Emberwood It goes in my eyes a cinema
12 Posts
Ooc — Kansas
Private 
@Bhediya

With the snow and ice encapsulating the landscape, Pihu does not have the easiest time tracking down Bhediya. but there is a trait of determination carved into her very soul, and through the snowfall she wanders until she picks up the scent of her sister. At many points she feels terror growing in her belly; when the snowfall picks up, when the trail grows faint it is as though she is beginnig to lose it altogether. 

Yet she follows what her deft sense of smell is able to pick up and eventually she pushes through these rough and uncertain points of her journey. Eventually her sister's scent grows unmistakably stronger and she knows she draws near to the reunion her heart desperately cries out for. But her pawsteps must stop, as she has reached the borders of a pack. Has Bhediya perhaps found a home in this valley? The idea is both a happy one and a heart wrenching one. She wants to reunite with the shadow furred woman; but what if this pack will not allow her entry, or worse; what if she is attacked? 

Pihu wills these troubling thoughts away from her mind with a visible shake of her body, beginning at her crown and ending at her tail. The autumn furred woman then lifts her maw to the sky and calls for her sister, the song both beckoning and sorrowful.
English × Hindi
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
listen just now everything that could happen did happen okay IM SORRY

also assuming that easy does get put into the ranks

ALSO let me know if you prefer hover text or just colored. :)

home. it felt like home.

ishara, she'd returned. they were together again, the way that it was meant to be. bhediya could have died at peace with the knowledge that at least one of her children was safe. it was enough to give her hope that somewhere, the rest of the family lived on.

the darkness spread over her life, it was still there. pygmalion's grip was still just as tight, but she'd been able to forget that. because ishara, she was home.

then, the call sounded. it was unfamiliar at first, despite the clarity of its intended recipient. bhediya perked from the squirrel she'd stolen from the cache and thought about who it might be. as a scout and a leader, it was her responsibility to respond despite the unsureity, and so she did.

and there she was. 

the coat, the build, it was unmistakable. for a moment, she wondered how one could forget the voice of their own sister. pihu? she whispered, still some yards from where the woman stood. pihu! bhediya ran as fast as her legs could carry her into the sweet, familiar embrace of her sister.

oh, her sister! how long had it been? mainne socha ki main aapako phir kabhee nahin dekhoonga! the emotions, they gathered and sat at the base of her throat. aur, aur tum! tumane mujhe kaise dhoondha? maegi had been right! there was a god after all, and he was watching steadily over them all.

12 Posts
Ooc — Kansas
Green is fine! Ill italicize tbeir native speech since I'm on a phone and have no idea how to add a translation lmao

she waits in a cold shroud of uncertainty, worries etching themselves across her spirit. but these worries soon are scribbled into nothingness as a familiar dark figure bounds across the snowstricken earth, green eyes alight with joy. the visahe of the autumn woman mirrors that of her long lost sister, periwinkle eyes shimmering with joy and with tears of elation. Her sister barrels into her, a warm.embrace such as the wolfdog has yet to experience even from her own children. It is an embrace of gratitide, of a woman who has until this moment believed her sister to be llst forever.

there is a smile on puhis face reaching frkm the extremities of her cheeks as she holds her sister as long as she can. When the embrace ends there are tears streaming down her cream hued cbeeks, more forming in her eyes. i thought I would never see you again eithershe sniffles in their native tongue.. i traveled to these lands with little hope of finding you... But in the valley, I captured your scent. And here you areher tail wags at full speed behind her. 

Tell me, how are you? You look beautiful, BhediyaShe blinks twinkling periwinkle eyes. This is one of those moments to be remembered until death.
English × Hindi
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
this valley, of all valleys, had let them together. bhediya was completely in awe, stricken with gratitude as she sounded a silent prayer. worries of the foreign god hearing them remained no longer, for she had proof of jaes's intervention. thank you, maegi, she thought to herself, hopeful that the message would be carried.

bhediya waited for pihu to finish speaking. all the while, she remained nestled against her coat, inhaling the woman's scent. you're one to talk! she teased, finally pulling away to take in her sister's glory. you've aged better than i have, of course. perhaps it was the stress that'd begun the graying. she chose not to think about it.

i'm safe, i'm fed, so i'm good. how are you? where are you staying? a swarm of questions, this one only the first.

12 Posts
Ooc — Kansas
The shadowy sister seems to pull away and look Pihu over, her words provoking a soft giggle and a shake of her autumn crown. yet pihu cannot help but meet the staring gaze, looking her sister over to ensure not a confirmation of aging, but of good health. There is a slight smattering of gray across the other woman's maw, but this can be caused even in the most youthful of canines. nonsense, she scoffs good naturedly. Surely there is some graying in Pihu's own maw, obscured by the already pale highlights of her forehead and maw. we are still in our prime, sister.

Bhediya changes the subject thankfully, asking the auburn wolfess where she has taken residence. Her brow furrows slightly as she speaks. I am fairly well. I have been staying between duck lake and swiftcurrent creek. Not an abundance of game but there is enough. And plenty of water.
English × Hindi
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
the wilds, they were no place for a lone female; the beasts that roamed the open knew no mercy. pihu was larger than bhediya, so she didn't doubt that her sister could defend herself, but the thought of her having to was worrying. i-, the scout began, stay with me, pihu! we have the room. 

the offer could have been declined and she would have understood, though bhe hoped her sister would accept. the conversation would continue either way. walk with me? she asked, implying a stroll around the border. without ibis present, she would keep pihu out of the territory, but standing at the border wasn't ideal.

what have you been up to? probably not as much as you, bhe.

12 Posts
Ooc — Kansas
The emerald eyes seem to change to something like sadness or concern and pihu likewise cants her head in expressionless curiosity. With a smooth switch back to the common tongue Bhe makes a proposal. stay with me! 

The long golden-red plume of pi's tail sways as her mind begins to swarm with possibilitites. She has come for a reunion, a visit, but an invitation to stay has not come onto her radar. But it takes little consideration to deem this a good idea, the best, in fact, that she can hope for. 

Yes! I would love to stay with you, Bhediyu.  with that she falls into step with her coal- colored sibling as they begin a perimeter around the borderlands. 

I stayed for a while, Bhe. Too long. I raised the children as best I could but they were not quite rrady to leave with me. So i went, inviting them to follow at any time they wished. I hope they come... a shock of sadness darkens her face. i do not want them to stay with him.
English × Hindi
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
silence. the two of them continued on their patrol. fathi was still alive, still a threat. the thought of his presence threatened a snarl at bhediya's lips. he was a foul man, a malevolent beast; one undeserving of the women and children he'd been gifted.

she no longer resented him, for she'd arisen all the better. they'll be okay, bhe choked, jaes isse. the prayer was a whisper, the first she'd sounded in ages. it brought warmth in reassurance.

i'm sure that they're strong. they've got our blood. talking about the children wasn't what she wanted to do. the wolves of the emberwood, ishara included, knew nothing of the brood. bhediya would tell them someday, but someone overhearing wasn't how she'd planned.

she continued. i have a daughter here. ishara, but she prefers easy. she's grown, now. there are two more but they aren't here. perhaps one day they would return.

12 Posts
Ooc — Kansas
Pihu hears the snarl fall from Bhediyus lips and tilts her head downward. The memories of abuse come in a flood,anger and sadness momentarily breaking the mood of joy. but it is then that her sister offers reassurance, uttering a prayer long since heard which crawls into Pihu and concurrently gives her relief and reassurance. yes she whispers.  They are strong. It brings her great happiness that their children from another life have inherited their strenth and longing for survival. This past life is nothing that Pi will share with anyone of the teekons. Perhaps it shall be revealed with time. 

The subject thankfully shifts to Bhes current doings and within this change she shares that she has given life to another litter, one of whom, ishara, remains in their midst. Pihu offers her darker furred sister a congratulatory smile, one with pride etched within it. oh... I'm so happy for you, sister. I would love to meet your daughter. 

They trek the outskirts of uaine, periwinkle eyes often glancing beyond the borders into the lands she will soon call home. Are you happy here? In this pack?
English × Hindi
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
the congratulations sat uncomfortably on bhediya's ears. it wasn't earned; aside from carrying and bearing the litter, she hadn't done anything worth noting. of course, pihu didn't have to know this. not yet, at least. she allowed it to pass.

it was easier to move on. i... i am happy, actually. i have a mate here. she wondered if he might beg more children of her in the spring and prayed that he wouldn't. pregnancy was taxing, especially on a body as small and old as her own. and the leader, @Ibis, she's so kind. 

it occurred to her then to call for the young leader, which bhediya did by way of multiple short howls. she stopped walking then and assumed that pihu would do the same, falling into position on the border's neutral flank. we'll talk more in a moment, okay?

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She came when called; it was Bhediya who summoned her this time, which made her wonder if perhaps something new and good had yet again transpired. She did not waste a single step as she crossed along the forestry and when the slight figure of Bhe came in to view (alongside someone thin and young-looking from afar) Ibis picked up the pace; she learned within moments after her arrival that this wasn't some young wisp of a thing, but an older woman, perhaps a friend of the Magician.

Bhediya was saying something in a foreign tongue which never used to bother Ibis, although for a split-second she was deeply jealous of this magical sound and its immediate connection between the two women. Ibis' attention shifted from the sound of her friend's voice to the sight of the stranger, and studied her for a second or two. She was satisfied quickly enough - Hello, are you a friend of Bhediya's? The question was rhetorical, but the sway of Ibis' whippy tail was sign enough of good fortune.

A glance to the dark woman - Another piece of your family, perhaps, hoping to stay?
12 Posts
Ooc — Kansas
pihu looks at her sister strangely when she makes no further mention of this child, no story of her birth. The confusion whisks away however when her dark sister mentions a mate, bringing a toothy grin to the lighter furred sisters face and a swift flick of her plume. Bhediya continues with kind remarks of their leader, instilling a sense of hope, that if pihu becomes a member herself she will be treated fairly. 

The time comes for a call to the leadership, and the autumn woman unleashes an accompanying yipping howl, their songs playing together in uncanny unison, their shared blood displayed within their songs. In moments a lovely woman appears, toffee in comoration, witmh the most striking cerulean eyes. Those eyes study the pair for a moment before she questions Bhe, wondering if the stranger she has brought to their home is a friend. A little knowing smile blooms as she glances toward her dark sister.

then, the leader ponders aloud if this may be a family member.. It is now that Pihu speaks, her ears lowered and crown bowed in respect. my name is Pihu, and I am Bhediya's sister. I would be honored to share a home with her. With you, and with your pack.
English × Hindi
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
a common theme between aunt and niece. bhediya thought that pihu and easy were alike in their pride and eagerness. she smiled, then turning to ibis. yes, my sister. i've invited her into the pack but i wanted your permission first. 

they were building a family within the family. a group of wolves connected by blood as opposed to bond. bhediya considered this as she awaited ibis's reply.

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
A part of her expected this to be another lost daughter, maybe — but a sister! That was joyous news as well, and gave Ibis a spark of hope. So far the group had managed to reunite Pygmalion with Pirrup, Bhediya with Easy, and now a sister—! There was hope for Ibis to find her own family again and piece them together, if only fate would shine upon her.

Oh! Of course you can stay—you must! It is so good to meet you Miss Pihu. Ibis' tail raised like a banner and swayed happily for a few beats as she excitedly looked between the two sisters, and Ibis was quick to add, Any friend or family of Bhediya is welcome, you really didn't have to wait for me—but thank you for the consideration. Did you want a tour of the woods, or shall I leave that to Bhe? The girl looked to the dark woman's face and raised her brows.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
skipping and fading. :)

we can all go, bhediya said. she smiled at each woman, then waiting for ibis to begin the tour. there's not much to see, she whispered to pihu, i'm sure you'll like it. they headed off into the territory's heart, engaging ibis in stories of the south.