Moonspear upon us all a little rain must fall
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Vela agreed--to the king himself, what males were even remotely worthy Charon's daughters? So few and far between. It made him wonder what expectations his father had placed on him for a mate, namely, what had been his ideal visage of the hypothetical contributor to the his Ostrega genes, since he had been so keen to see him match up and family it away. Charon had told him it was someone to be proud of--among other things, of course. That had stuck with him above and beyond, though. But he slicked back his ears, and snickered back. Well not just that part, like being an actual good father, too.. There's a lot. A lot he could say, and a lot to be overwhelmed with if he thought too hard about it. He doubted in his inexperienced heart that he would be able to measure up to the standard his father had placed for them. I wasn't even as close to him as you were, and even after everything he did in the end, Dad still set the bar pretty high, he sighed.

Anyway, Vela's next remarks reminded him of dad too so he couldn't be sure if he wanted to roll his eyes or feel a little defensive because of the subject he was not very good at obviously. I have been on the lookout. Less lately, after.. everything, but I don't know? I've met pretty girls, interesting ones too but it's always just a once or twice type of thing. Everyone usually is far, or has their own.. whatever else going on, he complained. Packs, family, otherwise. Like him. He wasn't often found roaming around casually, on the hunt for potential suitors. It hadn't occurred to him that he needed it yet. Nothing's ever really felt super right with it anyway, or I haven't been able to take the time and find out what that is yet--but it's very much a work in progress, he said back, because while it stung sometimes when brought to light, his day to day wasn't bothered by his shortcomings in finding any partnership so far.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
upon us all a little rain must fall - by Jarilo - June 21, 2019, 01:14 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Vela - July 02, 2019, 07:32 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Jarilo - July 06, 2019, 10:35 PM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Vela - July 12, 2019, 05:40 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Jarilo - July 17, 2019, 12:57 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Vela - July 22, 2019, 05:30 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Jarilo - July 29, 2019, 12:46 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Vela - August 03, 2019, 02:21 PM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Jarilo - August 08, 2019, 10:08 PM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Vela - August 20, 2019, 03:35 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Jarilo - August 21, 2019, 12:56 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Vela - August 28, 2019, 09:52 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Jarilo - September 02, 2019, 12:53 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Vela - September 02, 2019, 05:27 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Jarilo - September 04, 2019, 02:26 AM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Vela - September 09, 2019, 02:36 PM
RE: upon us all a little rain must fall - by Jarilo - September 15, 2019, 11:25 PM