Wild Berry Meadow Meet me on the court
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 

Evergreen ought to expect the unexpected at this rate; for he never thought he’d be back across the stretch of mountains again. Yet, this place seems to call for him, lure him in like a moth to flame. He burns under its warmth, but he finds it comforting. Part of him feels guilty for leaving behind Easthollow so often on these long trips, but instinct says this is right.

Ira, and their kindness, is all that holds him back from relinquishing his membership. He wouldn’t… officially leave without saying goodbye, at the very least, and thanking them for all they have done for him. Thistle’s memory haunts the land too much for him to feel at ease, however, and out here? Evergreen can breathe again.

The bearish wolf stands at the edge of the vast meadow before him; his good eye roaming over the endless berries. Many of various colors. It seems akin to a haven, a place to really unwind, if not for the threat of much larger predators potentially lurking. It takes him back to home; where woodland broke into vast open meadows, dotted with flowers and berries for moose and bears alike to enjoy.

Evergreen exhales a shaky breath, a smile curving across his dark muzzle. He moves forward.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
It was time to grow up. Adults did things that mattered; they didn’t spend their time lolly gagging and diddly dallying. They had goals, tasks, just like the one given to Dulce.  It had been a few days since her chance encounter at the border. In that time, she’d gone over every detail, remembering clearly the iron sword laid upon her shoulders (despite her longing to forget). 

Going from pack to pack was fun when it was just to waste time. It didn’t sit right with Dulce that now, instead of traveling on her own terms, she’d been coerced into a manhunt. To be fair, the consent had been given consciously and not without thought, but it was a decision made too fast for the facts to sink in. 

The most important fact? Dulce did not want to do this. 

She’d set up camp nearby. Her first thought was that she’d need some time to figure out a plan before putting paw to path and there was no better place to think one out than in an open plain. Well, that was a few days ago, and all she’d done since then was sleep and whine. 

Having been awakened from her nap, Dulce stood reluctantly and took a look at her surroundings. There was a large figure some ways away and initially, she thought to hide. It wasn’t until he began his approach that she realized he was a wolf and definitely not a bear. Stranger? she called, only partially to double check his species.
spanish english
hover for translations!
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Sorry work is busier than expected! <3

Although his stability had been shaken to the core, threatened to crumble, the bearish wolf strides on. His anger, his sorrow, and his loss eventually turned into something greater; determination. For his family that has been left behind, he'll fulfill their dreams. It is all Evergreen has left now.

Round ears swerve, shifting in the direction of a quiet disturbance. The rustle soft enough that he almost mistook it for the wind. Alas, his suspicions are confirmed once he hears a question, assuming directed towards him. He halts in his approach, turning so he can spot the stranger. The tip of his tail wags.

Hello, he greets, tilting his head in silent question.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
The response put Dulce's flighty heart at ease. Although still groggy, she stood and shook most of the sleep from her fur, finding her tail doing its own friendly wag. She moved forward with a still, calm expression; most of the approach was focused on analyzing the stranger's intentions.

Are you alone? she asked, noting that his scent was faintly intertwined with several others. Most pack wolves dared not venture from the safety of their own borders, but perhaps this one was different. Not wanting him to think that she meant any harm, Dulce continued, I am.
spanish english
hover for translations!
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen perks up, tail moving at a faster pace now that she's stood and expressed equal friendliness. Whatever hesitation the bearish wolf might've had melts away with the simple gesture. A grin curves broadly across his lips. Although he is taken off-guard—and visibly so—by her curious question. Is he alone? He glances over his shoulder with his good eye, as if uncertain himself.

Sort of, he answers back sheepishly. For a moment, his heart undoubtedly sinks at her announcement that she is alone. Do you want to be? Evergreen can't imagine being truly by himself, which is perhaps another reason why he hesitates moving on from Easthollow. It was much easier with Thistle at his side.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
It was impossible to answer a question with only half of one perspective. There was a fraction of Dulce's life at the beginning in which she was surrounded by family, having either an aunt or uncle, a parent, a cousin -- someone at her side at all times. As per tradition, once she'd mastered the hunt of small prey, Dulce was given the freedom to choose her own path, and she'd chosen one of solitude. Of course, that was years ago, and most adolescents would've done the same; responded without thinking about the consequences of that choice.

All of that is to say that Dulce didn't have an answer. It wasn't good enough to just tell the truth and admit that she wasn't sure, but she didn't want to jump the gun again and get herself into two messes. She bit at the inside of her cheek, brows knitting together in discontent. What else is there? she asked, voice soft but demanding. A moment passed before her gaze relaxed again. Alone is okay. It was okay, in that it was something Dulce was comfortable with. If the other option were no better, than she decided that her current routine would do just fine.
spanish english
hover for translations!
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
“What else is there?”

Evergreen grows puzzled, conflicted over how to answer; for to him, alone is far from “okay”, but he is a man of different opinions. He grew up, nestled in a close family—though not one related by blood—and continues to strive for a life similar.

“Friends,” he answers after a stretched silence, and then adds; “Family, too.” Being alone meant that there weren’t moments of peace and relaxation. He misses those fleeting times with Thistle, where he could play and forget the troubles around them. It is better to remember them, however, then to forget and never long for such an enlightened feeling again.

“It’s… nice having others to rely on.” He sounds uncertain, his statement almost posed as a question instead.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Having noticed and silently agreed with the uncertainty in the brute's voice, Dulce allowed a muffled chuckle to pass. She turned her head downward, peering over her snout with an apologetic gaze. It does sound nice, she replied, though she was equally as unsure. The prospect of community did seem attractive, but what worried Dulce was having to sacrifice her independence. She thrived in the wild, without a solid structure to conform to; how would that work in sync with pack life?

My name is Abeja, she decided to share, but I prefer Dulce. It had been a while since she'd last had someone to travel with. At the very least, she thought that they might make a good pair for the day.
spanish english
hover for translations!
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
His expression lightens; a mixture of curiosity and excitement. Rightfully so, the lone wolf appears to have her guard up, and yet, his answers seems to have at least… amused her. A smile curves softly on his dark muzzle.

“Dulce,” he repeats, “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Evergreen.” The bearish wolf introduces. “Hungry?” Admittedly, he is. Food sounds good, and it’s been a bit since he had a companion to take down larger game. His slower speed always worked against him.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
We wrapping this one up?

It took a second for Dulce to conjure up and answer, though eventually she did settle upon a slightly apprehensive, Yes. She'd never been one for the hunt, but she was hungry; the chance of being able to catch something larger than a substantial hare was attractive enough for her to temporarily let down her guard. Are you good? I sure hope so.
spanish english
hover for translations!
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
We can fade & archive here or continue. Either way works for me :D

Uh, the bearish wolf says, looking sheepish. 'Define good,' rests on the tip of his tongue. It is obvious Evergreen is more fat and muscle than he is swift on his feet, and with his eye messed up... well. Let's just say it's been an interesting learning curve.

Better at fishing, he admits with an awkward laugh. I'm sure we'll manage though. After all, it doesn't hurt to try at least. There has to be something around that they can take down working together as a team.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Fishing wasn't something that Dulce had ever even thought to try. In truth, her inexperience was partially due to plain disinterest, but that was allowed to remain unspoken. She turned and began to walk off, looking over her shoulder to make sure that Evergreen was following. The two of them were thinking essentially the same thing: odds aren't great, but let's see what happens.
spanish english
hover for translations!