Blacktail Deer Plateau You're facin' down a dark hall, I'll grab my light
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Pack Activity 
@Ruenna, @Elixir, @Minori, @Issun, @Corvus, @Siqsa, @Alessia, @Thorin

Not mandatory 
5-7 day rounds

The morning was cold as he woke alone again in his den. Kavik knew what he needed to do today, and it made the urge to remain slumped on the floor very hard to fight. He had duties, though--wolves that were counting on him, and he wouldn't let them down. It was the same speech he gave himself every morning, and like all those previous mornings, he pulled his large body from the ground and moved out into the brisk air of the plateau. He gave his coat a good shake before walking to sit a few feet from the Door's opening. It was later in the morning than he normally got up, so he hoped he wouldn't be waking anyone else with his call. 

With a heavy sigh, the alpha lifted his inky muzzle to the sky and called for the other members so that he could officially inform them of Liri's condition and answer any questions.
I'm no good without you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Just a a guardian might establish a patrol route around the territory, Rue had developed a similar route which carried her from sickbed to sickbed. Most of the injured and ill packmates seemed to be improving, but to Rue there still seemed to be an air of defeat and discouragement hanging over the the pack. It was hard for the empathetic girl to see her packmates in pain, but she tried to maintain an upbeat attitude in hopes of staving off the winter blues. Rue had eagerly spread the news of the upcoming Yule party to any packmate she came across; good news seemed so hard to come by these days. 

Rue cut her rounds short to answer Kavik's call. A pack meeting was a wonderful idea, she thought-- for some inexplicable reason, lately Blacktail Deer Plateau felt more like an assortment of isolated loners than a true pack. It felt to Rue as if each packmate had chosen to hunker down and ride out the winter alone, instead of leaning on others for warmth, support, and encouragement. Perhaps this meeting would help restore pack morale and unity; it certainly couldn't hurt could it? 

Rue greeted Kavik with faint nod and a tight, understanding smile. She made no effort to conceal the stress in her expression, but Kavik would understand the Beta's strain. He too felt the weight of the pack's wellbeing upon his shoulders.
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
He had gotten significantly better. Completely unaware that he spoke aloud in his sleep and everything, the navy blue-black wolfdog was attending to what he could as he could, less often taking breaks to rest in a stream or river as he did to relieve the heat of the fever. It was nearly broken, and he tried to tolerate it as much as he could without being absent. He had noticed much more absence around the lands as he reacquainted himself with his own circuits, his scent fading as did others, but he too wondered where the others were. 

Minori, Corvus, that Mouse Kid; and even Liri had seemed to ghost from the land. After the conversation he had with Kavik, the confused hybrid had no idea where the plans would lead, now. But if Kavik has his back as he said, Siqsa would return it.  
Speaking of the devil-

a howl broke through the musings, and it snapped the attention of the Ntima Son to the place which it came. It was from Kavik, and the summon wasn’t laced with too many high notes. It sounded kinda regretting. Somber. The leader, in Siq’s mind, was a hopeful dude. Regret never had come in between anything he had with Kavik, and for him to take such a saddened voice left The Demon puzzled. But regardless of his muse, the hulky wolf slowly deterred from his own path, and swayed towards where the meeting was to be held.

Eventually the bulky bastard made it to the clearing, which was already occupied by Ruenna and Kavik. Siqsa had wound up next to Ruenna, and he gave a hesitant and very awkward second to notice her, but moderately afterwards, he gave an appreciative side of his snout to her slender shoulder of silver before settling himself down to lay beside her. It felt better to lay down as his neck strained often from the injury, and after healing to keep his heavy head moderately level with the meeting. 

He gave ave acknowledgement to the Alpha, a duo of ducked crown and slightly averted stare from his molten gems. 
What happened?

Be careful, you don't want this.
Carefree, but there's a dark side that haunts this.
[Image: giphy.gif] 
Want to roll with me? Better know your place-
Because if you look around, 
you'll see you've lost your way.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
I don't think we need to drag this out anymore. Last post from me. You guys are welcome to reply if you want, but no pressure. I'll archive on 1/2. <3

The only two to answer his summons were Ruenna and Siqsa, and he greeted them each with a dip of his head as they approached. He wondered what kept everyone from attending, but assumed maybe they weren't on the plateau today--or maybe they just didn't want to be around his depressed ass, either way, he didn't blame them. He had tried to keep his dejected state hidden from his packmates, but maybe he hadn't been so successful, especially around those that knew him well. 

I guess I'll get started, Kavik began, his emerald gaze briefly searching the tree line for any stragglers before continuing. I'm sure you've noticed Liri's absence lately. This was mostly directed at Siqsa since the silver beta was already aware of what he was about to say. Swallowing the lump of despair rising in his throat, he continued, She is very sick. She caught the same illness that plagued Elixir not too long ago and has quarantined herself in the very back of the door to protect the plateau from an outbreak. Kavik understood her decision completely, but it didn't make him feel any better when he wanted to comfort and take care of her and was unable to do so. I have no idea if--when she'll get better. In her absence, Ruenna and myself will do everything possible to keep things running smoothly, he finished, trying with some difficulty to keep his pain from his expression and giving the beta a small nod. 

On a lighter note, I'm sure you've heard that we've been invited to yule on Elysium's territory. I know it goes without saying, but let's be on our best behavior while on our ally's claim. He wasn't particularly looking forward to the celebration himself, but he hoped it would lighten the spirits of the pack.

As always, I'm here if you need anything, the alpha finished with another dip of his head. Unless they had any questions, he would take his leave and busy himself with a patrol.
I'm no good without you
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
It was true - he hadn’t notice the ivory woman for quite a while now. In fact, he hadn’t seen her since Minori beat his ass. Now he had noticed Kavik being particularly abesent as well, but it was less physically and more mentally. Kavik was always ghosting around, but this time his mind had gone with it. Or was he wrong?
maybe it was his heart that had gone, not his mind. If he cared as much about Liri as he had told Siq prior, it was probably both heart AND mind...but Siq wasn’t an expert in this kinda stuff. He barely knew how to decipher between what to say, how to say it, and when it say it. Otherwise he’d offend somebody else, and then boom, another fight. 

Watching Kavik speak this stuff out there though, he could feel the unhappiness. It was thick as fuck. Even after the ‘lighter note’.

Why can’t we just take her to Elysium and see if they can heal her?” As something of an awful con artist and manipulator, he knew to think outside the box, despite his ideas not being very good. All he was focused on was the healing part, not that Kavik had literally just said to stop spread of the disease she had secluded herself. “They might know something we don’t. 

Be careful, you don't want this.
Carefree, but there's a dark side that haunts this.
[Image: giphy.gif] 
Want to roll with me? Better know your place-
Because if you look around, 
you'll see you've lost your way.

856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue listened as Kavik relayed the details of Liri's condition. Before the heaviness of the news could settle in, he spoke of Yule, which Rue appreciated. She was thankful that there was at least a small piece of good news to deliver along with the bad. 

Siqsa piped up with an idea, clearly wanting to help. Rue's expression softened with gratitude. "It's a good idea," she praised him with a small, encouraging nod. "..But she won't go, I'm afraid." Frustration tugged at the corners of her mouth. "She won't even come out for treatment, or let anyone else near her... she.. she's afraid of transmitting the disease, I think." That was Liri for you, always putting others first and herself last. 

Rue let out a long breath. "I'm due to check on her," she said, rising to her feet. "I'll try asking her about the Elysium thing..." Rue assured Siqsa, though it was clear that Rue was not optimisitic about the response she would recieve... or even if she would recieve any response at all. With a nod to the other two, Rue departed, making her way toward Liri's quarantine location. 

Rue's exit.