Hushed Willows for he has cast down leviathan, the tyrant, and the horse and rider
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
It is a pleasant thing when Cassiopeia did not resist her advances in towards Elysium. Of course, the mother would never force her child into a situation that was unwanted, but Cassiopeia gave her no reason to believe she was anything other than elated to be here: safe, amongst the sanctuary, where the evils of life could not touch them.

Instead of building a wall around herself, the star-speckled girl opened herself considerable answered, for all Olive knew, truthfully. She told Olive stories of being by the sea, and of giant fish the size of hills — the latter of which sounded a little to wild to be true, but she was inclined to believe the girl anyways because the sheer force of her belief. Olive, too, had been attracted to the sea — but her experiences with teaghlaigh and blackfeather on the coast kept her from truly enjoying it as she once did. In all honesty, she rarely ever visited anymore.

“You were born close to the sea, you know?” she advised with a raising of her eyebrow. To Cassiopeia, the place of her birth might be an insignificant coincidence; but to Olive, it was everything. “In the blood-stained arbors close to the cliffs, Ravensblood Forest.” It was no wonder Cass liked it there. It was raw and deadly, much like her. “I watched the stars every night, so that I might know you were safe. The stars never doubted you, and neither did I.” The mother reached out to share a kiss with the girl — Cassiopeia was seemed impenetrable, undefeatable. She was born a survivor, and would likely remain one until the end of her days. 

It was then that Cassiopeia pointed out a fact that Olive herself had forgotten in the wake of her excitement.
“Yes!” she chirped, stopping for a moment to cut a pose that displayed the delicate swell of her belly. Cassiopeia seemed to have unspoken questions, so Olive volunteered more information. “You and your siblings have been on your own for long time now. Even Ellie and Séamus left to go pursue their grand plans of visiting every pack in the Teekon Wilds.” She shrugged and gave the girl a knowing, sidelong glance. “We missed having kids around.” Oh, but ‘we’ had changed since she last saw Cassiopeia!

“You can consider Delight family, if you want.” she continued to explain kindly, not wishing to force anything upon the girl. “Rely on him the same way you would rely on Seabreeze.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams