The Heartwood invasion of the bodysnatchers
201 Posts
Ooc —
Caught. Her ears airplaned atop her head as she guiltily turned around to face who she had presumed was her traveling companion. Who she saw, though, was not at all that wolf; all at once Leta's disposition changed to one of attention, standing tall with her surprise and her rounded ears perked forward alertly. It was rare to see Leta standing as she did now, given her submissive and timid nature—but the face before her caught her so unawares that her initial instinct was to simply stand her ground and make sure what she thought she saw was real rather than a figment of her imagination. 

And Leta had a great imagination. 

Still, it could not conjure Newt so perfectly as this. Any sadness or anger or anything else that could be was gone in favor of her excitement. This had not been something she had expected at all—she had hoped to find him that day, but he had gone so quickly. But here he was, and talking to her too. Leta could not control her tail—it whipped left and right so quickly that it was a wonder she did not take off in the air a la Tails. And then without warning she sprang forward to embrace her brother in a sisterly hug she would not be quick to release him from should she succeed—and if she failed, well, she would not falter in bestowing every other measure of affection she could deliver. 

Newt!!! Oh, Newt!!!! You left so—so quickly! I wanted to tell you something, something I had not said, because... I know I had been keeping to myself, and, I didn't get to tell you, and I'm sorry, I was never avoiding you, and, I uhm, I didn't mean to make you feel badly if I did, or make you feel like leaving or something, insert massive inhale here as she continued, a mile a minute, but, uhm, well, I love you, and I'm sorry, and you're a good brother, I just, I just had a lot going on in my head, and, and I'm trying to be better and I want to be better and I missed you, her head lowered and she guiltily looked away at her admission; Leta fully believed she was a part to blame for his leaving, even if only in part, but wanted him to know all of that.
Messages In This Thread
invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 11, 2020, 08:15 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 11, 2020, 12:16 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 11, 2020, 01:09 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 11, 2020, 02:44 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 11, 2020, 02:58 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 12, 2020, 04:06 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 12, 2020, 11:52 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 15, 2020, 04:49 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 23, 2020, 09:28 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 26, 2020, 07:11 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 26, 2020, 09:14 AM