Neverwinter Forest Hang on, rewind
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Private 
After this thread, backdated like a ton.

Whatever happened, the chick was gone. Let's say @Markus had gone ahead to make sure she wasn't gonna loop back, leaving Mal with @Mango. Mal was rightfully pissed about the whole thing but was trying to cool his temper so they could actually like.. Have a conversation. That's why they were here, wasn't it?

Mal huffed, finally turning away from wherever they'd gone off to, back to this orange dude. Anyway, try to focus -- he shook his head, grasping for what he was supposed to ask, Sorry about that. I'm Mal. This is Neverwinter Forest. You met Markus, and that chick is some completely insane lone who doesn't know when to move on. Let go, back to business. Focus. Uh. Anyway. You're here to join or something else bring you by? He was putting his cool guy facade back together piece by piece, burying righteous anger to deal with later.
Iota
21 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The situation had been a blur of chaos, but soon the girl took off and the "good side" became clear. So that dark woman was just a ratty loon, then. Lucky for Mango- he'd been on the side of the handsome men since he saw them, and when they prevailed his heart leapt for joy. A gorgeously star-freckled man, and a mottled man of many shades. Both were beautiful- and now he stood by the latter, vaguely aware of his heart thumping in his chest.

Mal, that is, explained what had just happened, making things a little more clear. Then he inquires Mango's purpose here, and the boy blinks honey eyes as he realizes he's been asked a question. "Oh! Yeah, um. Yeah, I'm here to join. If you'll have me, Mal." he chirps, head tilting slightly like a begging puppy.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
It was interesting to him that it seemed like all the wolves he'd recruited had ended up being so different -- sure there were physical differences, that was expected, but even from these brief few moments of speaking, this guy had a particularly different attitude that Mal couldn't quite pin down the word for. Give it time. At the very least having him search his pitiful vocabulary for the right term might put him back on track. Either way,  not a wolf he was gonna forget too quickly,  he hadn't seen anyone that color before as far as the player could remember.

Anyway, quick chat time. Mal wasn't expecting anything else to go heinously wrong at this point so he relaxed a bit more, grinning more broadly. Back to normal, now, quick. Normally we try to keep things pretty calm over here, so that wasn't an every-day thing. If he'd introduced himself in the previous thread, Mal had either not heard or outright forgotten in the chaos, So do you bring any special skills with you or just the normal set, uh...? Blank.
Iota
21 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The boy grins more broadly now, and Mango returns it with a relaxed smirk of his own, though heart still thumped at that pretty face. He tells himself to stop thinking about that, and then he laughs at the boy's first statement- a loud, bold laughter. "Okay, thank god. If that was your daily routine hun... I'd be outta here." he giggles. 

And now suddenly this dude is asking for Mango's skills and he's sweating like a sinner in church. Skills- did he have any of those? "I'm kindaaa a medic? I got a little tinyyy bit of training back home..." he ponders, thinking back to what he'd learned. Oh no... was he forgetting it already? Whatever... he could half-ass it, right? Those plants pretty much all looked similar to him anyway. Mixing them up couldn't be that bad.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Hun? What?  It was just kinda wedged in there in the middle so he had only a half second to wonder if his ears heard right.  The grinning, the laughter was a strangely jarring contrast to what had happened. Still he tried to put a mental division between the two, to mixed results. Nah, the world's just gotta chuck random stuff at us like that every once and a while -- keep us on our toes. About the time things were calm, that was when something else had to show up and wreck the day.  It was a little funny wasn't it?  Not enough to laugh -- more of a grim humor that could be appreciated only in retrospect.

All things considered he wasn't thinking too hard or paying too close attention. His attention was still pretty badly fractured, but Mango had stuck around and that counted for a lot right this instant. You can talk to Ceilidh a bit about it too I guess -- but let's all see if we can stick around in one piece, yeah?  But hey, as long as you can help out with whatever stuff pops up, that's good. He started to signal Mango to follow him across the border but stopped mid-nod, Your name though? It would have been accompanied with a sort of "waitaminute" kind of finger point if he'd been a human, so what would the wolf equivalent be?
Iota
21 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Mango nods at the boy's next words, about life being crazy. It sure was! One day he was living at Boringville, Nowhereland, and now he was here, surrounded by handsome boys in... what was this place exactly? Neverwinter Woods? The name was already slipping from his mind, but he didn't feel bothered enough to ask again. He'd know in time, he supposed.

Then he mentlions some Ceilidh- who? Another medic? His brow furrows slightly- did he have competition here? That's not what he wanted. This idiot was more concerned about being the one and only medic (no matter how shit he was at it,) than the actual safety of the people. Yeah, Mango was kinda an ass. 

As he starts to the follow the boy when prompted, he's stopped rather suddenly in his tracks as the guy asks for his name. Oh my gosh, almost forgot! I'm... the one and only, Mango Mévouirdieu! He grins cheekily and does a little twirl-and-pose to accompany his introduction, tail wagging from side to side.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Your choice of Mango being a dork or fading. >P

Mal was almost back to normal at this point, which meant other things were starting to eat into the edges of his consciousness. The fact he'd gotten a good chomp to the neck was suddenly starting to be realized again -- he'd definitely be bruised, and beneath the thick fur there he was bleeding a little -- for this instant Mal wasn't entirely aware of it, more like a paper cut that you don't feel until you see it. Well, that and the thread hadn't been concluded until recently, gee. The bruises were going to be more of an irritation over the coming weeks anyway, honestly. But Mango could very well notice maybe!

When Mango paused a moment, Mal also stopped, looking back over his shoulder -- a little awkwardly, again, starting to feel that chomp. Mal smirked a little, tipping his head, Well c'mon, Mango. I can give you a bit of a tour. They could see the cache.. And like the area where sometimes people just hung out.. And uh. Mal hadn't exactly made a ton of landmarks.
Iota
21 Posts
Ooc —
Away
fade I suppose, we should have an updated thread uh soon! :P

Mal seemed to be pained by something, from the way he hesitated to fully look over his shoulder. Mango recalled the fight that had happened only like ten minutes before, and he would've offered to heal him- but that might screw up his chances of getting a home here. Considering the fact that he didn't know as much about healing that he claimed he did. Yeah, better not to accidentally give his new leader an infection. 

Mal offers him a tour, and that has the orange boy grinning again, tail batting excitedly from side to side. Lead the way, hun! He laughs as he falls into line behind the bespeckled boy. The two would walk through the forest for a while, each of them being weird in their own ways, before departing. Mango would go a second lap by himself, searching for a good spot for a new den, before curling up to sleep.