Blacktail Deer Plateau Well I crossed the river, fell into the sea
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 

Kaistleoki remains, standing tall to their south. Yet, Evergreen ponders. There are faces he has not seen in some time, and while it is expected for members to drift if they do not fit within the packs ideals, part of him had not realized how concerned he would be for their safety. Knowing they are okay, and wanting to branch elsewhere is one thing, but having the situation a mystery is another.

He finds himself searching. The bear-like Count strides into the Plateau, climbing away from the River territory he rules with mismatched eyes darting around. He keeps catching himself looking, and forcing himself to stop, before the routine continues. Round ears flatten back upon his skull, and Evergreen exhales a sigh.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
starkindler
159 Posts
Ooc — Dan
aa here i go

A long time passed since her last interaction with a wolf. How much though, she did not know. She did not plan on interacting with others either. A waste of time, as she liked to call them. Yet anyone needs to socialize from time to time. And maybe it was the perfect time to do so.

With her running-like walk, she reached an unusual place. Had I been here before? ... No, I guess not. The female continued to move forward, until she suddenly stopped her tracks. She raised her head up, eyes wandering all over the place. Someone is here.

A quick glance to a certain point, then she spotted him. A large, brownish creature, wandering a little too close for her own good. Is that.. a wolf?
common    romanian    valerian
— hover for transation

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Their paths cross. Both perhaps lost in their own thoughts until they are taken aback by the company. Evergreen's hopes grow, thinking that maybe it is a member of Kaistleoki, or one they have lost. Round ears flick forward. The large wolf halts in his tracks. Mismatched eyes focus on the wolf nearby, only to find it to be an unfamiliar face.

His expression falls briefly, growing disappointed and yet, a moment later, Evergreen is smiling. His tail wags a few beats, to appear friendly.

Uhm, hello, he greets. Are you... looking for something?
starkindler
159 Posts
Ooc — Dan
The creature spotted her and came straight to her position. Was it hostile? Hopefully not. She continued to stare, until she realized it was but a large wolf. Her expression was either shocked or curious.

She watched the stranger closely, narrowing her eyes a little. Who is this? It's smile makes me feel strange. But why is it smiling in the first place? Curiosity got the better of her.

"I-" The question is.. was she really looking for something? "Ye- I mean, no," She shook her head. "Were you following me?" Agana narrowed her eyes at the large wolf, giving him a strange look.
— hover for transation

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Why is she looking at him like that?

Evergreen would be sweating bullets if it were possible, but alas, the bear-like wolf remains looking uncertain and confused. His smile stays, however, despite the circumstances. The last thing he wants is to appear hostile, or, y'know show that he isn't in the best mental state right now.

He lifts an eyebrow slowly, before abruptly shaking his head... more rapid and firm than he expected. N-No, I was not following you. Why would he be following her? Is she in danger?

A... Are you being followed? Are you alright? The Count asks quickly, and looks around.
starkindler
159 Posts
Ooc — Dan
Shifting her weight, she watched the brown wolf closely. He had a large build, and could easily beat her in a fight. Even after she was a bit rude with her question, the stranger still managed to give her a warm smile.

"Uh.. no? I thought you were following me." She stopped for a moment to gather her thoughts. It had been a while since someone asked her if she was alright. In fact, no one actually asked her this. But was she really alright? "Yes, I'm — fine."

"Now, giant brown stranger, why don't you tell me what are you doing here if you're not following me?Maybe he's from a pack nearby. Oh, if I tresspassed a pack's territory I'm going to be in big trouble.
— hover for transation

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Much to his relief, it seems as if it is just a misunderstanding. No harm done then, hopefully. Although he worries how he must have come off if she assumed the worst in him, and that he was following her for whatever reason. A round ear flicks forward, and Eve halts in his searching. Mismatched green eyes instead rest upon her with continued concern.

Oh, uhm... good. His tone is uncertain, questioning. Although she says she is fine—and Eve wants to believe it—the nosy part of him does not.

Eyebrows raise, amusement brightening his face at the wordy nickname. "Giant brown stranger" is new.

Well, uh, my home is... right there. The bear-like wolf turns over his shoulder and gestures at the riverland just beyond the Plateau. So, uh, just taking a stroll? Yeah, that sounds good. He doesn't want to reveal that he has been searching for missing packmates, especially since Evergreen is trying to deny that to himself.

What about you?
starkindler
159 Posts
Ooc — Dan
WOOP late reply
She had most likely not been followed here from her homeland. They could not possibly know her new name, right? They cannot reach you here, she tried to reassure herself to seem calm enough for the brown stranger to stop asking questions.

His strange tone gave her goosebumps. Could he possibly ask anymore questions that would compromise her desguise? Agana shifted her weight and moved a little back to make space for herself. Breathe.

That’s a.. strange home. I like snow more.” It may be strange, but at least he had a home., something she could not take advantage of.

I’m-“ she stopped for a moment. What was she really doing here?Just passing around here, exploring if you want..
— hover for transation

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Strange? Perhaps. Evergreen never thought of it that way, after all, it was perfect to the Count. Fishing has been a passion for him taught by his mother at an early age, and the River allows that hobby to thrive.

It does snow here, there was... quite a lot last winter. He comments, although it did not snow here all year round. He wonders if the peaks on the nearby mountains it did, or if Teekon Wilds is without any areas that stayed locked in time and oh-so cold.

Ah, uhm, gotcha. So... you aren't searching for anything particular? The bearish wolf smiles sheepishly. He still feels nervous and out of his zone with this one.
starkindler
159 Posts
Ooc — Dan
Perhaps it had been an insult to the brown stranger, but her mind was elsewhere. She missed her old home. Living in the uncharted norths had its benefits, but it was enough for her. Agana had seen green fields before- but was not used to them as she was with greish-white ones.

"Oh? Really?" She was curious to know more about it. Perhaps this place isn't as bad as I thought.. Still, she needed to get used to the new green color, and that fast. "Care to tell me more about it? How does this place look when it's not.. green?"

He just tries to be nice, she thought. "I.. don't know." silence. She never thought what she would do once she got far enough from her home. Being a lone wolf meant agreeing to your own death, and she did not want that.
— hover for transation

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
I lived in the Valley, a bit south east of here, during that period. It was… quite beautiful. Everything was covered in layers of snow, and there is a meadow over there that I liked to spend my time at. We’re further north now, so I expect it’ll be even more. Eve lets out a laugh following his words.

Whitefish River could potentially freeze over during this time… and he remembers that Ira spoke about keeping their options open as a result, since fishing will be nearly impossible.

Ah, uhm, well if there is anything you need, Kaistleoki is just over there and I’m positive my friends will help. Eve beams.
starkindler
159 Posts
Ooc — Dan
She watched his face as he spoke of his past home. This reminded her of the norths she used to live- everything reminded her of it. She slowly shook her head and tried to focus on his speech. "Even more? Oh, I would love to see that." Agana answered as a small smile appeared on her lips.

"Kasitleoki?" She never heard of that name before. Maybe they are friendly, as he is? Woth a shot, she thought. "I-" asking for help would damage her ego beyond repair, but she was deep in this "runaway from home", she couldn't go back now that she came this far. She sighed, then tried once more.

"Would.. would they mind if I stick around for a while? I do not want to be a burden to them-" Agana stepped back a little.
— hover for transation

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
His mismatched green eyes widen in surprise. Well, this isn’t going exactly to how Evergreen expected, but he cannot complain… new beginnings is what Kaistleoki had been founded on, and if that is what she is looking for—even temporarily—then the Count sees no need to turn her away.

Uhm, I am Kaistleoki’s Count… it’s leader, so I doubt anyone would mind if you wish to join us? I’d just ask that you help around the pack in return. Even if Kaistleoki seeks to help and support others, they aren’t a sanctuary like Elysium. Everyone has to pull their weight equally.

Oh, I, uh, suppose it would be polite to introduce myself, huh. I’m Evergreen. May I ask your name?
starkindler
159 Posts
Ooc — Dan
Perhaps she shocked him with her question; staying here? Was it a good idea? She should have been miles from here, running. Yet here she was, in front of this stranger, asking him to live for a while on his pack's territory. Way to go, Agana.

The male shocked her with just a few words that made her stare at him with her yellow eyes. "Kaistleoki's Count? I am sorry if I disrespected you in any way." Agana remained silent for a moment. Helping around the pack was not that hard, was it? By helping them, they would help her aswell. She would not, however, stay there for long. "Of course.. What help exactly?" Alas, another stupid question.

"Evergreen? No wonder why you live here and why you chose this place. It's so green." She smiled, even for a fraction of a second, but she smiled. "I like "giant brown stranger" more though." the she-wolf whispered, hoping he did not hear her.

The beige female turned her yellow gaze to face him. "My name is Agana, nice to meet you."
— hover for transation

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
No harm done, the Count gives a wide grin—amused but also understanding. When he first joined the ranks of Easthollow, he had been terrified of Valette and Greyback for their high rank. It is odd how much times have changed, and now he stands in their position.

Well, uh, that depends on what you excel at, or what you're interested in learning. Kaistleoki is built on new beginnings, and we focus on our veteran members mentoring those interested in their fields. Be it hunting, fighting, medical or otherwise, they're prized talents in Kaistleoki.

Eve gives a brief, awkward laugh following her joke. Something like that. The forest and river reminded him of his childhood home after all.

Nice to meet you, Miss Agana.
starkindler
159 Posts
Ooc — Dan
Agana.. she was still not used to hear others adress her like that.

“I see,” she was, once more, lost in her thoughts. As a child, she never thought what she would do once she grew into adulthood. She liked to travel, yes, but this wouldn’t help her now. Perhaps.. learning about the world around her?

“I want to learn about the natural world —” her yellow gaze turned to the sky above them. “ — stars to be exact. They are simply.. beautiful.” Her philosophical talk must be boring to him. Truth be told, Agana liked to learn various things rather than socialize. She enjoyed spending all day studying plants, rocks, but most of all, she enjoyed stargazing. Her fascination for them was beyond limits; so, why not learn even more about them?

The beige female sighed before she turned her attention to the male. He had already done a lot by giving her a chance to a decent home. Still, she was unsure. Her weakness- making decisions. “Evergreen, you have already done a lot by welcoming me into your home, and for that I will always be greatful.” Silence. “But I need some time before I make this deicison.”
— hover for transation

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Last post from me! I’d be down for another thread if you’re interested though :)

Although the stars and natural beauty are not Eve’s passions, the bear understands her—his sister, Thistle, and his uncle, Kaisyn, were in tune with the naturalist paths… and there are a few in Kaistleoki’s gates that he is certain follow the same interest.

They are, he says with a serene smile. I wish I knew more about them. Maybe you could teach me what you’ve learned. Stories to tell the pack would be wonderful, and he could see Agana in that position if she desired. Although perhaps Eve has the wrong impression of her.

Alas, he, too, understand the need to ponder such life altering decisions. The Count gives a nod of his head following her words. Uh, yeah, of course. Take your time, and if you’re interested in staying with us, we’re just by the River. Give us a shout at the borders and a member will be with you shortly.

Speaking of, he need not dally too long, and get back to his search—even if the distraction was very appreciated. Well, uh, I gotta get back to it… It was nice meeting you, Miss Agana, and I hope to see you around again. Take care. ‘Please stay safe.’ And with that, Eve takes his exit.
starkindler
159 Posts
Ooc — Dan
ooo sure !!

"Me?" the female looked at him in confusion. He was Kaistleoki's Count, he could ask a more experienced astronomer about them. But he wanted her to teach him. Agana gave Evergreen a warm smile in return, "I mean, of course! It would be an honor."

It was heartwarming for her to know that she had a place to stay now- but she still needed to think about her future. "Thank you," she nodded, "The river, got it."

Agana watched Evergreen as he spoke, a little sad that he had to leave, but understandable. "I hope to see you around too, Count Evergreen." she smiled as he left, then turned away to continue her walk.
— hover for transation