Haunted Wood Crumble beneath me
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Private 
Set at Shadow Grotto. Overcast, early evening. @BlackHat

Tzila for once, was not actively patrolling the borders. There were plenty of others to do it for her while she took some time off. Sprawled languidly atop the highest of the rocky ledges, she blocked the entrance to her cavernous den and the grim trophy that lay within its depths.

She was not in a good mood. Wired muscles were tense across her body, ears stubbornly set back like a pair of horns atop her crown. Her eyes were cold and slanted, further betraying her dark mood. Down past her muzzle where a set of fresh raking wounds were slowly healing, her lips were set into a scowl. She knew that it'd be just her luck that she found another straggler wanting in, should she be watching the borders right now. It was all well and dandy that the Nightwalkers numbers were growing, but the stats were not evenly balanced. The females by far outnumbered the males and with breeding season nearly here, Tzila felt threatened. Both directly and in her position as a Solider in the pack. 

She sneered, scarlet hackles bristling. If she were to have any chance of attaining more power, she would just have to ramp up her viciousness, asserting her dominance to remind these...lesser women not to get any bright ideas. Feeling bold, she threw her head back and let out a low, ominous cry. A direct challenge. It didn't matter who answered, so long as they had the nerves to show up.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
It'd been a while since he and Tzila spoke, so when she let out a challenging howl, he answered. They'd yet to spar, and he wanted to see what she was made of. He stopped at the foot of the dens and peered up at her. You called? He purred.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
It had been far too long since Tzila had engaged in any sort of activity with Black Hat. So, when he promptly answered her summons, arriving at the foot of the dens, her ire diminished just a smidgen. She held back the smirk she wanted to flash at him. Typical Black Hat. He certainly hadn't lost his charm. At least not on her. 

Wordlessly she stood, regarding him from her elevated perch. Descending with fluid strides and a bounce in her step, she approached him without hesitation. "I most certainly did." She hummed, boldly raking her side against his flank, momentarily pressing her nose into the scruff of his neck to investigate where and who had been mingling with recently. Up close, he would be able to see the various little nicks and small puncture wounds on her person. Notably, the shallow gashes on her muzzle when she pulled away. She got right down to business. "Spar with me." The words were very nearly a command and not a request. "I want to be better than what I am. You earned your title for a reason, Major." Then came the smile. The one tainted with sin and a thirst that could never be quenched.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Spree? -eyes-

She brushed her flank against his and shoved her snout into his coarse mane. Were it not for the absence of that telltale perfume, he'd think she were in heat. Aren't we forward today? He pointed out, but his tone indicated that he wasn't complaining. His loins simmered, but he said nothing on that matter... for now, anyway, curious to see what she was after first. He noticed the wounds on her face but wasn't given time to inquire about them, for Tzila implored he spar with her.

I most certainly did, Black Hat parroted, returning her smile with one that brandished his teeth. He didn't even bother backing up. Without warning, he struck almost playfully with a childlike rumble, targeting the column of her neck. He always played dirty, and that got him far — but not far enough for him, not here.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
She would give him the answers he sought later, after their spar had concluded. Right now she wanted to see what he was made of. To go toe to toe with him, and learn. As he struck for her neck without warning, she reeled back to avoid the clipping of his teeth.

Narrowing her eyes, she lowered her chin to protect her soft throat; an instinctual response. She spun towards him, maw gaping. She used the same move on him that she had used on @Ghidorah. It was a favorite of hers. Aiming for the soft tissue of the neck, just behind the skull. She reasoned if she could get ahold of an opponent there, she would be able to restrict their movements. Now she would see if her theory actually worked. 
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Tzila was not caught unawares, which wasn't too surprising. She'd surely fought countless wolves with no morals nor ideals of fairness, wolves who'd do anything to win. And neither was he thrown off by her swift dodge, for he had years of experience under his belt. He backed up in anticipation of her counterattack, tucking his own chin in to make a favorable hold difficult. As she went in for such a bite, he sidestepped and guided her teeth lower on his neck - low enough to give him room to retaliate. As expected, her jaws were nonetheless not gentle.

Without giving her much time to calculate anything, Black Hat lunged for her throat with all of his weight. His teeth would drive deep into her flesh should his attack connect, though believe it or not, he was holding back. As he shoved, he'd rear and push with his forelegs in a most overwhelming attack. Hyper-offense was his defense.
♚ JOIN CORONA