Moonspear How long have I been on the hunt for you?
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Of all the things to cross his mind, that had not been one of them. Hydra's brain seemed firmly lodged in one position and one position only; Dirge had been busying himself with his foot for several long minutes. The betrayal that anything at all crossed his mind, when there were many topics he cycled over. His teeth grazed over a callous he had only begun to pull at when she poised her question in the lazy, humid air on a day already long. It was not the question he had anticipated from her but words had been few between them recently; nature took its course, guiding them unconsciously where conscious thought did not go.

”Do you really get to choose? Some magic edible out there you're going to ingest?” he baited, moving to worry a spot between toes. He did not think she got a choice in the matter, whether children were boys or girls. Women certainly possessed their own power, exuding their own control over many things, but biology? It seemed random. As his tongue loosened a clot of mud from who knew when free, he almost thought to change the subject on discomfort alone—he may have had his way with her and she him, but there had been no suggestion across his radar that anything would come of it.

After all, he had never had anything come of it, season or not.
Messages In This Thread
How long have I been on the hunt for you? - by Hydra - April 25, 2019, 10:40 PM
RE: How long have I been on the hunt for you? - by Dirge - April 25, 2019, 11:03 PM