Stone Circle the ones who were left behind
201 Posts
Ooc —
His response was relieving to hear, though it didn't entirely remove that feeling. It couldn't be helped; the feeling had taken root, and she had watered it regularly with her self-deprecating thoughts. It would take more than that to rip the weeds that had found their way into her mind. West did try though. And the more he went on, the more he tugged at the things inside that needed removing. 

...maybe... maybe he went to look for Clay, she thought aloud, squinting. There had been some of that done immediately after the event, but Leta had thought he would just... come back. She had been young and naive. He had never come back, after all. Do you think that they'll ever come back? she asked then. Even though Clay had yet to, she still hoped that someway, somehow, he would find his way back. Maybe with Newt. Maybe that was what would do it. Newt still leaving was fresh, but because Clay had not ever come back she imagined it would take a while for him to. 

She smiled softly at his words, nostrils flaring as she felt sheepish to hear it returned. It was not something she did not know of course, but it was nice to hear it aloud. 'course I know, but... the way I acted, I wasn't sure if... if you guys thought any differently. Not you for me, but me for you... I didn't mean to be weird, and her tone was not defensive at all; she felt guilt for it, genuine guilt, though things had yet to really change for her. She wanted them to. 

And so maybe she needed to change a little, too. Be a little braver. 

I wanna look for Newt. Not leave Easthollow but maybe go on a quick trip to see if he went to our sister or something. Or maybe Moonspear, where Nikai lives. And maybe along the way... maybe Clay too, her tail waved a little bit. Do you think that's a good idea??? I can get auntie Nanook to come, and uncle Siarut, two supervisors who would ensure she got home safely.
Messages In This Thread
the ones who were left behind - by Leta - February 10, 2020, 10:33 AM
RE: the ones who were left behind - by West Tyree - February 10, 2020, 01:05 PM
RE: the ones who were left behind - by Leta - February 10, 2020, 01:21 PM
RE: the ones who were left behind - by West Tyree - February 23, 2020, 01:35 PM
RE: the ones who were left behind - by Leta - March 03, 2020, 09:16 AM
RE: the ones who were left behind - by West Tyree - March 21, 2020, 04:39 PM
RE: the ones who were left behind - by Leta - March 23, 2020, 08:49 AM
RE: the ones who were left behind - by West Tyree - April 04, 2020, 10:41 PM