Lost Creek Hollow Two, Four, Six, Eight; Everybody Excavate!
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Something wild streaked its way towards her and Ibis had to contain her voice for the first time in her life, feeling it rise up through her throat as she startled back a half-step; but then there came a dim command from the den — manners! — which may or may not have affected the muddy beastie that had zeroed-in on Ibis. Regardless, Ibis pulled back another few steps for good measure and with wide eyes, watched the hellion as if it had two or three heads.

Ibis could not remember ever liking the mud as much as this child; nor could she remember ever being this ill-behaved, and was repulsed. Maybe a part of her was bothered by the fact this was one of her half-siblings, but she liked to think of herself as welcoming and loving, open to all of her family — and as she had quite a mixed-up family, that made sense. But seeing this tiny wolf who resembled her father so strongly made her look at this child as a replacement, and thus, she felt a strong jealousy.

But the child was innocent. Ibis glanced away from it for a moment and caught Treason's gaze, feeling the burn of it and reading the wrong message there. It wasn't a hostile expression on the woman's face but it was far from welcoming. Ibis felt a stinging sensation in her heart, and looked away. It feels like she hates me, she thought. Like she knows what I'm thinking and she hates me for it. It wasn't a fair assumption, but Ibis was a simple girl and often jumped to her own conclusions.

Um, hello there! She tried again, trying to sound up-beat despite the chill in the air. She didn't need to lower herself to the kid's level but she did so anyway, smiling. I'm Ibis! I'm your -- your sister! Was the kid even old enough to understand? Would they care, would they love her like Okeanos loved her? It felt wrong to be here, suddenly.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Two, Four, Six, Eight; Everybody Excavate! - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 03, 2019, 07:01 PM