Dragoncrest Cliffs Can't stop myself falling
328 Posts
Ooc —
It was as Ephraim suspected. Vercingetorix didn't care about him so much as he cared about absolving himself before he left. Maybe the Cheka had even come down here to rub it in before he left. Based on Blodreina's attitude toward her mother, someone who helped to form Drageda and was still considered an outsider, and based on the perceived injustices leveled against him recently, Ephraim wouldn't be all that surprised.

So when the man saw fit to lecture and talk down to him instead of recognizing his all-consuming terror for what it was, Ephraim turned his face from him for the final time. I didn't mean to do it, was all he offered by way of explanation. He didn't feel he owed any further explanation to Verx, and he didn't feel he owed an apology to Blixen. That was what you got when you got between a scared wild animal and its freedom. He'd already put his life on the line for Drageda and they'd failed to protect their own; what more explanation did he need to provide for wanting to get out of here? He felt certain he was the next target for the Rusalkans... not because he felt important in any way, but because he shared their blood, which made him a blood traitor. By attacking the pack that saved his life they had betrayed him as well but it made no difference now who was right and who was wrong, and he didn't feel there was any point trying to explain it to Vercingetorix, because he already had, and it had fallen on deaf ears.

Goodbye, Verx, he said shortly as his pale eyes fell upon the waves once more.
Messages In This Thread
Can't stop myself falling - by Ephraim - March 23, 2019, 08:14 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Vercingetorix - March 23, 2019, 09:54 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Ephraim - March 24, 2019, 01:50 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Vercingetorix - March 24, 2019, 09:34 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Ephraim - March 25, 2019, 09:50 AM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Vercingetorix - March 25, 2019, 03:53 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Ephraim - March 25, 2019, 04:26 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Vercingetorix - March 29, 2019, 11:40 PM