Mudminnow River Everyone who knew her loved her so.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The words swam around her in a cartoonish manner, almost like she was seeing stars, although gradually she understood what was being said and swallowed up her misgivings; she didn't know what an injection was — but it perhaps referred to the manner in which snake venom was delivered through the skin by way of the teeth. This was not something Ibis understood in the slightest. She'd never been in a situation that would require herbal remedies (except for that time the herbal remedy had upset her mouth and Gannet had quickly fixed her).

Cadeau hastily apologized for her exuberance. Ibis couldn't fault her for being invested, it was a similar zeal that Ibis carried for pretty things. Had she known that her collection of beautiful flowers and interesting plants might've been more useful, maybe she'd have stockpiled differently.

She stepped closer to the spikey plant that Cadeau had produced from her pouch and dipped her nose towards it, sniffing carefully, not touching it. If Ibis had learned anything at all while a member of the Hollow -- it was that not all plants are good plants; but she took her new friend's advice as fact, trusting her a little bit more than what might be considered normal.

Its okay, I like plants too — but I didn't know they had so many mysteries to them. I collect pretty ones, Ibis explained as she looked up to Cadeau again, smiling. You have quite a collection! What is that plant you carry them with? She tilts her head ever so slightly, looking at the pitcher plant with bright, curious eyes. I used a big fern-thing to carry my plants but it hurt my mouth. Gannet -- one of my best friends -- he said it was a dangerous plant. Big and deep green leaves, sometimes with bright colors striped on them like a vee? Maybe Cadeau knew what the philodendron was - maybe not. Either way, Ibis was glad to have someone who understood how beautiful and magical plants were.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - May 30, 2019, 03:23 PM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - May 30, 2019, 11:30 PM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - June 01, 2019, 03:53 PM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - June 01, 2019, 08:25 PM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - June 03, 2019, 10:59 PM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - June 04, 2019, 09:27 AM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 04, 2019, 12:57 PM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - June 04, 2019, 06:13 PM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - June 04, 2019, 06:31 PM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - June 05, 2019, 09:37 AM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - June 06, 2019, 08:41 PM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - June 12, 2019, 12:23 AM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - June 17, 2019, 06:14 PM
RE: Everyone who knew her loved her so. - by Cadeau - June 22, 2019, 10:51 AM