Stone Circle A Friendly Face
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Welcome to Easthollow! <3

It wasn't Nyra's fault she couldn't find Nanook. The Apaata simply couldn't stay still. If she was awake, she was almost always on the move, criss-crossing through the territory, or leaving, at times for hours on end, to watch, and study, and observe the phenomenon of nature and weather as the seasons shifted a little each day. Other times, she found purpose in the rhythmic circling of the perimeters. She was one of the few trained mercenaries within Easthollow -- at least, of those wolves who chose to make their trades known. Nanook was familiar with the routine of patrol, and she knew she was capable of holding her own if any strange company set their devilish eyes upon her family here.

Since her routine was so sporatic, Nanook was accustomed to having others simply howl for her if they wished for her specific company, often easier for her to find them than the other way around. Of particular curiosity in the summons today was the nature of the other voice. Nanook did not recognize the notes as anything familiar, and yet, this stranger -- a female, by the sound -- knew her name, and even more, called from within the territory and the borders around. Perhaps she had met this woman somewhere in passing?

She turned, and with a trot, roved off to meet the stranger somewhere within the birchwood forest.

The setting sun cast brilliant shadows across the snow. If not for the stranger's scent, Nanook might have missed the other woman's pale form entirely. She carried the trace of many wild things, and on the surface, Greyback.

Copper eyes, sharp and intense, and brimmed with curiosity, sought for the stranger's own. She reminded her of Siarut and his siblings, and of Nanurjak, and her cloister of Northern nuns. "Salutitsinik," she said, in traditional greeting, "You called for me." Not a question, and she fell silent, expecting the stranger to speak.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
A Friendly Face - by RIP Fury - January 01, 2020, 06:26 AM
RE: A Friendly Face - by Nanook - January 01, 2020, 04:04 PM
RE: A Friendly Face - by RIP Fury - January 01, 2020, 04:27 PM
RE: A Friendly Face - by Nanook - January 08, 2020, 10:34 PM
RE: A Friendly Face - by RIP Fury - January 08, 2020, 11:52 PM
RE: A Friendly Face - by Nanook - January 11, 2020, 09:52 PM
RE: A Friendly Face - by RIP Fury - January 12, 2020, 04:15 PM
RE: A Friendly Face - by Nanook - January 26, 2020, 04:16 PM