Cerulean Cape a heartless creature is a loveless creature
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
All Welcome 
@Cadeau maybe?

as far inland as he could have traveled, illidan did not remain long. before many days had passed, the wandering ghost had found himself back beside the sea. the waves crashed against the shore and lured him back to the stone guardians that sat on either side of rusalka. as close as he got, the restless soul could not manage to approach it. after he had left the members of his pack to the leadership of someone that many of them had not trusted, was it really appropriate for him to ever go back?

padding into the sands, illidan found a place in the sun and dropped down to his belly. the warmth of the grains against him was comforting, to a degree. he still felt as though he had nowhere to guide him. all of his time spent out there, and he had never found the scent of his mother. the longer it had gone on, the more he had questioned whether or not raleska had been right about the former drageda wolf. perhaps his only purpose in their midst had been to cause havoc.

breathing outward, the sigh seemed to take several pounds from his shoulders and back. illidan lowered his crown to rest on his paws and watched the waters.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau took herself for a walk by the shoreline, needing the calm purr of the sea to lull her anxieties. It was silly, the nervous clenching of her belly and the way her mind liked to run these days. She threw herself into her studies, having improved upon her skills as a healer by an incredible amount since making herself home here. There were more chances to practice medicine and mentors were plentiful who knew the craft. She was grateful she could be more useful to someone, rather than baggage like she feared she would have been. The halfling was no pure wolf, some things would never felt natural to her, even despite her lupine ancestry. She didn't come to accept the parts that made her her but she was beginning to understand what she was and how parts of that person were strongest most of all.

She heard the sqwacking of gulls overhead and Cadeau remembered her youth, as a small pup chasing the birds back home alongside her papa. If she closed her eyes she could travel back to that time... Breathing in the sea air deeply, Cadeau let herself break into a rapid sprint suddenly to pursue one of the flying white birds. Soft sand swallowed up her paws with each long stride. It descended low enough that Cadeau could bunch her legs up and jump, her jaws snapping at it to pull it from the air by its feet. The wolf in her was sastisfied by this kill, Cadeau pinning it down and staring at the now lifeless eyes with her jaws stained bright red. A life is never wasted, she told herself when the guilt tried setting in for following an instinct, picking it up by the neck.

Something in the distance caught her attention, Cadeau cocking her ears in a curious fashion. It was a dark speck along the shore, cushioned by the golden sand. She, still carrying her kill, began to make an approach. As a pack wolf, she knew it was a duty to make sure she saw who was a friend or who was a foe to Rusalka. Cadeau very quickly began to see this stranger was not a foe at all but someone she knew very well. Her jaws dropped open in a shocked fashion, the bird all but forgotten as it unceremounsly fell to the ground. The gentle thump! didn't take her attention at all, she could care less about that seagull right now.

Illidan? Her friend was back? He was here? The jilted part of her, the one that was angry he disappeared without so much as a farewell pushed its way through the sea of emotions. However, she quashed it back down with a wave of her own, Cadeau refusing to let the negative feeling reign over her. The fight had been hard on him and with what became of his mother from word of mouth... she had no right to feel anger towards him over leaving. Cadeau let herself feel sad though that perhaps he hadn't trusted her enough to share anything with her, she wouldn't have let him face the world alone like that. 

The eager part of her soon pushed on strong, Cadeau wanting to run across the distance between them to greet him. It'd been so long since she last saw him, Cadeau had missed her friend. Rusalka hadn't felt nearly as homey without him there, she'd gotten too used to his companionship when at the start of her journey all she had was him, her shadow and the sky above her as a friend. Taking in a breath, she felt suddenly meek and pinned her ears against her head. Did he even want company? Perhaps he left Rusalka and didn't want to come back to it... Perhaps he didn't want to see her either, after all, he hadn't spared her a farewell when he first left. Cadeau looked between the moping figure of her long lost friend and the sea as if the awnser lay there hidden in its waves, the halfling torn two ways.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the ghost didn’t even know that she was there until she had already closed some of the distance between them and had found herself at a stop. he did not know how she felt. illidan did not even yet notice that she stood there until the wind had shifted and carried the faint aroma of rusalka and cadeau with it. the wildling turned his head sharply to her and latched his hawkish gaze with her figure. her eyes seemed to be trained on the lapping waves, as though the waters would bring her answers to all the questions that had gone unasked.

for a long while, illidan did not move. he had not been a good friend to her. he had vanished without even telling her where he was going. the boy had lost his place in the pack and had been forced to venture out on his own in search of his missing mother… and he had never thought to stop so that cadeau would know where he had gone. what kind of a bastard did something like that? he was not worthy of her friendship; she deserved so much better than he could ever give her.

“cadeau…”

his legs had carried him to her against his will. he stood some ten paces away with the sea breeze toying along the jagged hairs of his nape. there was a deeper sadness to him – one that would not be explained through any easy means – and his frame had lost some of the strength it had held before his departure. illidan wondered if she even wanted to talk to him. he wondered if he had damaged their friendship beyond the point of repair.

it would serve him right, he had to remind himself.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
She wanted to feel angry with him for leaving her there like he had but she hadn't the strength to feed the feeling. That had died down awhile ago, a cool ember upon the firepit of her heart. Cadeau knew she was weak when it came to him, he was someone special and the only reason she felt anything at all was because she was upset he'd faced such a strife alone. Nobody deserved to be alone like that, she had wanted to be there for him. When he stared at her she only stared back, almond eyes a mixture of emotions as she let him decide what he wanted, to be alone or seek companionship. 

The heartsick girl inside of her perked when he took that first step towards her, Cadeau hadn't even really realized she started moving to meet him. It took a lot for Cadeau not to break into a run, instead stopping once they stood face to face. She lifted her chin with a weary smile.

"You got taller," Was the only thing she could think to say, meeting his eyes. There was fondness and humor to the words, as if to ease the tension. Cadeau never did good under pressure. She fell quiet, looking away a moment to gather her composure. A tidal wave nearby crashed on the rocks nearby and with it Cadeau lunged herself forward at him. Burrowing her face in his neck, she huffed into Illidan's thick shaggy fur.

"You idiot," Cadeau said instantaneously, knowing the insult hardly sounded as such by the way her voice quivered like water. There was no edge to be felt. "I would have gone with you, you... you dummy, you big stupid gray meatball, you... ugh I can't even Think of anything else to call you. Where in the world have you been?"

She still hugged him though, Cadeau wanting him to know he wasn't just off the hook yet she still cared deeply despite the names she called him. "I'm glad you're safe, just... say something next time you need to leave like that." 

"You worried me sick, Illidan,"
She didn't want to look at him right now as she was more than happy here nuzzled against his neck and chin like a clingy pup. Cadeau breathed in his familiar scent and let it waft over her.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born