Moonspear Don't mind me
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon didn't notice the smile on Vela's face because he was having a think about the names and who this wolf could be himself. Vela confirmed that it might well have been Wraen and Charon nodded. Vela seemed curious to know more about Wraen. They must've been in the pack at the same time, but Vela'd been young at the time and maybe she had not fully realised. Charon suddenly realised that when she was younger, Vela had played with her imaginary friends -- Drake, Charon's friend when he was that age, and Osprey, because of Charon's stories of his friend Osprey. It would probably weird her out to find out that Wraen was Osprey's daughter.

She was a part of the pack when you were smaller, he said. She's the daughter of a good friend from my youth, who was a bit like a caretaker when I was little and told me stories a lot. Do you remember when I told you stories about Osprey, and the troll Drake, when you were little? You used to play with your imaginary friends for a while. There was a teasing grin on his face as he mentioned this, for he imagined she was now at an age where that wasn't her proudest moments. Well, Osprey is Wraen's mother. I'd promised her that her children were always welcome here when she left the valleys because of her old age, to find a warmer place. Imagine how happy I was to fulfil that promise when Wraen and her brother Terance showed up here.

Charon frowned as he recalled their departure. There were other wolves that we'd taken in that winter. Rannoch, a son of another friend of mine, had gotten hurt and we patched him up. His mate Liffey joined soon after. Then in the middle of the winter they both left because they wanted a family and weren't willing to prove themselves here at Moonspear. Wraen and Terance left without saying a word, followed them. There was hurt in his voice as he spoke the words. Charon had gotten angry at them when they left because it hurt him deeply. They'd all been his friends in some way, and the last remnants of Osprey and Eshe that he had had left.. And they had turned their backs on him. They'd never even returned to visit, to say sorry, or to patch things up.

Ame was pregnant with your younger siblings at the time so the timing was very poor. I haven't see them since. It must've been a year now... I only saw Wraen, once, but it was when she was hunting in the Firefly Glen and I told her off about it. She got snippy about being caught out, saying it was anyone's hunting grounds, so we got into a scuffle. Charon felt a pang in his heart as he thought of them and wished that he could still see them now. After a moment's hesitation he said, I heard she lives to the west of here now, at the Firebirds pack. I wonder what she even thinks of me today. He was angry at Wraen for not being the embodiment of Osprey's spirit that he wanted her to be (though didn't fully realise this himself) but mostly he was angry at them for not understanding why it had angered him so much that they left right in the middle of winter and Amekaze's pregnancy the year before.

It was like none of them even cared at all.
Messages In This Thread
Don't mind me - by Vela - January 16, 2019, 06:37 PM
RE: Don't mind me - by Charon - January 17, 2019, 03:02 AM
RE: Don't mind me - by Vela - January 17, 2019, 08:15 AM
RE: Don't mind me - by Charon - January 17, 2019, 10:22 AM
RE: Don't mind me - by Vela - January 22, 2019, 03:54 PM
RE: Don't mind me - by Charon - January 24, 2019, 04:13 AM
RE: Don't mind me - by Vela - January 24, 2019, 05:59 AM
RE: Don't mind me - by Charon - January 24, 2019, 09:11 AM
RE: Don't mind me - by Vela - January 24, 2019, 01:57 PM
RE: Don't mind me - by Charon - January 29, 2019, 04:30 AM
RE: Don't mind me - by Vela - January 29, 2019, 05:13 PM