Herbalists' Cache Tomorrow, I'll switch the beat to avoid yesterday's dance
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Skipping Lainie, lemme know if that's a no-no and I'll remove!

The man wasn't very open at first, appearing as quite a daunting figure with a protective air wrapped tightly around the girl beside him. As soon as Ibis spoke however, the man seemed to ease up a bit with the tension and the intimidation. He sounded as if he knew her—and as he began to explain, Ibis realized why his scent had been faintly familiar.

The mention of Swiftcurrent, and then of Rosalie—it made more and more sense as things progressed. Although there was a sadness to the man too. Your—oh. They had led the creek pack together, and now...? It sounded like something terrible had happened. That also would explain why her new friend Star had found the place abandoned. She didn't know what to say so she stayed quiet, absorbing all that the man said.

He needed a home, and his daughter—oh, how horrible! To lose so much, to be left with no recourse but to become a lone wolf without the support of a family. Ibis' heart ached at the thought, full of empathy. I... I would love to take you both in. We aren't a pack yet, but.. I've been gathering anyone in need, just like yourself, and we've been trying to get organized to survive the coming winter. You are welcome among us, of course. She wasn't going to say no to a father-daughter pair, whether they could afford the extra mouths or not. Having a strong body would be useful too, maybe, if they encountered problems. This wasn't something Ibis wanted to factor in to the decision so she didn't think too hard on any of it—just reacted.

Come, I can show you where we have made camp. Perhaps the hunters have found something to fill your bellies, she glanced to Lainie at that moment with a thin smile, and some food might help you warm up too.
Messages In This Thread