Ravensblood Forest I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
this seemed like a good place to wrap this thread. feel free to either reply once more or archive as is! :D

she doesn't seem to believe him and her words that follow the declining shake of her head prove his suspicions. he listens to her assessment of him, her argument that he has been nice to her. have i been? just because he apologized for rude behavior didn't erase the fact that he had been rude. the fun has turned serious in their conversation and the in-depth observation of his personality makes him uncomfortable. his words had been meant to be a warning, not a point of debate. the pack scent that clings to his pelage should be a warning enough and yet it does not deter her. ...if, he thinks, she even knows what pack he hails from. either she is brave or just incredibly innocent.

the assumption that they're all mad, baby stealing, war and blood hungry murderers ( or whatever the most current rumor spreading about the wilds is; he's since shed himself of such gossip ) annoys him more than it should. he thinks of the dark priestess and her young daughters, specifically. well, specifically, astara as he has yet to actually meet the listener's pale daughter one on one.

he is a lot of things but rose? nah, he doesn't seem himself as the rose. still, he will not argue with her. "we never see ourselves the same way that other's see us." is all he says in conclusion, tail twitching against his hocks. he draws in a deep breath and lets it out. "i should be returning." he's seen what he's come to see. his curiosity on the subject is sated and he desires to return home. with those cryptic words he leaves her with a wily smile as he backtracks the way he'd came.