Wapun Meadow don't let his condescencion get you down
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
it was beginning to become quite plain that lucas was not returning.

indra hated to see the aftermath of his disappearance: laurel's panicking, xan's worry -- all of it morphing from frenzied panic to something darker. deeper.

hopelessness.

indra was well acquainted with the black veil of hopelessness; in some ways she had been raised by despair, bludgeoned into a mold of bitterness - yet to see the black effect it had on bearclaw's children was untenable. as desperate as she was to find lucas, she was just as desperate to ease their pains; be it in the form of a unique pelt, enduring play, or a new hunt.

today she prowled wapun, appearing absent-minded -- but she was looking for something specific as she rifled along the tussock-studded vale. occasionally she would pause and scratch at the earth, or cast a sidelong glance back to the vale -- yet continued her search in steadfast silence, her mind elsewhere.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
billions of lighthouses stuck at the far end of the sky
209 Posts
Ooc —
let me know if anything needs changing, assuming some things re: timeline <3
perhaps it's naive of him, but there's no trace of hesitation in his agreement to follow @Mona to her home. their home, now, by what she tells him. it's a lot to process, but he feels at peace; isn't this what he'd been searching for? he hadn't known it until now, but it seems right — it feels right.
he doesn't realize he's strayed ahead of his sister until he catches the scent of a stranger. the golden mayfair freezes in his tracks, lifting his head to glance around until his gaze finds the figure. he only watches the tailless red wolf for a few moments, head tilted in curiosity as he observes her pausing and scratching at the ground. there's something else that strikes him, too — a familiarity about the scent that tells him this wolf hails from the same place as his sister. he almost thinks she's another long-lost sister, by her coloring and size, but something tells him otherwise. he glances back behind him, searching for mona with one ear turned slightly toward the stranger.
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
samesies! lmk if any assumption is wildly reaching <3

a scent had caught indra's attention, but her focus was soon lost -- for she heard behind her the light tread of what appeared to be more than one wolf. roughly raising her head, she squinted in the direction of the noise, her mahogany gaze settling on the distant form of a molten wraith.

the sight of his tattered affairs caused her fur to ripple, but was soon slaked by the appearance of mona behind him. he was well ahead of her and as she studied the pair it appeared obvious they were moving in tandem, however much of a gap had been placed between them. she set her raised paw on the ground and gave her coarse fur a shake to smooth the upended current of hackles, and laid her eyes plainly on cortland in inquisitive silence.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.