Cerulean Cape fingers in your mouth
27 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 

the migratory birds had begun their flight south, towards the inland wonders which had never quite caught her eye. a thick black ribbon of them cut through the gold-and-grey washed autumn skies as she watched, perched there upon a rock.  they were one of the least interesting things around her though, this flock, and it was not long before she began to pick her way across the sands, the tide-cut rock at her back.
soon the sun would be below the horizon and the temperature would drop.  she should head home.  but she doesn't.  she can't explain why; the bay holds everything and everyone she cares for -- it houses her hopes and dreams.

alas, men are far more tangible than hopes and dreams.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Vercingetorix wasn't really one to--pardon the pun--wolf whistle. There was no subtlety to it, and while the brute wasn't exactly the model of subtlety, he still had enough presence of mind to avoid certain things. You know, like wolf whistling.

But damn if this girl didn't make him think twice about it.

Wow, she was stunning. Long legs, golden fur, sharp eyes. He hung back for a while, just staring at her. He hadn't meant to come this far down the coast; now, he didn't regret it for a second. Looks like his impulse decision had turned out good. Because honestly, even if she rebuffed him, he still had been given the pleasure of looking at her. That was a day-maker in itself.

Verx began to trot toward her, gait best described as a "swagger," mouth wide in a grin. Hey, girl, he called out. That's a fine sunset, isn't it? Not as fine as you, but you know, whatevssss, he thought.
Common · Trigedasleng
27 Posts
Ooc —
Away

oh, and this coast had so many of them! perhaps she should think of luring some of them home, where she would inevitably lose interest in toying with them and playing along but at least it would be another body for stormrift.
his voice shed light into the otherwise washed-out evening; she turned towards where the honeyed baritone had come and was met with yet another fine and hale specimen. it is, she returned, moving towards him, and whose company do i have the pleasure of keeping this evening?
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
He let out a boyish laugh, a sound way too young for his--god, was it three years already? Christ. Well, he tried to stay young, anyway. It would all catch up to him eventually. Oooh, 'pleasure,' I like it, Verx responded, grinning. I wouldn't be so quick with the kind words; you've only seen my good side. Ah, who was he kidding? Every side was his good side.

Vercingetorix, he continued, lingering over each and every syllable. Please, though, call me Verx--or really, anything you like. Doesn't even have to be part of my name, he offered, face creasing as he smirked. What about you, Gorgeous? He peered at her in mock anticipation, eyes widening slowly. Did I get that right on the first try, or would that be too easy?

God, he was such a dick. Wouldn't have himself any other way, though.
Common · Trigedasleng
27 Posts
Ooc —
Away

these were the best kind of men to play with -- he was a virile three, perhaps four years of age with a predictable and frankly kind of desperate demeanor.  and she a young woman, barely of age with plenty of youth to spare.
their comments were never original but they still somehow surprised her; her eyes widened as her lips parted into a small, gentle O before she let out a short, breathy giggle.  it's lilia, actually, she corrects in jest, but gorgeous will do.
she looks at his (stunning) two-toned eyes, then quickly shoots her gaze down at the sand. what brings you -- out here?  where are you from?
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Lilia is better than Gorgeous, he assured her solemnly. Much more unique. I like it. He contemplated her question for a little while, tipping his nose in the direction they had came. Up north. Came down with my commander; they summoned her up for a war, and I'm accompanying her back down. To be her bodyguard or something.

What about you, Lilia? Verx queried, tilting his head. You look awfully at home by the sea; you live around here? She even was roughly the color of the sand; she blended right in. And the sunset gave her pelt a rosy hue--oh, so lovely.
Common · Trigedasleng
27 Posts
Ooc —
Away

i'm from down the coast, she replies before he tells her that he is (maybe) a bodyguard, that he's accompanied his commander down after a war -- how intriguing! if she had a type it was older, worldly, and driven.  ver.. verc... versh... well, whatever. this guy ticked all the boxes. her brows raise in surprise as she piques visibly, drawing herself closer.  you must tell me more, sir, she croons, craning her neck and batting her lashes, then perhaps ... she trails, leaving behind a subtle, unspoken implication of his (possible) "reward" with the way she moves her body -- the slight tip ofiher chin, the way her lower lids crease. i'll tell you more about me.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Ah, so she was. It was perfect. He laughed as she begged him for war stories, having danced this particular tango before. Chicks dug the military men; it was the same everywhere. Wait until she saw his scars, particularly the ones that weren't, uh, particularly visible right now.

What is it you wanna know? Verx asked, raising an eyebrow. You wanna hear adventure stories, or shall I tell you about all the dudes I've offed? This was where it varied. Some girls really liked hearing about the blood. (Spoiler alert: those were the freaks. In a good way.) He had no idea where to place Lilia; he'd just have to find out from her answer and. . .oh.

Man, he wasn't a fool born yesterday; he knew what she was doing. Didn't mean he didn't enjoy watching her do her thing. She was so young, just getting into this whole arena. Verx would take any lay, but there were two kinds far above the rest: older women with nothing to lose. . .and yearlings with everything to lose, and a marked desire to lose it.
Common · Trigedasleng