Phantom Hollow but we know one thing for sure
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
All Welcome 
idk if they'd be in NWF by now but sticking close to the location just in case
@Zephyr

No one would expect the fainted hearted Phillip to be in such an ominous place. And here he was, alone in hollow at the dead of night. He would have steered well away from it, but something, someone, forced him to enter.

T-twig? That was the name he had bestowed upon his little bird. He figured that if he got one then she had every right to receive one as well. But that's besides the point, she was gone now! One moment she was soaring above him and the next she had dove into this dreadful place. 

Phillip approached a moss-covered tree and hoisted himself upright. He scanned its bare branches for any signs of life, but not a creature stirred. Onto the next one then. He shuffled over to the nearest tree, then the next one. Nothing.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
The wayfarer moved north, for she knew know direction to go (no mission, no plan of action) other then to not turn south which she had come from. Her travels now that she had reached dry, mangable land, was a slow and lazy lope. After reaching the meadow, she took shelter to the Mesa, wondered the prairie and otter creek for food. Now her travels led her further and after moving through another open meadow, she reached the Phantom Hollow. 

It was a cold thicket, dark and shrouded in a blinding fog. The coming winter surely did not help its appearance but after so much open land, perhaps Kyr would find some use in the seclusion. But it was silent. Still. Her footsteps over the dead and decaying foliage echoing through the trees, barren savor the multitude of moss and vine which clung to them. 

It was not a pleasant vale or homey forest, but a haunted wood. Therefore, it was easy to say that when the youth called out, Vallkyrie heard his cries. Her head lifted high, silken black ears turning in the direction. The dark woman moved through the equally dark land, given away only by the thick stripping on white from her neck down her undersides. Icy eyes sought the pup and regarded him curiously.  Surely he wasnt wondering alone and with winter coming? Are you lost? She asks concerned and yet, she was herself too.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Phillip could have easily missed her. He was much too preoccupied with the branches to notice that inky for or even those striking eyes. His paws slid down the tree's bark and back onto earth. That was when she spoke. Insitinct drove him to scream and rush behind the trunk. It wasn't a very effective hiding place, his tail stuck out at one end and his nose twitched at the other. He stayed there for a moment, listening out for any signs to run, but she did nothing.

He dared to peer from behind the tree. This woman was an interesting sight to behold. She wasn't quite a wolf, more like shadow with a pair of eyes. Terrifying and mystifying all at once.

Phillip answered her question by rapidly shaking his head. Well, he hoped he wasn't lost at least. I'm looking for my friend, he said softly, Can you h-help me find her?
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
The sudden (and very loud, especially amongst the silence of the woodland) scream of the youth nearly had the young woman jumping out of her skin. She jumped back, head tilting to the side and a single ear falling back at the display of the boy, hiding behind a tree that very much obviously was not doing well. 

Kyr stood, silent, caught off guard and so, cut from any words she had readied herself to say. When he peered around the tree, her icy eyes blinked hard into his direction, her skull remained tilted. He shook his head then rapidly, stating he was out and about looking for his friend and if, maybe, she could help.  

I really have nothing else on my to-do list. Sure, why not? She offered a delicate smile to the youth. As a rogue, she had no duties to uphold to, no worth to prove, hierarchy to climb. Though she did enjoy such things. Right now it was only mere survival for the winter to come. 

Taking a single step forward on long, dark limbs to the youth, she pauses and asks, What does she look like?
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
sorry for the short post!

Her answer gave him some peace of mind. This was no spirit who had come to harm him, just a kind soul willing to lend a hand. Phillip took one step from behind the trunk before he quickly shuffled to the woman's side.

She's small and brown... and—and she's got big eyes. Phillip began to walk, assuming the woman would follow suit. And... she's probably up there, he gestured to the branches with nose.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
completely fine. :3

There was only a lingering moment of hesitance as he took a step out from behind the tree until the youth then found himself scrambling to her side. It was some time since she had another wolf at her side, moving with her, as opposed to her with a stranger's caution. She moved with the youth and listened as he described  his friend as small, brown and with big eyes. And that...she'd be in the trees? 

Kyr had thought he lost another pup his age or even his mentor. Now she was not so sure. How would she get in the trees? she inquired and then lifted onto her hind legs to rest blackened paws on the truck of one of the many trees in this hollow.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
The oddness of his description never crossed his mind until the woman questioned it. Even still he was confused by it. Didn't everyone have a little companion to sit on their shoulder? Maybe not Alarian... or Midar. Come to think of it he seemed to be the only one with a feathered friend. Was that supposed to be strange?

Phillip joined her upon the trees trunk. Well she's—she's um... Wait... what was she exactly? He couldn't recall her having a formal name. He just knew her as Twig. ...she's um. yeah... His cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

Um. I don't think she's up here. He returned to the ground before scurrying to the next tree. Maybe she's up here? ...no. A combination of his missing friend and his inability to communicate caused his heart to race. He had to get his mind off this. So, um, what's you're name?
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
He hesitated, very much so, trying to describe who, or more so, what his friend was. It only left Vallkyrie more confused and as he left the tree to move on, so did she, dull nails slicing at the bark in her wake. She began to think that the youth might be pulling her chain but the embarrassed expression on his features told her otherwise. 

Dodging to the next tree, the boy quickly dismissed it and moved on once more, tree to tree, looking as Vallkyrie did, her white neck out stretching. Frustrated it seemed without the ability to explain himself, he asked her name instead. Vallkyrie. She easily answered, And yours? She then asked as long and lean legs once more lifted up onto the side of a tree, peering within its branches. 

Small. Brown. Big eyes. In the trees... Your friend isnt a squirrel, is she?
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Phillip. His mind swam once more as the woman threw more unfamiliar words at him Squirrel? What was that? He thought back to all the creatures he had thus far, which honestly wasn't a huge list. There was him, Alarian, Twig, and all the little things that were fed to him, none he could name. Um, no I don't think so.

A distant, familiar chirup made Phillip's eyes light up. He pushed himself off the tree and bounced a few feet towards the sound. Oh, I think that's her! She must be nearby! He raced towards the sound without a second thought.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Phillip was the name in which Kyr was given and she put it to memory as she regarded the young boy, toying over his mind if his little friend was the rodent in which she had mentioned. He was not at all familiar with any terms she mentioned and couldnt explain himself well. Perhaps it was the injury, obvious on his skull, which had caused him such confusion or maybe still,  a lack of parents who had not the ability to teach him such simple things as what a squirrel was. Was that your friend who called? She asked. That sound she made... she's called an Owl. She explained to the boy. 

Either way, Vallkyrie held back the frown and followed behind the youth the moment a bird's chirp echoed through the silent and still forest. She trotted on long legs to his gallop, keeping an eye on the boy as he pulled ahead.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Although her words were muffled by the wind that rushed past, he was still able to pick them up. Owl. Simple yet satisfying. Finally his mysterious little friend had a proper title. It put him at ease.

The calls grew louder and louder until they were just above the two wolves. Twig? Phillip craned his neck upwards to scan each and every branch until he spoted a large pair of eyes staring down at him.

There you are! Why'd you go and leave me alone like that? Well, at least he wasn't alone all this time. Vallkyrie had helped him through this after all. He turned to the woman and smiled. Thanks for helping me. I don't think I would've been able to do this on my own.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
The lean huntress would keep pace with the youth with ease, listening as the hoots of the owl grew louder and louder. They were more high pitched then that she had heard from much larger of her species and once they came to the tree the owl was settled in, Vallkyrie could see she was but a small, rounded creature with large, glowing eyes in the treetops of this gloomy place. 

Your welcome, She purred the the youth, a smile over her lips and then she looked up to the owl. You know, birds have very keen eyesight and being able to fly, she can see more of the land around her much better then we can. If you loose her again, know she may be able to at least find you, even if you cant find her.  She found herself explaining to Phillip and took a step back, wondering if the bird would come down whilst she was near.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Phillip glanced up at the owl as Vallkyrie spoke. If she were able to see that well then she no doubt saw the two running around and jumping on trees. They went through all that and Twig could've returned to him at any time. Mischievous little thing! Oh, but Phillip couldn't be cross with her. In the end she had called out and led them here. And in the future he'd know she always had the ability to find him again. 

Well that's good to hear! He beckoned Twig from her perch and onto his shoulder with a few clicks of his tongue. We should get going now. I don't even know if I'm supposed to be out here or not. And with that, he headed off into the trees, but not before saying: Thanks again!
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
The youth with but a few clicking noises against the roof of his mouth, was able to have the owl obediently come swooping down from the trees and onto and slim shoulder blade. It was a little, furry brown creature as he explained and she was surprised it settled to comfortably with the young wolf. 

At least if the boy was wandering around like this he had a companion of some sorts to keep him company. He mentioned that he didnt know if he should be out or not which made Kyr think perhaps he was not alone after all. That he had someone to look after him wherever he was heading back to. 

She nodded and hollered out a Your welcome! as he dashed away through the dark and gloomy forest. Again, Vallkyrie was alone.