Stone Circle my youth is yours
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
A small pride stole over Nanook's firm countenance and seemed to melt the tension that strung her shoulders tight. A smile, for her niece recovered well from the hiccup in her pursuit. She had faltered, but she had given the killing blow. There was a hunter; a child of her mother.

But... there was also something wrong, and Nanook felt a sickening dread crawl through her stomach. She rose to her paws, stole a step forward. Leta shook, and shook, and, "Leta," she called, and her tension returned and willed her to clip the ground with a quicker pace, fur upright, and ears slicked back. "Leta!"

By the time she reached the kill, her niece was in her final throes. The rabbit fell to the ground, lifeless and dead, but Nanook's firm eyes were not on the rabbit. She stepped past the prey, and went straight for the child, to nose her up and down. "You did it, that rabbit is more than dead," she said, but her skin still tingled with unease at what she had seen. Did this happen often? Did Valette know? "Leta, what happened? Can you move your legs?" And she nosed her again, on the hip, at the heels, hoping she would move.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
my youth is yours - by Leta - October 26, 2019, 06:00 PM
RE: my youth is yours - by Nanook - November 20, 2019, 10:55 PM
RE: my youth is yours - by Leta - December 03, 2019, 03:08 PM
RE: my youth is yours - by Nanook - December 22, 2019, 11:45 PM
RE: my youth is yours - by Leta - December 23, 2019, 11:46 PM
RE: my youth is yours - by Nanook - January 08, 2020, 09:40 PM
RE: my youth is yours - by Leta - January 29, 2020, 06:06 PM
RE: my youth is yours - by Nanook - February 13, 2020, 09:46 AM