passed this way with Clary, but the place had looked different then, covered in snow. Now, it was almost as if the snow itself had burned to ash, and littered the ground in a sombre film. The skeletal spines of burned out trees glowed almost eerie in the afternoon sun, and she turned away to peer South instead.

She nosed a gesture toward the grey horizon that marked the great rocks of the morraine. "Easthollow is about three nights travel from here. South," she added, in case her friend had been looking elsewhere and had missed her gesture. "That's my sister's pack. My brother rules Bearclaw Valley, where we were born."
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better