Hushed Willows some things never sleep
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
she's made the trip quickly, not allowing herself any further chance to avoid this. she doesn't want to, not anymore, not since that last shred of hope blinked out. it's time to tell Sunny, no matter how real and vivid that will make the situation. she's long ago discovered that trying to avoid grief, lessen it, only serves to drag it on longer. and the grief will not end, the losses and failures will not cease, and so there is nothing left for her to do save to avoid the very sort of thing that led to it all in the first place. 

the call for @Sunny is already fading, the aged twilight giving way to night. here and there, fireflies are beginning to blink into existence, and a coll breeze rakes through her fur. she sighs, softly, before moving into the territory to meet him, if she can - he's already made it obvious that she's welcome here.
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Although the call was not for her, Easy couldn't be kept from answering it. She tipped back her head to respond -- a call that advertised her excitment at hearing her sister's voice once more. Without waiting to hear back, she began bounding toward Dawn's voice, assuming that the only reason she had not been summoned as well was that she had not expected to find Easy here.

As soon as she reached the other woman, however, it was clear to her that something was wrong. Her steps slowed and her ears cocked back in concern as she took in her sister's appearance. She was not sure just what she was sensing, but something definitely didn't seem right.

"Dawn?" she asked, her voice somewhat timid as she made to close the distance between them.
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The familiar sound of his sister's voice drew him toward the borders and he paused, seeing Easy there and hanging in the background to give them a moment. His eyes studied his littermate and he wasn't sure why but he began to wonder if this was just a routine visit. Slowly he slid forward and gave both sisters a friendly smile, eyes crinkled with concern as he turned to Dawn "Hey sis, What's up?" 
Birdcatcher: 4/10

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
"easy!" a brief pang of gladness at that, but her features remain set. she's glad her sister has found her way here. at Sunny's arrival, she feels again a sharp blow of disappointment. some small part of her had hoped, perhaps, that her children would find their way back here. she lets go a small breath, and decides to tear the bandage off. 

"Adi's gone. I followed his trail as long as I could, but I couldn't find him. there was blood, too lots of it. Stone, Brook, they're gone too. I couldn't find any trace of her scent, no matter how hard I looked, and Stone - his was there, with Adi's and the blood." it is terrifying to say it all aloud for the first time, and when she finishes, her blood feels thick and sluggish through her veins, her throat tight. she wanted Easy to meet them, know them. she wanted them to grow up with their cousins, wanted to scrap together all the family and love she could for them. it turned out, in the end, she couldn't even manage to keep them within a single territory.
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
For a moment, it's the reunion that Easy had been dreaming of --

and then it was all very wrong. Her little niece and nephew that she'd not even had the chance to meet were lost, and a wolf she'd loved since those golden days of her youth had, apparently, abandoned them once more. The narrative, of course, did not say that exactly, but it was what Easy felt in her heart must be true.

"We can go after them," she offered at once. "I can go with you." But if Dawn couldn't find them, Easy didn't know what hope she had of helping. And the trail must be old by now -- but her babies...

The mottled woman let out a low whine and crowded close against Dawn's side, unsure how to help and wishing she could somehow shelter her from all pain and evil. Maybe if she'd been there... but no, she'd been down that road before. "Maybe you should stay with us," she said after a moment, referring to her new home at Elysium.
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Whatever he had been expecting, it wasn't this. His face fell and he froze up, unsure what to say. He knew what it was like to lose your child but to lose them like this on top of losing the father as well....his heart shattered for Dawn. He moved in to embrace her and paused, searching her gaze for a moment before leaning in to nuzzle her. "Easy is right, we'll help you look. I'll ask around our Allies, see if anyone knows anything" he said softly, his voice filled with sympathy and determination to help his sister. "You are always welcome wherever I am" he said following up Easy's invitation for a place to stay.
Birdcatcher: 4/10