Swiftcurrent Creek nothing is as it has been
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
It was Rue's turn to take on a look of profound sadness. Kavik didn't get it at all. He didn't seem to see the difference in making a decision by himself "with Myrren and the children in mind" versus actually including Myrren in the decision-making process. What the decision ultimately was mattered not a lick-- what truly mattered was that Myrren felt she had some power in the process, some control over her life.

Rue's brow tightened as well. She might have attempted to explain again, but Kavik's unease with this topic was quite clear to the perceptive woman. She saw his jaw tightening and his brow creasing, she heard the bristle in the decrescendo of his voice... 

No, Kavik. Not you too. Many of the Swiftcurrent wolves seemed to be edgy and agitated, and it would appear Kavik had caught the sickness. There was nothing more Rue could do to help him, not while he was on the defensive.

"Okay," Rue murmurred, defeated. Her gaze trailed off to the side. "I.. I suspect I overstepped. I apologize," she further capitulated. Her voice would sound distant and just a hair too formal, like she was already detaching. This conversation was quickly becoming a bitter reminder of everything that had been lost in Blacktail Deer Plateau, and it had never been Rue's intention to leave things with Kavik on a sore note.
Messages In This Thread
nothing is as it has been - by Ruenna - January 29, 2019, 10:22 AM
RE: nothing is as it has been - by RIP Kavik - January 30, 2019, 03:04 AM
RE: nothing is as it has been - by Ruenna - January 30, 2019, 10:15 AM
RE: nothing is as it has been - by RIP Kavik - February 01, 2019, 12:39 AM
RE: nothing is as it has been - by Ruenna - February 01, 2019, 08:28 AM
RE: nothing is as it has been - by RIP Kavik - February 01, 2019, 02:49 PM
RE: nothing is as it has been - by Ruenna - February 01, 2019, 05:00 PM
RE: nothing is as it has been - by RIP Kavik - February 01, 2019, 06:39 PM
RE: nothing is as it has been - by Ruenna - February 02, 2019, 10:52 AM
RE: nothing is as it has been - by RIP Kavik - February 06, 2019, 08:24 PM
RE: nothing is as it has been - by Ruenna - March 29, 2019, 04:43 PM