Haunted Wood mountains that are stacked with fear
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Physical touch was not something Clarence had ever been indulged with, but it certainly did the trick, soothing him and calming him down. But perhaps it was because it was Santiago that was doing the comforting that made him feel so much better. Maybe the man would scare others - he was huge, after all, with mangled ears and scars covering his body. But there was something so calming about the silver of his eyes, like the moon itself reflecting off of ice.

And perhaps Clarence should be more careful. Perhaps it would be smarter to be more cautious with the man, but even if he could manage to be suspicious, he most likely wouldn't want to be. Not with how warm his chest was around Santiago, and how safe he felt. The camaraderie they had, both being part of a fighting ring. Both surviving. 

Clarence stood alongside the man, head tilting slightly to the side and tail setting at a hesitant wag as he waited on Santiago's response. It wasn't anxiety that he felt about how he would reply, but more eagerness. And the man responded much the way the younger expected, which caused another smile to form on his maw. 

"I won't tell," he assured, pressing the side of his head against Santiago's shoulder before they separated again. "I care about you too, Santiago. You're a really good friend." Friend. Clarence had never really had friends before, but he was glad that he had one now. One that cared about him, and who he cared about too. Nightwalkers might not be the perfect home, but he was happy with Santiago here.

He'd almost forgotten the stinging in his chest and the drying blood on his fur. "The wounds will be okay," he said, looking down at them. They weren't nearly as deep as what he'd experienced before - Memory had been holding back. "I don't want to bother Serem. If it gets worse, I'll see her." His ears angled toward the man and he furrowed his brows at the invitation, head tilting to the opposite side. "Does she not sleep with you?" he asked, trying to ignore the sharp spike of jealousy that hit him out of nowhere. His paws shuffled and he lowered his ears, willing the feeling away. 

So what if Santiago and Serem shared a den? They could do whatever they wanted to do, and it was none of Clarence's business.
Messages In This Thread
mountains that are stacked with fear - by RIP Clarence - April 06, 2020, 10:51 PM
RE: mountains that are stacked with fear - by RIP Clarence - April 12, 2020, 12:31 AM